Page 87 of 96 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast
Results 861 to 870 of 955
  1. #861
    Mr. Irreverent
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VEGASKING View Post
    Flamini to Milan is a done deal and Hleb possibly following him to Milan with Inter. Better have some quality signings in midfield and another center back would be nice.
    Flamini is going to choke with italian defenses, and so will Hleb. What a shame for Arsenal... I hear Deco and Rafa Marquez will be available!

  2. #862
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Irreverent View Post
    Wouldn't you be as frustrated? Look at the talent on that team!!!

    BTW, Ronaldinho is already telling everyone he's going to AC Milan. Good riddance!

    I think Pep is an excellent choice for Barca, he's a hometown boy who will bring pride back to the jersey after it was disgraced this last Wednesday. **** you Laporta!!!
    You know what Riijaard and Ronnie did wrong? They were successful too fast!

    It might sound funny, but think about it. Both guys show up, couple La Liga titles and a Champions League title. Now everyone expects Barca to do the double each year(not entirely unfair mind you). They can't do it and everyone is calling for their heads! I'm talking in jest of course, but I think the expectation game really screwed them up in a way.

  3. #863
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VEGASKING View Post
    Flamini to Milan is a done deal and Hleb possibly following him to Milan with Inter. Better have some quality signings in midfield and another center back would be nice.
    Losing Flamini is a blow for Arsenal. He really came into his own has a holding midfielder who had a lot of skill on the ball. Arsenal were at their best when they had Flamini and Cesc in the middle of the park. Gilberto can still do the job as a holding player but he offers nothing going forward.

    I think Diaby has some promise, but he's not a guy who can start some 30-40 odd games during a season yet.

    You're right, Arsenal need another midfielder, a holding one with some skill ideally. Probably 2 defenders, a CB and a RB who can provide some cover, and I think another striker. Adebayor is a good player but there was too much pressure on him to perform, he needs some help. I think Bendtner has a lot of promise as a #9, but he's still pretty young, can really depend on him fully yet.

    Also I don't think losing Hleb is a big deal. He is a decent player but never really impressed me. Good squad guy, probably don't want him starting a ton of games. Rosicky does a lot of the same things and is better in my eyes, plus you figure Walcott wil get a lot more playing time. Losing Hleb isn't as much of a blow as losing Flamini.
    Last edited by ASUcruz; May 9th, 2008 at 08:20 PM.

  4. #864
    Mr. Irreverent
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUcruz View Post
    You know what Riijaard and Ronnie did wrong? They were successful too fast!

    It might sound funny, but think about it. Both guys show up, couple La Liga titles and a Champions League title. Now everyone expects Barca to do the double each year(not entirely unfair mind you). They can't do it and everyone is calling for their heads! I'm talking in jest of course, but I think the expectation game really screwed them up in a way.
    <RANT>

    I have seen this team desintigrate since the end of last season with the combination of losses (and last minute ties) at the of the season losing the title to Madrid, the World Championship in Japan and also the Supercup to Sevilla. Rijkaard simply has no tactical answers to win the big games. Worst of all he continues to employ the damn 4-3-3 even though he doesn't have the right players for the formation. He's used Iniesta as a RW and Ronaldinho and Henry as a LW and it has failed them for 2 years in a row now. They also never replaced Ludovic Guily who gave them speed on the right flank and gave room for Ronaldinho down the left side of the field. Instead they bring in Ezquerro and Gudjonsen??? Two useless attackers who've played a total of ten games!!! Then there's the whole Saviola and Thierry Henry fiasco...

    It is of my opinion that their early success was due to the hunger of all their new signings (especially Eto'o, Deco, Ronaldinho). Sure Ronaldinho was great in his first two seasons, but his form has suffered along with Deco's and Rijkaard has just had nothing to offer this team. I mean the dude had Oleguer (who cost them the game) in the starting eleven against Madrid last season when they barely managed to tie them at home thanks to Leo Messi's hattrick.

    Everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY in europe knows how to stop their offense, you load the back with bodies and you counter attack. That's how Real Madrid won the camp Nou derby, that's how Sevilla won the Supercup and that's how Man Utd beat them in the Champions semi-final. I'm not going to say that Rijkaard is the only one to blame, but he definitely needs to go along with the sporting director (Txiki Beguristein) and possibly the club president (Laporta). Barca were ****ing disgraced at Madrid this week and that is the biggest insult to any Barca fan and Catalans in general.

    Did I mention that Victor Valdes sucks? Atleast we got Messi, Iniesta and Bojan to work with...

    </RANT?

  5. #865
    1st Scoring Line Crazy_Ivan's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,809
    Liked
    123 times
    Karma
    1000100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

    Default

    I also wonder if Ronaldhino and Deco were at Man U would their little party nights have been tolerated quite as much. I always remember the story of Giggs being dragged out by his ear from a party at Lee Sharpes house by none other than Alex Ferguson, I dont suggest a coach should do that but Ferguson has no tolerance for laziness or the good life in his players, and he certainly cares nothing for their reputations.

  6. #866
    Mr. Irreverent
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Ivan View Post
    I also wonder if Ronaldhino and Deco were at Man U would their little party nights have been tolerated quite as much. I always remember the story of Giggs being dragged out by his ear from a party at Lee Sharpes house by none other than Alex Ferguson, I dont suggest a coach should do that but Ferguson has no tolerance for laziness or the good life in his players, and he certainly cares nothing for their reputations.
    That's why Alex Ferguson >>> Frank Rijkaard. Don't get me wrong, the players absolutely LOVE Rijkaard, but that is also because he's so damn lenient and allows all kinds of unprofessionalism. He let Ronaldinho not train with the squad so he could ride the exercise bike for like 6 months. He was also really lenient on Rafa Marquez and Deco... There is alot wrong with Barca's training, etc and Pep Guardiola will demand more from his players.

  7. #867
    1st Scoring Line Crazy_Ivan's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,809
    Liked
    123 times
    Karma
    1000100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

    Default



    Some Ferguson type loving might be just what they need in Barca.

  8. #868
    Mr. Irreverent
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Ivan View Post


    Some Ferguson type loving might be just what they need in Barca.
    Indeed.

  9. #869
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Enough talk about off-season stuff. There is still a title to be decided!

    D day is tomorrow, Man United @ Wigan and Chelsea home to Bolton.

    A win gets Man United the title. Any scenario where Chelsea get more points than Man United gives them the title.

    Relegation looms for Fulham USA, Reading, and Birmingham City. With Derby already relegated, there are 2 spots for those three teams. Bolton is not mathmatically safe, but the 2 spots will likely come from Fulham, Reading, and Birmingham.

    Fulham have a tough match, away to Portsmouth. Reading are away to Derby, they should win. And Birmingham, who need a lot of help are hosting Blackburn.

    It will either be a great day tomorrow or disastrous one.

  10. #870
    Mr. Irreverent
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUcruz View Post
    Enough talk about off-season stuff. There is still a title to be decided!

    D day is tomorrow, Man United @ Wigan and Chelsea home to Bolton.

    A win gets Man United the title. Any scenario where Chelsea get more points than Man United gives them the title.

    Relegation looms for Fulham USA, Reading, and Birmingham City. With Derby already relegated, there are 2 spots for those three teams. Bolton is not mathmatically safe, but the 2 spots will likely come from Fulham, Reading, and Birmingham.

    Fulham have a tough match, away to Portsmouth. Reading are away to Derby, they should win. And Birmingham, who need a lot of help are hosting Blackburn.

    It will either be a great day tomorrow or disastrous one.
    I can't imagine Man U choking...

Page 87 of 96 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27