Click Here!
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 131

Thread: Lakers offseason thread

  1. #11
    Elegant Diehard's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    9,633
    Liked
    411 times
    Karma
    1574552
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

    Default

    in the latest update, McHale wants younger players and higher draft picks and isn't keen on our offer of Lamar and Bynum

  2. #12
    Hoya
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Die Radio Die
    Fine! Give them Smush Parker.
    Smush is no longer a Laker, but I don't think that was your point anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by LA Times
    The talks turned into discussions about a four-way deal among the Lakers, Minnesota, Indiana and Boston, in which the Lakers would have gotten Garnett. However, the deal broke down, reportedly because the Celtics didn't like what they would have gotten, ending the four-way negotiations.

    The Lakers are now back to direct two-team talks with the Timberwolves. However, sources say, Minnesota General Manager Kevin McHale wants young players and high draft choices and isn't keen on the Lakers offer of Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom.
    Figured. Boston wasn't interested in the 4-way deal and dumping Green, Telfair, Ratliff, and the #5 for J. O'Neal. That would've probably sealed the deal, but now it's not looking good.

    At least it entertained me for a slow workday. Oh well.
    Last edited by Hoya; June 25th, 2007 at 04:05 PM.

  3. #13
    All Star




    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,942
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    if anything does come of this it looks like Kupchak's days are numbered. It never bodes well for a GM when an owner has to get the ball rolling for you.

    I say good riddance to the useless, knee hobbled chia pet.

  4. #14
    Little Big Man 33isgod's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,645
    Liked
    5 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Odom, Brown, Bynum and a 1st for Garnett? That's a little too much for my liking.

    Well considering we do get Garnett, that leaves a major hole in other places. Who will play center? Mihm? Who will play point? Chauncey Billups is available but i don't think that sounds doable since we will be tied up 40 million on Kobe and Garnett alone.

    There are going to be a lot of holes filled by no namers. An when it is said and done, will we be any better than we were the past two seasons?

  5. #15
    Hoya
    Guest

    Default

    Kobe, Garnett, and 3 invisible men would make a better team than we've had in the last three years.

    I'd do that deal in a heartbeat... basketball aside, you get to shut up the fans, the media, and KB24 for at least a year.

    However, at the moment it is looking like a pipe dream. And quit thinking about Billups--the most we can offer him is the MLE and he is getting more than that.

  6. #16
    Tom Emanski Spokesman Frolov24's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    2,100
    Liked
    63 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangePuck View Post
    if anything does come of this it looks like Kupchak's days are numbered. It never bodes well for a GM when an owner has to get the ball rolling for you.

    I say good riddance to the useless, knee hobbled chia pet.
    I think anytime a player of Garnett's magnitude is involved in a potential deal, the owners would play a significant part of the trade discussions. When Shaq wanted out, Buss had a lot to do with starting the process, so it makes sense that Buss and Taylor would be the initiators of a Garnett deal, with Mitch and McHale taking over to deal with the specifics.

    I think a lot will have to do with how much Garnett wants to make this happen. If he really pushes to be dealt to the Lakers, Taylor will probably take that into consideration since he and KG have a pretty good relationship.

  7. #17
    I don't rattle, kid. Kubrick's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    16,004
    Liked
    1218 times
    Karma
    1239154
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    598 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 33isgod View Post
    Odom, Brown, Bynum and a 1st for Garnett? That's a little too much for my liking.

    Well considering we do get Garnett, that leaves a major hole in other places. Who will play center? Mihm? Who will play point? Chauncey Billups is available but i don't think that sounds doable since we will be tied up 40 million on Kobe and Garnett alone.

    There are going to be a lot of holes filled by no namers. An when it is said and done, will we be any better than we were the past two seasons?
    We are stuck with Vlad Rad so pencil him into the starting lineup. Assume that if KG was acquired 3/5ths of the starting line up would be set in stone.

    C: ?
    PF: KG
    SF: Radmanovic
    SG: Bryant
    PG: ?

    Bench:
    Evans
    Cook
    Farmar
    Vujacic

    Not a great team but even with role players splitting time in the Center and PG spots that team would have a better record than 42-40.

  8. #18
    Little Big Man 33isgod's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,645
    Liked
    5 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I'd much rather have a healthy Mihm than Bynum and Brown combined. We can also just assume Farmar will be the starter next season unless a trade is imminent or some other point guard is drafted.

    So what's going to become of Luke Walton? Isn't Turiaf still on for another year? Please play him over Radman.

  9. #19
    All Star




    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,942
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frolov24 View Post
    I think anytime a player of Garnett's magnitude is involved in a potential deal, the owners would play a significant part of the trade discussions. When Shaq wanted out, Buss had a lot to do with starting the process, so it makes sense that Buss and Taylor would be the initiators of a Garnett deal, with Mitch and McHale taking over to deal with the specifics.

    I think a lot will have to do with how much Garnett wants to make this happen. If he really pushes to be dealt to the Lakers, Taylor will probably take that into consideration since he and KG have a pretty good relationship.
    good point....I forgot that is how the Shaq deal went down back in 96

  10. #20
    All Star




    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,942
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 33isgod View Post
    I'd much rather have a healthy Mihm than Bynum and Brown combined. We can also just assume Farmar will be the starter next season unless a trade is imminent or some other point guard is drafted.

    So what's going to become of Luke Walton? Isn't Turiaf still on for another year? Please play him over Radman.
    I'd like to see Walton be used in a capacity similar to what Scottie Pippen did in Chicago. He can't slash like Pippen used too but I feel he can perform the other duties of the point forward just as effectively especially with defenses keying on KB and KG.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28