Click Here!
Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 456

Thread: Summer Soccer Thread - 2008

  1. #131
    irisher
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUcruz View Post
    Croatia beats Germany 2-1.

    Didn't see that one coming!
    Totally. I thought for sure the Germans would come out fired up. I can't understand why they waited until the 75th minute to get serious.

  2. #132
    Mr. Irreverent
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by irisher View Post
    Totally. I thought for sure the Germans would come out fired up. I can't understand why they waited until the 75th minute to get serious.
    Yup. Klose and Gomes just don't seem to function well together, then add the fact that VBallack and Frings had a ****ty day didn't help them. Schweinsteiger looked good.

    BTW, that Modric dude from Croatia is going to be worth $$$$$ when this is all said and done.

  3. #133
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Irreverent View Post

    BTW, that Modric dude from Croatia is going to be worth $$$$$ when this is all said and done.
    Good thing Spurs got him early then. That being said, he took his penalty against the Austrians well but other than that he was not very impressive against them.

  4. #134
    I get around




    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,242
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    LOL @ Germany

  5. #135
    #1 fan VEGASKING's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    2,992
    Liked
    41 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUcruz View Post
    Good thing Spurs got him early then. That being said, he took his penalty against the Austrians well but other than that he was not very impressive against them.

    I agree. Didn't do much today, either.

  6. #136
    Mr. Irreverent
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUcruz View Post
    Good thing Spurs got him early then. That being said, he took his penalty against the Austrians well but other than that he was not very impressive against them.
    I guess that transfer went under my radar... His game would translate well to the Spanish League. Juande Ramos is going to make the EPL even more interesting.

  7. #137
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Irreverent View Post
    I guess that transfer went under my radar... His game would translate well to the Spanish League. Juande Ramos is going to make the EPL even more interesting.
    Not if he's counting on the Michael Dawson-Ledley King partnership.

    A lot depends on Berbatov as well. If they keep him, they'll still have really solid attack. If they sell him, they have to make 2-3 good buys with the money they get.

  8. #138
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Man I really hate Julie Foudy by the way.

  9. #139
    krudmonk
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VEGASKING View Post
    Cesc wants Villa at Arsenal. Get it done.
    I don't get why Spaniards stoop to playing for scummy English sides. Will they not get national team consideration if they keep playing in that crappy La Liga?

  10. #140
    #1 fan VEGASKING's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    2,992
    Liked
    41 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
    I don't get why Spaniards stoop to playing for scummy English sides.


    Ask Fernando Torres.

Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66