Click Here!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Teixeira to the Angels?

  1. #11
    d dub
    Guest

    Default

    Morales is hitting .320 in Salt Lake so even if they can't retain Teixeira there shouldn't be a big hole at 1st next year. At least not big enough to move Kendrick over again. And if it comes down to overpaying him, K-Rod or Anderson next year I'm sure the Angels preference would be Teixeira

    It's perfect timing. Anderson & K-Rod are both big maybes for next years squad, Vlady isn't getting younger and the AL East is a log jam. It's a great year to go for broke. As an Angels fan I'm ecstatic.

    I'll miss Kotchman, but I won't miss thinking "what if.."



  2. #12
    Pumping Chicks Dave's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    4,160
    Liked
    96 times
    Karma
    1025300
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

    Default

    Who gives a shiat! It's the Angels.

  3. #13
    Chipping for par lath19's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,319
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Tex is one of my favorite players and a nice upgrade over Kotchman but they still won't make the World Series. Even with Tex the offense is still the worst of all the potential AL playoff teams. Considering how Vlad struggles in the postseason (as guys who swing at everything tend to do against good pitching) the Angels offense can be shut down over a 7 game series.

  4. #14
    The Black Gretzky C-DUB's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,752
    Liked
    34 times
    Karma
    1080000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lath19 View Post
    Tex is one of my favorite players and a nice upgrade over Kotchman but they still won't make the World Series. Even with Tex the offense is still the worst of all the potential AL playoff teams. Considering how Vlad struggles in the postseason (as guys who swing at everything tend to do against good pitching) the Angels offense can be shut down over a 7 game series.
    Good pitching does beat good hitting, and the angels have plenty of it (pitching). With Teixeira in the line up Vlad should see some better pitches unlike the last two years. Def going to have a good chance at getting to the World Series.

  5. #15
    Hoya
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C-DUB View Post
    Good pitching does beat good hitting, and the angels have plenty of it (pitching). With Teixeira in the line up Vlad should see some better pitches unlike the last two years. Def going to have a good chance at getting to the World Series.
    Sabernomics | The Protection Externality: It Doesn’t Exist

    That said, still a great deal for the Angels. Vlad's postseason struggles have a lot less to do with "free swinging" than just being small sample bias. If he breaks out, it's probably simply because he's a good ****ing hitter.

    And if we've learned anything from the '06 Cardinals, as long as you're in the postseason anything can happen.
    Last edited by Hoya; July 29th, 2008 at 07:04 PM.

  6. #16
    Regina...rhymes with fun RockPile's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,109
    Liked
    180 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hoya View Post
    Teixeira is a huge upgrade on Kotchman.

    That said, Angels are going to love dealing with Boras.
    It's nothing new, there are several Boras represented players on the Angels already. McCourt is the one who fears Boras.

  7. #17
    Regina...rhymes with fun RockPile's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,109
    Liked
    180 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    I don't see any reason why the Angels won't be able to resign Tex in the off-season. Not resigning Frankie Rodriguez (likely) and Garrett Anderson (very likely) alone frees up 22.6 mil. I doubt if the Angels went into this without intending to resign him.

  8. #18
    I get around




    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,242
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPile View Post
    It's nothing new, there are several Boras represented players on the Angels already.
    Name em.

    Isn't Jered Weaver the only one?

  9. #19
    Hoya
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPile
    McCourt is the one who fears Boras.
    Yet we signed Lowe and Drew a few years back, and added Andruw Jones this offseason.

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPile View Post
    I doubt if the Angels went into this without intending to resign him.
    Intent and actually doing it are two different things.

    The Astros also intended on resigning Carlos Beltran.
    Last edited by Hoya; July 29th, 2008 at 07:47 PM.

  10. #20
    Team LGK Cross Traffic's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,905
    Liked
    261 times
    Karma
    1257300
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    75 Post(s)

    Default

    Nice to see the Halos get another big bat for the lineup. Braves gave alot of prospects up for 1 year of Tex. Now there is a team that needs a complete rebuild.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66