Click Here!
Page 43 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 955

Thread: 2007/08 English Premier League Season

  1. #421
    Mr. Irreverent
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redxalonso View Post
    Former Arsenal director David Dein sold the remaining of his shares to Usmanov, not surprisingly another shady Russian oligarch.

    Alisher Usmanov, potential Arsenal chairman, is a Vicious Thug, Criminal, Racketeer, Heroin Trafficker and Accused Rapist
    http://www.craigmurray.co.uk/archive...r_usmanov.html
    This will not end well...

  2. #422
    Good Times! redxalonso's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,984
    Liked
    123 times
    Karma
    1040000
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Irreverent View Post
    This will not end well...
    I wonder if they would be allowed to buy any American sports franchises.

  3. #423
    Mr. Irreverent
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redxalonso View Post
    I wonder if they would be allowed to buy any American sports franchises.
    Somehow I don't think so... shady corporate dudes would be okay, heck even mafiosos would have a better chance to buy a sports team than some Russian dude.

  4. #424
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redxalonso View Post



    The Germans are efficient, but Juergan Klinnsman and Rudi Voller did not rely on brut strengths when they were helping Germany last win major tournaments.

    In WC 2006, Klinsmann changed the German into a more attacking squad and exceeded all expectations.

    Klinnsman led a very different German squad but he also had a new generation of German players to work with(Podolski, Schweinsteiger, Lahm, etc.)

    But Voller's 2002 team was very much a German throwback team. Klose up front as a traditional target man, but a very packed midfield. With pretty much 2 destroyers in Jeremies and Hamman leaving Ballack to roam. Anyways, remembering their games, the only won they really won with style was the Saudi game. Against the US they won from a header off a free kick. In the semi's they just put in about a billion crosses against South Korea(great strategy since the German team was on average probably 5 inches taller than the Koreans) and Ballack ended up heading one home.

    It was a very efficient team, that didn't take many chances with the ball. Very traditional German squad.

  5. #425
    Good Times! redxalonso's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,984
    Liked
    123 times
    Karma
    1040000
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUcruz View Post
    Klinnsman led a very different German squad but he also had a new generation of German players to work with(Podolski, Schweinsteiger, Lahm, etc.)

    But Voller's 2002 team was very much a German throwback team. Klose up front as a traditional target man, but a very packed midfield. With pretty much 2 destroyers in Jeremies and Hamman leaving Ballack to roam. Anyways, remembering their games, the only won they really won with style was the Saudi game. Against the US they won from a header off a free kick. In the semi's they just put in about a billion crosses against South Korea(great strategy since the German team was on average probably 5 inches taller than the Koreans) and Ballack ended up heading one home.

    It was a very efficient team, that didn't take many chances with the ball. Very traditional German squad.
    Had Klinnsman played the traditional German style, they wouldn't have gotten out of group stages. It's not like the squad was given to him. Both his team selection for the World Cup 2006 and his decision to be more attacking were heavily criticized by his countrymen.

    As a player, Klinnsman took plenty of chances with the ball and Germany benefitted because of it.

    Rudy Voller as a player had some creativity and skills to his game. I wasn't talking about his management for Germany.

    Nobody ever criticizes the World Cup winning Brazilians or Argentinians, or their star players for taking too many chances with the ball. Ditto Zidane, Thierry Henry, Dennis Bergkamp or George Best etc.

    If you're confident about what you're doing, and are not afraid to TRY, then there's no such thing as taking chances. In other words, only a bunch of p*ssies and defeatists would stay away from "taking chances".

  6. #426
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Nice rant, but I wasn't critisizing players for taking chances. Merely pointing out that the 02 German team was very much a traditional German team. I thought you had said that Voller led a very attacking thought.

    Redxalonso loves to rant when he thinks someone disagrees with him. Take it easy, if you answer the points I make and don't go on these endless tangents your posts would make more sense.

  7. #427
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    For example what does any of the following have to do with what I posted. What was the point of bringing it up.

    Quote Originally Posted by redxalonso View Post

    Nobody ever criticizes the World Cup winning Brazilians or Argentinians, or their star players for taking too many chances with the ball. Ditto Zidane, Thierry Henry, Dennis Bergkamp or George Best etc.

    If you're confident about what you're doing, and are not afraid to TRY, then there's no such thing as taking chances. In other words, only a bunch of p*ssies and defeatists would stay away from "taking chances".

  8. #428
    Good Times! redxalonso's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,984
    Liked
    123 times
    Karma
    1040000
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUcruz View Post
    For example what does any of the following have to do with what I posted. What was the point of bringing it up.
    Because you made it sound like a fair amount of skill/creativity(which is how I interpret taking chances with the ball) is not needed to win.

    The German teams with a good mix of robots and skilled players are the ones that won trophies in the past.

  9. #429
    Good Times! redxalonso's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,984
    Liked
    123 times
    Karma
    1040000
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUcruz View Post
    Redxalonso loves to rant when he thinks someone disagrees with him. Take it easy, if you answer the points I make and don't go on these endless tangents your posts would make more sense.
    Coming from a guy who actually thinks Lampard is a box to box player and that Benitez is overrated, of course it doesn't make sense to you.

  10. #430
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redxalonso View Post
    Coming from a guy who actually thinks Lampard is a box to box player and that Benitez is overrated, of course it doesn't make sense to you.
    Benitez is overrated by many Liverpool fans which has was my point.

    Even now, Liverpool fans are clamoring of this great fluid attack. Yea they've looked good, but I'll be more impressed when they do it against better sides than some French squad and Derby. Reading 'Pool fans thoughts from various message boards and you'd think this version of the squad is '74 Holland.

    The fact is, Benitez is overrated by many 'pool fans. I don't think he can be considered in the upper echelon of managers until he wins a few league titles. Mourinho's resume is far more impressive than Benitez's at this point.

    You've shown a clear bias against Frank Lampard. Why would anyone want to believe your argument. I at least have a neutral opinion on the matter. Reading your posts is as if Lampard ****ed your sister.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •