Click Here!
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 297

Thread: The Official World Cup 2010 Thread

  1. #21
    1st Scoring Line ucsdguy1's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,772
    Liked
    1096 times
    Karma
    1172739
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    224 Post(s)

    Default

    actually the times for the first 3 US games aren't too bad.

    ah takes me back to 2002.....go to sleep around 3 or 4 in the afternoon. wake up at 11:00. watch a game. sleep for an hour or so. wake up at 3:30-4 am, watch another game. repeat.

    Ivan sounds amazing. Have a great time!

  2. #22
    Chipping for par lath19's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,319
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    actually the times for the first 3 US games aren't too bad.

    ah takes me back to 2002.....go to sleep around 3 or 4 in the afternoon. wake up at 11:00. watch a game. sleep for an hour or so. wake up at 3:30-4 am, watch another game. repeat.

    Ivan sounds amazing. Have a great time!
    I did the same thing except I'd just stay up all night until 4a and then sleep until 10. College was sweet!

    I remember going to a party for the US-Germany game in the middle of the night. There were so many people up and around (we lived across from the SDSU campus) you would have thought it was 8p. Good times.
    Posted via Mobile Device

  3. #23
    1st Scoring Line ucsdguy1's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,772
    Liked
    1096 times
    Karma
    1172739
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    224 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lath19 View Post
    I did the same thing except I'd just stay up all night until 4a and then sleep until 10. College was sweet! I remember going to a party for the US-Germany game in the middle of the night. There were so many people up and around (we lived across from the SDSU campus) you would have thought it was 8p. Good times. Posted via Mobile Device
    oh yeah....I was at UCSD at the time. Ended up going to little italy for the germany match, place called the Princess Pub. was a great time..

    roberto's on miramar road saved me quite a few nights during that world cup..

  4. #24
    Elegant Diehard's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    9,633
    Liked
    411 times
    Karma
    1574552
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

    Default

    It ****ing sucks how many star players have been hurt before the Cup's even started. Rio Ferdinand's out, Didier Drogba's out, and today Arjen Robben got injured in a friendly.

  5. #25
    1st Scoring Line Crazy_Ivan's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,805
    Liked
    121 times
    Karma
    1000100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiehardKingsFan View Post
    It ****ing sucks how many star players have been hurt before the Cup's even started. Rio Ferdinand's out, Didier Drogba's out, and today Arjen Robben got injured in a friendly.
    The African teams have been hit hardest too, Nigeria lost Mikkel, Ghana lost Essien, Ivory coast lost Drogba....it's a bit of a disaster.

  6. #26
    Little Priest Noble Savage's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,249
    Liked
    323 times
    Karma
    1031400
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redxalonso View Post
    If everyone is healthy, I think England is finally going to end their WC drought.
    Bet?

  7. #27
    Good Times! redxalonso's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,968
    Liked
    119 times
    Karma
    1040000
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noble Savage View Post
    Bet?
    Sure

  8. #28
    Good Times! redxalonso's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,968
    Liked
    119 times
    Karma
    1040000
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiehardKingsFan View Post
    It ****ing sucks how many star players have been hurt before the Cup's even started. Rio Ferdinand's out, Didier Drogba's out, and today Arjen Robben got injured in a friendly.
    New stars will emerge. They always have.

    Besides, the game is better off without diving queens like Drogba.

  9. #29
    you rollin dirty? ketel&tonic's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,088
    Liked
    341 times
    Karma
    1006100
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redxalonso View Post
    If everyone is healthy, I think England is finally going to end their WC drought.
    I'm with you on this one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Ivan View Post
    Uruguay vs France and Holland vs Cameroon, not very exciting but the Cameroon game will be a great experience as the South African crowd get behind another african team.
    Unexpectedly exciting or boring as hell, I'll be decked out in all my orange gear!


    I'm so excited for the cup to start!

  10. #30
    #1 fan VEGASKING's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    2,992
    Liked
    41 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

    Default

    3 hour WC preview followed by an hour USA team preview followed by 2 hours of the WC concert on espn Thursday. Can't wait for Friday.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66