Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 238
  1. #71
    FlyinKIng
    Guest

    Default

    Bring on Denver. Its gonna be a better series than last year, but were still on that collision course with Lebron.

  2. #72

  3. #73
    <3 Tanner <3 TooCool's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    16,931
    Liked
    5939 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1507 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hoya View Post
    LOL. Yeah, that's it.

    The Lakers get terribly outplayed and you're whining about the refs fixing games. Please.


    They were a 12.5 point favorite, so let's not pretend to be Miss Cleo here.

    I suppose it was the refs making Houston miss all those jumpers. OMG FIXED!

    If you know me, you would know I don't just complain about the NBA fixing games AGAINST the Lakers. A great example would be the travesty that is the 2006 NBA Finals with Dallas and Miami.

    But bottom line, they went to 7 games. Massive ratings. Lakers still won (as they should). Everyone is happy. But I'm not here to argue with you. We're all Laker fans in the end.

    As for the WWE/NBA issue...

    I can't see Vince McMahon giving up the venue so easily without putting up a fight. Monday Night RAW is on the air live every week and is one of the biggest cable ratings draw week after week.

    It does suck for WWE fans in Denver. I can't picture WWE having another show there anytime soon because of what went down with the Nuggets owner.

    I can't help but notice that the Pepsi Center is free on Sunday when I looked at the schedule. The could just have Games 3 and 4 be back to back games. It's not like they've never played back to back before.

    Plus, these are the two same teams playing against each other... so who really has an advantage?
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

    While it seems like most of you are allergic to the "like" button, I just want to personally say thanks for looking anyway.

    Rink Dawg

  4. #74
    Hoya
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TooCool
    I can't help but notice that the Pepsi Center is free on Sunday when I looked at the schedule. The could just have Games 3 and 4 be back to back games. It's not like they've never played back to back before.

    Plus, these are the two same teams playing against each other... so who really has an advantage?
    It has nothing to do with that and everything to do with the NBA wanting a conference finals game on every day for TV, alternating series every night. Plus, the logistics of switching a game day would be hellish for fans.

    These arenas' management know better and are supposed to clear from mid-April to mid-June (or at least know that their events will be rescheduled or moved--STAPLES almost had to move an early June Madonna event to the Forum a couple years back, but the Clippers lost to the Suns in the 2nd round) to make sure this sort of situation doesn't happen.

    Not to mention, the NBA will never tolerate playing second-fiddle to the WWE when it comes to scheduling.

  5. #75
    Available for Parties




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    4,575
    Liked
    28 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    they're spinning it all wrong. they should spin it this way: if kobe and the lakers spend an extra night in colorado it could be YOUR daughter that he decides to rape.

    -_Sf

  6. #76
    Out of Hibernation Watti's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,386
    Liked
    27 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Images
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    I can't see Vince McMahon giving up the venue so easily without putting up a fight. Monday Night RAW is on the air live every week and is one of the biggest cable ratings draw week after week.

    ...


    Plus, these are the two same teams playing against each other... so who really has an advantage?
    A similar situation just happened with the Caps/Penguins series, but the NHL was smart enough to schedule around it, having the teams play on back-to-back nights. The WWE secured the date as far back as last August, why is this coming out less than a week before the date?

    And Vince is probably the last person in the world that would go down without a fight:

    With little time and fewer options to resolve the not-so-amicable situation before Monday night, McMahon has already started to send his production trucks to Denver as scheduled. He says he still plans on having a show, even if that means setting up a ring in the parking lot outside of Pepsi Center.

    "We're going to show up," said McMahon. "Our trucks are rolling."
    Nuggets, WWE wrestling for use of the Pepsi Center on Memorial Day

    This will be interesting.

  7. #77
    FlyinKIng
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Watti View Post
    A similar situation just happened with the Caps/Penguins series, but the NHL was smart enough to schedule around it, having the teams play on back-to-back nights. The WWE secured the date as far back as last August, why is this coming out less than a week before the date?

    And Vince is probably the last person in the world that would go down without a fight:



    Nuggets, WWE wrestling for use of the Pepsi Center on Memorial Day

    This will be interesting.
    Saw that on the news this morning. He seriously thinks he's more important, but then again, when you book something, you don't expect to get booted out.

    Its is going to be interesting!

  8. #78
    Out of Hibernation Watti's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,386
    Liked
    27 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Images
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyinKIng View Post
    Saw that on the news this morning. He seriously thinks he's more important, but then again, when you book something, you don't expect to get booted out.

    Its is going to be interesting!
    I just caught a glimpse of him on Sportscenter offering a Lakers jersey to the Nuggets' owner.





    Vince won't back down, and in my opinion that's his right. You'd be surprised what kind of audience his shows draw on a weekly basis... Not only that, but I'm sure he's absolutely loving the media attention too.
    Last edited by Watti; May 19th, 2009 at 06:58 PM.

  9. #79
    kjsdkjdf !! sarf's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,335
    Liked
    537 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

    Default

    Lakers love playing from behind....

  10. #80
    #1 fan VEGASKING's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    2,993
    Liked
    41 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

    Default

    What a game. Let's hope all 4 games are this exciting.
    Last edited by VEGASKING; May 19th, 2009 at 09:04 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •