Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    dsctaz
    Guest

    Default Chivas USA Offseason Thread

    Well, not what we had hoped for the Goats. Too many lucky bounces in favor of KC but what can you do?

    Who stays?

    Who goes?

    Will we get another DP spot? Use it to get a big name or trade it again??

    An also as important: What can Cue, Hunter and Co do to get more butts in the seats marketing-wise?


  2. #2
    #SimianNation mitchrock's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    26,920
    Liked
    8129 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    634 Post(s)

    Default

    Now that Chivas as a taste of the playoffs they can build on that next year. As evidenced by the games against KC, another scorer would be nice.
    I AM THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

  3. #3
    Jonny Be Good projectx's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,072
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dsctaz View Post
    What can Cue, Hunter and Co do to get more butts in the seats marketing-wise?
    That is the big question.

    I know quite a few people that went to the playoff game, but they went to cheer KC, more specifically Hartman and Victorine who were favorites of LARS, and they were cool with paying the money "because it all goes into the MLS pot, so all the teams get some"

    I think one of their problems was that before Hunter got there, they were far too focused on the Galaxy. As a matter of fact they kinda of ran out of gas after winning the SuperClasico.

    It reminds me of the Clippers, when they would advertise their opponents rather than their own team. Although their opponents have given them their biggest crowds (vs. Galaxy, vs. Blanco and the Fire)

    Their "pure mexican blood" fans are alienated because the team is not "pure" and many english speakers are alienated cause everything is in spanish. I think what would help them the most is to realize that they are an American team.

  4. #4
    krudmonk
    Guest

    Default

    The Goats should take on the old LA Aztecs moniker. It's Mexican in name and has NASL roots. Plus, it wouldn't embarrass everyone else in MLS...

  5. #5
    dsctaz
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by projectx View Post
    That is the big question.

    I know quite a few people that went to the playoff game, but they went to cheer KC, more specifically Hartman and Victorine who were favorites of LARS, and they were cool with paying the money "because it all goes into the MLS pot, so all the teams get some"

    I think one of their problems was that before Hunter got there, they were far too focused on the Galaxy. As a matter of fact they kinda of ran out of gas after winning the SuperClasico.

    It reminds me of the Clippers, when they would advertise their opponents rather than their own team. Although their opponents have given them their biggest crowds (vs. Galaxy, vs. Blanco and the Fire)

    Their "pure mexican blood" fans are alienated because the team is not "pure" and many english speakers are alienated cause everything is in spanish. I think what would help them the most is to realize that they are an American team.
    O don't know, the growth of St Patricks Brigade doesn't show that.

    Plus lets be honest, there's a lot of hatred between Mexican soccer fans and Central American soccer fans, do you really think Central American fans would go cheer Chivas even if they got rid of the Mexican Blood marrketing thing?

  6. #6
    krudmonk
    Guest

    Default

    Any more news on the rumors about a stadium in Santa Ana?

  7. #7
    MVP SuxBeingU's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    11,755
    Liked
    147 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
    Any more news on the rumors about a stadium in Santa Ana?
    NOT going to happen. Never really were any real discussions.
    HardRock will lock that property up. The cities were just using Chivas to get HardRock to act faster and/or pay a bit more.

    Krud- BTW Chivas made the playoofs last year too, they had a taste, we NEED another scoring threat IMO an attacking Mid to help take pressure of Galindo and Razov.

    I am hear Landycakes is heading back to SJ. I have been eharing this since SJ came back. I think it might happen.
    Also hearing the league WILL NOT give another DP for next year.

  8. #8
    krudmonk
    Guest

    Default

    Even though I think AEG will eventually win in pressuring the league to allow another DP, Donovan may still be gone. The Galaxatives will aim for fatty Ronaldo or limpy Figo to fill space on the huge marquee they'll have outside HDC. If he comes here, so be it. I know he doesn't want to and fans here still hate him, but Yallop may be the deciding factor since they're BFF and all.

    Another DP spot will work nicely for your guys, though. I know Vergara would spend the money instead of trading it away again.

  9. #9
    MVP SuxBeingU's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    11,755
    Liked
    147 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)

    Default

    Cue has gone on record and said HE WILL sign a big name in the off season. I think Chivas will somehow get a DP either through the rules or a trade.
    As much as I dislike Donovan, AND HIS SISTER, I could see MLS arranging Donovan to stay in LA BUT come over to Chivass, he fluent in Spanish and it would certainly cause a huge stir in the media

  10. #10
    krudmonk
    Guest

    Default

    That'd be the best for all parties, I suppose. It'd also spice up the Chivas/Quakes matches. He's another Pronger up here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28