Click Here!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Artest to the Lakers

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    I need a maintenance day MetalRose77's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,123
    Liked
    69 times
    Karma
    1315000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

  2. #2
    LGK's Resident Playboy Brandon's Avatar




    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,591
    Liked
    490 times
    Karma
    2579856
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    125 Post(s)

    Default

    If this is true...I'm going to pass out with joy.



    *Fingers crossed.*

  3. #3
    The Black Gretzky C-DUB's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,756
    Liked
    36 times
    Karma
    1080000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    Its pretty much a done deal. WHOOOOOOOOO he may be as crazy as a sh#t house rat, but the dude can straight up ball. Can someone say back to back!

  4. #4
    <3 Tanner <3 TooCool's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    17,018
    Liked
    5939 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1523 Post(s)

    Default

    While I love Ariza and everything he's done for us... getting Artest is a HUGE upgrade over him.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

    While it seems like most of you are allergic to the "like" button, I just want to personally say thanks for looking anyway.

    Rink Dawg

  5. #5
    2nd Scoring Line




    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    335
    Liked
    144 times
    Karma
    2553109
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    While I love Ariza and everything he's done for us... getting Artest is a HUGE upgrade over him.
    Ariza was incredible in the playoffs. If he has anyone to be upset at it is his agent. He claimed he wasn't being respected. The Lakers offered him the same money as Cleveland and Houston and he ended up as a Rocket. Artest will give the Lakers even more defensive intensity but He tends to be a black whole on offense. They need him to move the ball quicker than he did when he was a Rocket. But there will no longer be any question about the toughness of the Lakers.

  6. #6
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarVistaKing View Post
    Ariza was incredible in the playoffs. If he has anyone to be upset at it is his agent. He claimed he wasn't being respected. The Lakers offered him the same money as Cleveland and Houston and he ended up as a Rocket.
    That's not exactly true. From what I read, the Lakers never offered Ariza anything. They just told him to field offers and they would match anything he got. Needless to say that didn't make Ariza or his agent happy and they indicated they probably wouldn't give the Lakers the option to match.

  7. #7
    FlyinKIng
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUcruz View Post
    That's not exactly true. From what I read, the Lakers never offered Ariza anything. They just told him to field offers and they would match anything he got. Needless to say that didn't make Ariza or his agent happy and they indicated they probably wouldn't give the Lakers the option to match.
    Actually, from what I heard, is that they made it very clear to his agent that they would only be able to offer him the mid cap exception (5.5). But his agent took exception to that and started parading him around to other GM's. Will we every know truely, nope. But what we do know is that Bynum has the same agent, and we all remember all the problems we had getting him signed.

  8. #8
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyinKIng View Post
    Actually, from what I heard, is that they made it very clear to his agent that they would only be able to offer him the mid cap exception (5.5). But his agent took exception to that and started parading him around to other GM's. Will we every know truely, nope. But what we do know is that Bynum has the same agent, and we all remember all the problems we had getting him signed.
    Well that is sort of his agent's job.

    Also, I think re-signing Bynum was relatively easy.

  9. #9
    I'm Freida's boss. KingsFanAZ's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    832
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Dear Los Angeles Kings,

    See: Los Angeles Lakers.

    Sincerely,

    KingsFanAZ

  10. #10
    Hoya
    Guest

    Default

    How long until he attacks Jack Nicholson?

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •