Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 137
  1. #61
    Good Times! redxalonso's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,979
    Liked
    123 times
    Karma
    1040000
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuxBeingU View Post
    Can you say Eurosnob?

    exactly how many MLS games have to attended in the last 3 years? I am guess less than 2 if any at all.
    10 years MLS sucked, no question. They have come along way adn are far more competitve than they were years ago. If you listen to the players who have come here they sayy it way more physically demanding and alot tougher than they thought.
    Get off the high horse and drag your ass to a few games. I'll vene supply the tickets for a future Chivas game. If you want come down tomorrow night we play the Columbus Crew at 7:30PM. PM how many tix you need.
    Eurosnob? I can't stand watching the Serie A and most La Liga matches, and I do enjoy watching the Brasilian League.

    Any clubs outside of Europe that who can hang with EPL teams would most likely come from Argentina and Brasilian leagues. Similar to teams from the Swedish Elite League or the Russian League would give NHL teams a run for their money.

    I should have point out the fact that the MLS has gotten better. The MLS has improved. I'll admit that some games are fun to watch, but I don't let it distort reality. To say the best MLS teams can hang with the EPL teams in mid season form is still a stretch. The MLS are not equivalent of the Swedish Elite League, because they don't consistently develop world class players.

    What's the reason the MLS has improved? Mo' money. If the MLS had billionaires throwing stupid money around with no salary cap, that's when the league will rival EPL because local talents are far from being good enough like the Brazilians and Argies to form competitive teams from ground up.

    If Beasley was discovered by PSV, whom along with Ajax are known to unearth and develop the best young talents, then why aren't they taking more MLS or American youngsters besides Alex Nguyen or whatever his name is.

    If the MLS is as good as you see it, then why do the best Americans go abroad? You don't see too many best players in their prime playing outside the NBA or NHL do you?

    With the exception of Beckham, reality is the MLS only attracts the best of the rest, and the only reason Beckham joined is because of A-Rod money. Shevchenko could be the next one, but the league is going to get him when he's well past his prime.

    I appreciate the tix offer. maybe next time.

  2. #62
    krudmonk
    Guest

    Default

    You just praised the Brasilian and Argentinian leagues criticized MLS for US player going abroad. Where do the best Brasilians and Argentinians play? Yeah, not their home countries.

  3. #63
    Statto
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuxBeingU View Post
    Can you say Eurosnob?

    exactly how many MLS games have to attended in the last 3 years? I am guess less than 2 if any at all.
    10 years MLS sucked, no question. They have come along way adn are far more competitve than they were years ago. If you listen to the players who have come here they say it way more physically demanding and alot tougher than they thought.
    Get off the high horse and drag your ass to a few games. I'll vene supply the tickets for a future Chivas game. If you want come down tomorrow night we play the Columbus Crew at 7:30PM. PM how many tix you need.
    My one question would be which of redxalonso's comments do you disagree with?

    I think it is a pretty fair assessment. Although, I would add McBride as being reasonably successful in the PL, albeit in a poor side (Fulham).

  4. #64
    All Star




    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,942
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Byatch1979 View Post
    Am I reading this correctly? Are the words 'physical' and 'Soccer' being used together in a few posts?

    Hopefully with Beck's huge paycheck, he can feed Posh a little more.

    Hey man, it's a rough game!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=jxvNxsJzyxI

  5. #65
    Little Big Man 33isgod's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,645
    Liked
    5 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    That wasn't a fight. Looked like Michael Phelps practicing his freestyle.

  6. #66
    King of all Kings Byatch1979's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,104
    Liked
    79 times
    Karma
    9005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 33isgod View Post
    That wasn't a fight. Looked like Michael Phelps practicing his freestyle.
    Totally. Those were some wild and wacky punches. Let me guess, both players had a good cry afterwards too. :tommy:

  7. #67
    Jonny Be Good projectx's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,072
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangePuck View Post
    Hey man, it's a rough game!
    more so for the fans.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=eQ5_EIulh64

  8. #68
    King of all Kings Byatch1979's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,104
    Liked
    79 times
    Karma
    9005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by projectx View Post
    Now THAT was intense. Mob mentality at its finest.

  9. #69
    Good Times! redxalonso's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,979
    Liked
    123 times
    Karma
    1040000
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
    You just praised the Brasilian and Argentinian leagues criticized MLS for US player going abroad. Where do the best Brasilians and Argentinians play? Yeah, not their home countries.
    I agree, that the best Argies and Brazilians don't play in their home countries, but most of the best ones started off playing in their home countries before going abroad.

    The argument here is whether MLS teams can compete with EPL teams.

    MLS teams do not supply as many talent to top leagues as the Argentina and Brazilian league.

    If I could get TV coverage on the Swedish Elite League or the Russian Hockey League, I would watch them often as they are the main foreign talent supply to the NHL.

  10. #70
    Roadrunner Great/WHA MVP KINGS17's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    13,614
    Liked
    1337 times
    Karma
    1525090
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    935 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redxalonso View Post
    Like the Women's world cup or any major sporting event, from now on the Galaxy playing in any MLS Stadium is going to be viewed as a major sporting event because of Beckham

    I agree with you that this is going to be a blip, but only in the media. Like the Greg Lemond and Gretzky effect, I can see millions more kids sticking to soccer throughout their teenage years instead of opting for the other four higher paying team sports before the age of 12.
    It will only be a blip. As soon as the novelty wears off the casual fan will no longer care.

    I don't see millions more kids sticking with soccer at all. Kids are going to play football when they get to high school and that will always be far and away the #1 high school sport in America, with basketball #2, and baseball #3. Then when you go onto college football is king again. In women's sports in college it's all about basketball and softball.

    It's like Jim Rome said on his show the other day Americans want to see 500ft bombs (HRs), bone crushing blind side hits on the QB, and players taking off from the free throw line for a dunk. A perfectly placed cross from the wing or a corner kick don't really excite the average sports fan in the U.S.

    As far as great attendance for the women's world cup several years ago, Americans always turn out when it's us vs the world, especially when the final is us vs the commies.
    Hockey's original bad boy. The "Cowboy" Howie Young


Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65