Click Here!
Page 53 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 955

Thread: 2007/08 English Premier League Season

  1. #521
    I get around




    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,242
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Irreverent View Post
    Celtic beat AC Milan!!!
    Thats gonna sting, rain or not.

  2. #522
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redxalonso View Post
    That was the worst Liverpool performance since Houllier was in charge. They played like a bunch of pussies.

    We miss Alonso in the midfield and Agger in the backline.

    Pennant isnt' the best winger but we needed him out there.

    Credit to Marseille, they were the cohesive team on the pitch.
    Why Sissoko over Mascherano in the midfield? As a man marker, Sissoko is a good option but he brings nothing to the table when the ball is at his feet. I don't think it's a great idea to play him with Alonso out and in a European game when possession is everything.

  3. #523
    Kingslaw
    Guest

    Default

    I didn't get to watch the game. Who did Rafa start? Did Fernando Torres get any playing time?

  4. #524
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingslaw View Post
    I didn't get to watch the game. Who did Rafa start? Did Fernando Torres get any playing time?
    Liverpool were in a 4-4-2.

    Crouch and Torres started up front.

    Here's the match report.

    http://soccernet-akamai.espn.go.com/...228774&cc=5901

  5. #525
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Irreverent View Post
    Celtic beat AC Milan!!!
    And yesterday Rangers beat Lyon.

    Nice showing from the SPL teams.

  6. #526
    Kingslaw
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUcruz View Post
    Liverpool were in a 4-4-2.

    Crouch and Torres started up front.

    Here's the match report.

    http://soccernet-akamai.espn.go.com/...228774&cc=5901
    Sweet. Thanks

  7. #527
    You'll Never Walk Alone chu gar's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,311
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingslaw View Post
    I didn't get to watch the game. Who did Rafa start? Did Fernando Torres get any playing time?
    Worst game ever. This was the worst game I've ever seen. Seriously, Sissoko is dead to me. Every single ball that was played to him, he either gave it up, like he did which resulted in the goal, or he kicked it out of bounds! He really is not a good player, and what's worse is Rafa recognized this fact after the game, and he lets Mascherano SIT!!! He lets Babel SIT!!! Christ Rafa, if you are going to rotate, which I think is a good idea, get it right!!!!!

    I am annoyed beyond belief! Do not start Leto, let alone play him, and sell Sissoko in January. He is worthless, and he lost this game single handedly!!

  8. #528
    Good Times! redxalonso's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,968
    Liked
    119 times
    Karma
    1040000
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUcruz View Post
    Why Sissoko over Mascherano in the midfield? As a man marker, Sissoko is a good option but he brings nothing to the table when the ball is at his feet. I don't think it's a great idea to play him with Alonso out and in a European game when possession is everything.
    I don't know, but...
    1) Mascherano picked up a yellow card from the Porto match.
    2) Sissoko picked the wrong time to have his worst game for Liverpool.
    3) I'm afraid Benitez's ego is getting the best of him.

    Leto was just as bad as Sissoko, yet Leto was subbed at half time by another average player in Riise, but Sissoko stayed on when someone just as capable in Mascherano stayed on the bench.
    Last edited by redxalonso; October 3rd, 2007 at 10:20 PM.

  9. #529
    You'll Never Walk Alone chu gar's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,311
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redxalonso View Post
    I don't know, but...
    1) Mascherano picked up a yellow card from the Porto match.
    2) Sissoko picked the wrong time to have his worst game for Liverpool.
    3) I'm afraid Benitez's ego is getting the best of him.

    Leto was just as bad as Sissoko, yet Leto was subbed at half time by another average player in Riise, but Sissoko stayed on when someone just as capable in Mascherano stayed on the bench.
    Yeah, I didn't bring up Leto, because he was subbed. But yeah, I don't know...

    Still kind of pissed off about this game though...

  10. #530
    Good Times! redxalonso's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,968
    Liked
    119 times
    Karma
    1040000
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chu gar View Post
    Yeah, I didn't bring up Leto, because he was subbed. But yeah, I don't know...

    Still kind of pissed off about this game though...
    So am I.

    I'd rather have 35 year old Jan Koller than Crouch. For the amount of bitching and moaning he spews out about playing time, he isn't doing anything to prove that he deserves to play more than he does. Liverpool's attack in the final third were more composed last night when Kuyt came on.

    Benitez's gamble with Gabriel Heinze's transfer has backfired. Hyppia was already showing his age 2 years ago. His lack of speed leaves too much of a gap between him and the midfield. Out of fear, he drops deeper and deeper, and gets caught out of position more often than ever. It's nothing new but he can't be playing more once in a blue moon when Agger or Carragher needs a breather. We don't need a back up CB as skilled as Agger, but we need one that can cover just as much ground.

    Attacking wise, when Agger plays, he gives the midfield the option to push up the field by bringing the ball from the backfield himself. I mean, it's become routine to see either Xabi coming back to get the ball from Carragher or Agger to start the build up, or Agger starting it on his own. Hyppia, Carragher and Riise just pumps the ball forward because they can't take care of the ball to save their lives, and I ****ing hate it when we pump long balls.

    Put Sissoko in the mix and IMO we got what we deserved.

    We'll be better when Agger and Xabi comes back...in about 5 weeks!

Page 53 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66