2) Pachuca is a serious force. Watch more soccer.
3) Both opponents were in the offseason.
4) Against Pachuca, the money lies in the prize and not solely in revenues. They had to try.
I am not trying to be insulting but let's be honest, La Primera League is well below the top Euro leagues. When I called Pachuca "second rate" that was in comparison to Chelsea, not the Galaxy. Compared to a MLS team Pachuca is indeed a power.
I think we both know that if Chelsea and Pachuca played in a game that was important and both clubs were in mid-season form, Chelsea would obliterate Pachuca.
And let's face it, the Galaxy (of whom I am a fan of) is currently a bad team in a the MLS...........a third rate league. So again, I am not saying this just to slam Pachuca or La Primera League or Mexican soccer, because I admit I am fan of a worse team, in an inferior league, in a country that doesn't give a crap about the sport.
1) True. But even in a friendly Chelsea is a force.Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk
2) I watch plenty of soccer, that is how I know that Pachuca, although a power, is a power in a second rate league.
3) Also true, but the Galaxy lost to one and beat the other.
4) Of course they had to try.
Look, I don't know why you guys are getting worked up over this. IceDogsFan played the Beckham angle on the two games and I was simply pointing out that perhaps the vast difference in the playing levels of the two opponants may have had more to do with the outcome than Beckham playing 12 minutes in one match and then missing the other.
Waste of a thread. Even more of a waste is that I read it.
More EPL players to follow Beckham's footsteps to the MLS.