Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 101 to 107 of 107
  1. #101

  2. #102
    That's all, folks! Wolvie's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    10,759
    Liked
    605 times
    Karma
    1075013
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

    Default

    If Howland takes them, it will reek of desperation.

    UCLA recruited the Wears for awhile, but in the end I'm not convinced they were ever a good fit for us. Unless they've toughened considerably in Chapel Hill, they still won't be.

  3. #103
    Hoya
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolvie View Post
    If Howland takes them, it will reek of desperation.

    UCLA recruited the Wears for awhile, but in the end I'm not convinced they were ever a good fit for us. Unless they've toughened considerably in Chapel Hill, they still won't be.
    I don't see it that way. They aren't going to be world beaters, obviously, but with Morgan and Gordon transferring, we could use the depth. Give them a year to hit the weights and they could be positive contributors in 2011-12.

  4. #104
    That's all, folks! Wolvie's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    10,759
    Liked
    605 times
    Karma
    1075013
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoya View Post
    I don't see it that way. They aren't going to be world beaters, obviously, but with Morgan and Gordon transferring, we could use the depth. Give them a year to hit the weights and they could be positive contributors in 2011-12.
    The rumor I heard was that in the end Howland wasn't so interested in the Wears because it was clear that they wanted to be soft offensively-oriented perimeter guys and not 6'10" Howland-type forwards. So it's not entirely about the size they could potentially bring. I question the 'tude, and now that they're transferring the red flags are redder.

    Things could have changed, of course.

  5. #105
    Hoya
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolvie View Post
    The rumor I heard was that in the end Howland wasn't so interested in the Wears because it was clear that they wanted to be soft offensively-oriented perimeter guys and not 6'10" Howland-type forwards. So it's not entirely about the size they could potentially bring. I question the 'tude, and now that they're transferring the red flags are redder.

    Things could have changed, of course.
    I've heard quite the opposite with regard to Howland's interest. I was under the impression Howland was quite enamored with them and still is. Tracy Pierson at BRO is reporting that it's a done deal.



    Give them another year to practice and lift weights, and I think they'll be solid contributors for three years. They'll also be good guys to have around in practice to play against Josh Smith and Anthony Stover, and they don't have character issues like Morgan and Gordon. It also allows Howland to focus specifically on getting wings for the 2011 and 2012 classes.

    Also, I really don't think the transfer is that much of a red flag. As a born and raised SoCal guy who just moved out to the East Coast a couple years ago, I can totally understand where they're coming from in wanting to move back. I can hardly wait until next spring when I get to do the same.

  6. #106
    That's all, folks! Wolvie's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    10,759
    Liked
    605 times
    Karma
    1075013
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

    Default

    I hope you're right. I was happy when the Wears DIDN'T come to UCLA the first time, but with the trouble we've had finding and keeping talent lately I don't see it as a terrible thing. At worst, they're probably more useful than a few of the schlubs we just shed.

  7. #107

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65