Click Here!
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 137

Thread: Beckham - does anyone care?

  1. #111
    Go, Kings, Go rinkrat's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    209,386
    Liked
    7809 times
    Karma
    100235000
    Images
    6478
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    353 Post(s)

    Default

    OK, here is why soccer sucks. I watched the game yesterday with Chelsea vs Galaxy and it was boring as hell, even with the impending debut of Beckham. The Chelsea team was WAY better than the US team but only won by one goal despite the fact that they spent the entire game in their zone. If this had been a hockey game with the same kind of territorial domination by one team, it would have been a 5-0 or 5-1 game. Compound this with the fact that guys are diving all over the place even though it's a "friendly" preseason game and it's just plain unwatchable. Even the great Beckham looked like he was shot dead after someone tripped him.

    Soccer sucks!!

  2. #112
    Good Times! redxalonso's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,901
    Liked
    158 times
    Karma
    1030000
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

    Default

    What I saying is if these EPL that THAT SUPERIOR to MLS teams they should be able to manhandle a MLS team even in preseason.
    This statement proves you're making assumption of the EPL based on an exhibition match, but have never seen EPL teams play at a high level.

    Either EPL are are far superior and your point of preseaon is a fraud or MLS is better than than you want to admit. You can't have it both ways.
    You wouldn't be confused, if you've actually seen Chelsea and other top EPL teams play at a high level. Again, you're arguing for the MLS with no knowledge of the EPL.

    I think a preseason top tier NHL would have no problems with a mid season lower division team.
    No Problem? A top tier NHL teams would most likely win an exhibition, but you are wrong if you think a minor league team in mid season form with chips on their shoulders aren't going to give them a run for their money.

  3. #113
    MVP SuxBeingU's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    11,724
    Liked
    261 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redxalonso View Post
    This statement proves you're making assumption of the EPL based on an exhibition match, but have never seen EPL teams play at a high level.


    You wouldn't be confused, if you've actually seen Chelsea and other top EPL teams play at a high level. Again, you're arguing for the MLS with no knowledge of the EPL.
    Now you're assuming, I watched 2-3 EPL games a week on TV. Its far better than MLS fir the upper tier teams. I am just trying to get ther EPL snobs to give the MLS their due credit. MFM had the same issues until some of their stars came over expecting to dimonate and came out and said how much more phyiscally demanding MLS is adn how the quality was far better than they thought.
    I am just looking for the rtespect from you Euros who have never been to a MLS because its "rubbish".

    people like RR and tonga, I have no problem with their statements, they don't know any better, they "don't get it" They don't see the beauty in a 50 yards pass that lands at the feet of a forward running in full sprint with a guy hanging on his shoulder. they too refuse to go a game because its soccer. I EXPECT MORE OF YOU

  4. #114
    2nd Scoring Line Dawdler's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    922
    Liked
    181 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rinkrat View Post

    Soccer sucks!!
    so you won't be starting Letsgogalaxy.com

    Quote Originally Posted by SuxBeingU View Post
    Now you're assuming, I watched 2-3 EPL games a week on TV. Its far better than MLS fir the upper tier teams. I am just trying to get ther EPL snobs to give the MLS their due credit. MFM had the same issues until some of their stars came over expecting to dimonate and came out and said how much more phyiscally demanding MLS is adn how the quality was far better than they thought.
    I am just looking for the rtespect from you Euros who have never been to a MLS because its "rubbish".

    people like RR and tonga, I have no problem with their statements, they don't know any better, they "don't get it" They don't see the beauty in a 50 yards pass that lands at the feet of a forward running in full sprint with a guy hanging on his shoulder. they too refuse to go a game because its soccer. I EXPECT MORE OF YOU
    SBU, once again well said

  5. #115
    krudmonk
    Guest

    Default

    If a Euro side loses to an MLS side which is in mid-season form, that's only ane xcuse if the MLS team is good. The Galaxy suck!

  6. #116
    Good Times! redxalonso's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,901
    Liked
    158 times
    Karma
    1030000
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuxBeingU View Post
    Now you're assuming, I watched 2-3 EPL games a week on TV. Its far better than MLS fir the upper tier teams. I am just trying to get ther EPL snobs to give the MLS their due credit. MFM had the same issues until some of their stars came over expecting to dimonate and came out and said how much more phyiscally demanding MLS is adn how the quality was far better than they thought.
    I am just looking for the rtespect from you Euros who have never been to a MLS because its "rubbish".

    people like RR and tonga, I have no problem with their statements, they don't know any better, they "don't get it" They don't see the beauty in a 50 yards pass that lands at the feet of a forward running in full sprint with a guy hanging on his shoulder. they too refuse to go a game because its soccer. I EXPECT MORE OF YOU
    I've already acknowledged in another post that the MLS has gotten better, but the problem is you think the MLS is better than it is, especially passing judgement over a couple of exhibition matches.

    Don't be naive to think that EPL players are going to say anything negative about the MLS over the media.

    The MLS is a retirement league. I've enjoyed watching Abel Xavier and Youri Djorkaef when they spent there younger years with Liverpool and Bolton.

    Some teams from the Swedish Elite League or the Russian Hockey League could compete in the NHL, but finish towards the bottom. You know why? Because most of the best Swedes and Russians who are good enough to play at the NHL are already on board. The ones remaining in the SEL or RHL are either not good enough, or not ready to make the next step. MLS is exactly THAT in comparison to other top leagues.

    Clubs from other top leagues have scouting networks that spans across the globe. If an American or MLS is good enough, scouts will find them. Did you know former Galaxy Nate Jaqua was flown to Liverpool for a trial when he was still in high school? ManUtd plucked Jonathon Spector away since he was a teenager.

    MLS teams playing in the EPL are going to get some points, but over a 38 game season but none of them boasting current squads would be able to avoid relegation.

    There is no way to find out but most of the best talents from the MLS currently playing in the EPL are playing for below mid-table clubss and Onyewu can't even make an impression at a club that are desperate for defenders should serve as a good indication.

    You're the one who doesn't get it because I've made these arguments before.

  7. #117
    Little Big Man 33isgod's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,645
    Liked
    5 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Hopefully the excitement and atmosphere doesn't go down too soon

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXeVgQ9VCgo


    That's pretty ****en loud at the Home Depot Stadium. Everyone must've creamed on themselves when he ran onto the field.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeMTAJOnLOg
    Last edited by 33isgod; July 22nd, 2007 at 08:41 PM.

  8. #118
    Bring the Reign




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,654
    Liked
    178 times
    Karma
    1089000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 33isgod View Post
    Hopefully the excitement and atmosphere doesn't go down too soon

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXeVgQ9VCgo


    That's pretty ****en loud at the Home Depot Stadium. Everyone must've creamed on themselves when he ran onto the field.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeMTAJOnLOg
    I did, and Im never gonna wash those shorts again.

  9. #119
    krudmonk
    Guest

    Default

    I love that the Brit broadcast used the old Galaxy wordmark.

  10. #120
    P I M P I N DLEOS91745's Avatar




    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    4,112
    Liked
    8 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
    My family is family friends of the Frank Yallop (Head Coach of the Galaxy)

    And as of today, David Beckham will not play on saturday. He isn't going anywhere for a long long time and there is no reason to play him in an exibition game.
    He lied.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83