Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 102
  1. #31
    <3 Tanner <3 TooCool's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    16,601
    Liked
    5003 times
    Karma
    2147468698
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1383 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TBrown33 View Post
    Very similar to the Ducks tooting their horn about the 70+ straight sellouts.
    The Ducks have sold out only this ONE year my friend. HockeyMariner's argument is that it has been 6 years since the last World Series Title and the attendance is still strong. When you do take off the bandwagon label?

    Bandwagoners only stick around for a year or so.

    The Ducks had their season tickets all sold out for ONE YEAR only. Look at it now. The season seats are available because the wagon fell apart after their 1st round collaspe against the Stars. (Most of their season seats were almost always sold on Ebay. Some people had like 30 seats to one account. They were just hogging up the spots to make the playoffs had the Ducks gone deep in the playoffs again.) I'm sure the Ducks will still draw some strong numbers in the 2008-2009 season, but I don't think they'll sell out more than 15 times this year.

    Quote Originally Posted by TBrown33
    But we have a trophy case full of World Series titles. You have one. I mean, that's nice. But we have more. Plenty more. That would be a: bad deal.
    That's fine and all, and I respect the history the Dodgers have. But you can't seriously use that argument forever.

    For example. Let's say I'm a Dodger fan. I am 24 years old right now. That means the Dodgers won their last championship when I was freaking 4 years old. Unless the 4-year old is a genius, I'm pretty sure that 4 year olds wouldn't know what the hell was going on at the time and how huge the situation was.

    I personally don't understand the people who try to use that as their argument for having a better team. If the championships are before your lifetime, it doesn't count. Especially not for fans who use that reason to back up their team. The fact is that the Dodgers have not won a title in 20 years. It's like Yankee fans who brag about their 26 Title, when they've only been along for the ride for a year.

    I didn't like the baseball and the Angels until 1999, so the 2002 was a very awesome time for me personally. (It was with the Lakers 3-peat and my High School Gradation all in that year.)

    Just like with the Lakers. I've only seen 3 world championships in my lifetime. I didn't get into basketball until the 1992-1993 season. I don't try to argue with people about the showtime days and the days before that.

    Bottom line. The Angels have been great the past 6-7 years. The Dodgers, have not. But again, I have nothing against the Dodgers. They still have a great shot in the NL West right now. But Dodger fans need to stop being so bitter, because their argument looks weaker and weaker as the years go on.

    For example... this guy.

    Quote Originally Posted by SystemOfACrown
    Royals fans > 3 real Angel fans
    Enough said.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

    While it seems like most of you are allergic to the "like" button, I just want to personally say thanks for looking anyway.

    Rink Dawg

  2. #32
    You'll Never Walk Alone chu gar's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,311
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    For me, it has A LOT to do with their name. They are NOT in Los Angeles!!! Change the name back to the Anaheim Angels, and my respect for them as a team will improve. I will still not like them, but I will no longer cringe every time my friends talk about their beloved Angels...

    Also, this is my favorite shirt right now:


    Welcome to Mayazteca.net ..:: Your online store for Culture Wear and Cultural Clothing

  3. #33
    Regina...rhymes with fun RockPile's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,109
    Liked
    180 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lath19 View Post
    C'mon guy, if you are a lifelong Angel fan you would know most of today's Angel fans are bandwagoners. Take a look.

    Before 2002 (the year of the rally monkey)
    - Angels barely drew 2 mil per season
    - About 25k per game
    - Rarely would you see somebody wearing an Angels cap around town

    Post 2002
    - Angels draw well over 3 mil per season
    - 41-42k per game
    - Every douchebag in OC has a shiny red hat and a black one (cause they're cool)
    Rarely would you see an Dodger cap around town until it became popular with the homies.

    That bandwaggoner stuff is bull**** and the desperate argument of a green with envy fan, sick of decades of his own teams mediocrity despite having among the highest revenues in all of baseball. Is the real bandwagon fan the baseball fan who more readily shows affiliation with the team after the team finally has success or the person who knows little about baseball but rocks the colors because it is popular among the crowd? In that light, the majority of Dodger fans are bandwagon fans. Dodgers have enjoyed waves of bandwagonism with Fernando, Nomo, Park and Choi. The OP needs to stop being so damn jealous. The Angels had nothing to do with you getting stuck with Fox and McCourt, get over it. Channel your feelings if inferiority towards the incompetence that is McCourt.

  4. #34
    Thats my puck baby! HockeyMariner88's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,168
    Liked
    350 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drop The Gloves View Post
    Living in the OC I can say there are a lot of hard-core Angels fans. There are also way too many bandwagoners (many of them bro' posers with TAPOUT shirts that think they're Jesse James or an MMA fighter, I like to call them "Mikes") but that happens when one team in an area is winning more than the other. Once the Dodgers win their next World Series you'll be seeing more LA hats in the "OC".

    But for AB to say we'd trade our team for theirs....F*** NO!

    I've been a Dodger fan since I was born and that will never change!
    Whats worse, bandwagon "bro posers with TAPOUT shirts" or bandwagon homies who think they are gangsters wearing clothes 3 sizes too big? Dodger fans really need to get over thinking they are so much better than everyone.

  5. #35
    I get around




    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,242
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Ignoring the racial undertones in your argument...

    the entire basis on which you based Dodger "bandwagonism" on went down the drain because of one...tiny...little...flawed...judgment.

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPile View Post
    In that light, the majority of Dodger fans are bandwagon fans. Dodgers have enjoyed waves of bandwagonism with Fernando, Nomo, Park and Choi. The OP needs to stop being so damn jealous. The Angels had nothing to do with you getting stuck with Fox and McCourt, get over it. Channel your feelings if inferiority towards the incompetence that is McCourt.

    Hee Seop Choi sucked. Always sucked. Will always suck. Fernando, Nomo and Park were all greatly for a prolonged period of time wearing Dodger Blue. Choi had 1, maybe 1 1/2 pretty good seasons with The Dodgers. He's as much a part in coverting non-Dodger fans to bandwagon Dodger fans as Alyssa Milano.

  6. #36
    changing the game TBrown33's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    5,034
    Liked
    13 times
    Karma
    1015000
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPile View Post
    Rarely would you see an Dodger cap around town until it became popular with the homies.

    That bandwaggoner stuff is bull**** and the desperate argument of a green with envy fan, sick of decades of his own teams mediocrity despite having among the highest revenues in all of baseball. Is the real bandwagon fan the baseball fan who more readily shows affiliation with the team after the team finally has success or the person who knows little about baseball but rocks the colors because it is popular among the crowd? In that light, the majority of Dodger fans are bandwagon fans. Dodgers have enjoyed waves of bandwagonism with Fernando, Nomo, Park and Choi. The OP needs to stop being so damn jealous. The Angels had nothing to do with you getting stuck with Fox and McCourt, get over it. Channel your feelings if inferiority towards the incompetence that is McCourt.
    Ok. Can people seriously stop with the misinformation? Not to mention the heaps of subtle (well, maybe it's not that subtle) racism spewing from some of you? This is getting out of hand. You also have the "inferiority complex" thing backwards. Also, McCourt is a huge upgrade over the Fox ownership. Nice try on reversing the bandwagon thing, though. Hard to prove when the team draws 3 mill+ in non playoff years.
    Last edited by TBrown33; July 17th, 2008 at 10:44 AM.

  7. #37
    Genghis John
    Guest

    Default

    I think this is the worst thread I ever read on this board

  8. #38
    I get around




    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,242
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingsJohn/Obediah View Post
    I think this is the worst thread I ever read on this board


    What's that, Bro?!?!?!

  9. #39
    Genghis John
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post


    What's that, Bro?!?!?!
    What the hell is that supposed to mean?


    I am going to attempt to save this thread from sputtering the rest of the way in to hell












  10. #40
    Genghis John
    Guest

    Default








    Gotta throw in this one



Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28