Click Here!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Floyd staying at USC now, not going to Arizona

  1. #1
    Hoya
    Guest

    Default Floyd staying at USC now, not going to Arizona

    Reports: Tim Floyd to remain as coach at USC - ESPN

    I'd rather Floyd be USC's coach than Jamie Dixon.

  2. #2
    I come in peace... Wile E.'s Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    884
    Liked
    459 times
    Karma
    10105000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)

    Default

    Whats worse than hiring Tim Floyd? Getting turned down by Tim Floyd. I guess this is a strong dose of reality for us Wildcat fans. I believed that UofA was a top 10 program in the country... and apparently we are not what I thought we were. A working list of coaches Livengood has failed to get to UofA: Pitinio, Calipari, Few, Dixon, Izzo, Capel, Floyd, and who knows how many others.

    Joe Hoya, what are the feeling of USC fans on this... do most agree w/ you that Floyd>Dixon?

  3. #3
    Hoya
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wile E. View Post
    Joe Hoya, what are the feeling of USC fans on this... do most agree w/ you that Floyd>Dixon?
    I'm a UCLA alum, thank you very much.

    I think Dixon is a much better coach and has much less baggage. I believe he actually would make USC a top-flight program to challenge UCLA for Pac-10 supremacy; with Floyd at the helm I'm not all that concerned with USC being any more than a middle of the Pac team.

  4. #4
    I come in peace... Wile E.'s Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    884
    Liked
    459 times
    Karma
    10105000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hoya View Post
    I'm a UCLA alum, thank you very much.
    I think Dixon is a much better coach and has much less baggage. I believe he actually would make USC a top-flight program to challenge UCLA for Pac-10 supremacy; with Floyd at the helm I'm not all that concerned with USC being any more than a middle of the Pac team.
    Ah ha... this explains why you like having Floyd at SC! Are there any USC fans on LGK that care about this, or do they only pay attention during football season?

  5. #5
    I come in peace... Wile E.'s Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    884
    Liked
    459 times
    Karma
    10105000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)

    Default

    Even Hitlor hates AD Livengood!

    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTSP4q14dQc]YouTube - Adolf Hitler talks Arizona Basketball Coaching Search[/ame]

  6. #6
    1st Scoring Line




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,671
    Liked
    61 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wile E. View Post
    Whats worse than hiring Tim Floyd? Getting turned down by Tim Floyd. I guess this is a strong dose of reality for us Wildcat fans. I believed that UofA was a top 10 program in the country... and apparently we are not what I thought we were. A working list of coaches Livengood has failed to get to UofA: Pitinio, Calipari, Few, Dixon, Izzo, Capel, Floyd, and who knows how many others.

    Joe Hoya, what are the feeling of USC fans on this... do most agree w/ you that Floyd>Dixon?
    Sadly, I think you're absolutely right. Arizona basketball is dead in the water right now, and is finding out out what life is like after losing a legendary coach.

    I also agree with Hoya about Jamie Dixon. In fact, I don't think Floyd comes close to being the coach Dixon is, or will be. If he had gone to Arizona, he would have started turning things around in as early as a year or two.

    Thank God we made the Sweet 16 this year, 'cause that's as good as it's gonna get for a LONG time. I never thought I'd say this as an Arizona fan, but can it be football season already?
    Last edited by Atticus; April 6th, 2009 at 04:23 AM.

  7. #7
    Hoya
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Sadly, I think you're absolutely right. Arizona basketball is dead in the water right now, and is finding out out what life is like after losing a legendary coach.
    Reports: Sean Miller rejects Arizona to stay at Xavier - ESPN

    EDIT: LOL. A few hours later...

    Xavier coach Sean Miller finally decides to take job at Arizona - ESPN
    Last edited by Hoya; April 6th, 2009 at 11:56 AM.

  8. #8
    1st Scoring Line




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,671
    Liked
    61 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    Yeah, that's what the Arizona Rivals site was reporting when I posted that too. It's been quite the emotional roller coaster. Pretty happy right now, though.

  9. #9
    I come in peace... Wile E.'s Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    884
    Liked
    459 times
    Karma
    10105000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Yeah, that's what the Arizona Rivals site was reporting when I posted that too. It's been quite the emotional roller coaster. Pretty happy right now, though.
    Great to see another Cats fan on LGK! I love the Miller hire... Livengood pulled this one out of his a$$. I cant believe he went after Floyd before Miller... now Im very happy about the Floyd snub.

  10. #10
    1st Scoring Line




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,671
    Liked
    61 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wile E. View Post
    Great to see another Cats fan on LGK! I love the Miller hire... Livengood pulled this one out of his a$$. I cant believe he went after Floyd before Miller... now Im very happy about the Floyd snub.
    Same here!

    I'm pretty happy with the hire too. Sure, I would have rather had Calipari, but even if he was interested--which I doubt--we had no shot at competing with UK after they let Gillespie go. Pitino, Dixon and Tom Izzo were said to be candidates but I seriously doubted any of those guys would leave their jobs to rebuild another program.

    As far as him going after Floyd first, many think that Jim Livengood was primarily concerned with making the tourney next year above all else, and that he thought Floyd's '09 class at USC would help make that happen. It would have been a terrible long-term move though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83