Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 98

Thread: Bust!!!!!

  1. #21
    1st Scoring Line




    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,002
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UberJarhead View Post
    You still have Carson Palmer among a field of fairly successful players who may not be all stars, but they're out there. And time will tell on the 09 class. You just simply can't state that USC is full of NFL busts when it's not true.
    In the last 10 years, yes it is. You wanna compare them to Miami talent? Okay this is how you stack up the NFL with fkn talent(off the top of my head and recent, not going back to 70's and 80's like you did)

    Reggie Wayne
    Andre Johnson
    Santana Moss
    Frank Gore
    Clinton Portis
    Willis Mcgahee
    Edgerin James
    Ray Lewis
    Sean Taylor
    Ed Reed
    Dan Morgan
    Antrell Rolle
    Jeremy Shockey
    Kellen Winslow Jr
    Jonathon Vilma
    DJ Williams


    A few not so great but still usable honorable mentions

    Phillip Buchanon
    Najeh Davenport


    off the top of my head, I'm sure Cane fans can add to this list. USC doesn't even compare to that list.

  2. #22
    1st Scoring Line




    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,002
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UberJarhead View Post
    Don't get ugly and personal about it. Can YOU read? I said I was having an issue posting, so simmer down.

    How backwards do you have to be? Your team can barely put out a starter in the NFL and you're bragging because Bush and Lienart aren't the hottest players in the league?
    Like I said, compare them to other top Football schools not to a basketball school. I brought up UCLA cause MJD is probably a better player than any offensive USC player in the nfl currently, not cause I give a damn about UCLA.

  3. #23
    Not the same me P.I.T.A.'s Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,672
    Liked
    24 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Images
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingsFan4Ever View Post
    In the last 10 years, yes it is. You wanna compare them to Miami talent? Okay this is how you stack up the NFL with fkn talent(off the top of my head and recent, not going back to 70's and 80's like you did)

    Reggie Wayne
    Andre Johnson
    Santana Moss
    Frank Gore
    Clinton Portis
    Willis Mcgahee
    Edgerin James
    Ray Lewis
    Sean Taylor
    Ed Reed
    Dan Morgan
    Antrell Rolle
    Jeremy Shockey
    Kellen Winslow Jr
    Jonathon Vilma
    DJ Williams


    A few not so great but still usable honorable mentions

    Phillip Buchanon
    Najeh Davenport


    off the top of my head, I'm sure Cane fans can add to this list. USC doesn't even compare to that list.
    So, are you a Miami fan? Is that what I'm missing? Because that's the only way I can understand why you should give a ****. Honestly. I never said they had the most or the best in the league. But if you're only going to name me a handful of schools that have better, then I'm pretty okay with that. If you haven't noticed, I don't usually base my favorite teams on success.

    Edit: Compare them to whatever effing team you want man. I really don't give half the **** about this that you do.
    “Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.”
    Stephen King

  4. #24
    1st Scoring Line




    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,002
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UberJarhead View Post
    So, are you a Miami fan? Is that what I'm missing? Because that's the only way I can understand why you should give a ****. Honestly. I never said they had the most or the best in the league. But if you're only going to name me a handful of schools that have better, then I'm pretty okay with that. If you haven't noticed, I don't usually base my favorite teams on success.
    USC has an usual high BUST rate compared to other schools. Specially when it comes to the offensive players. That's what I'm saying and all these USC nuthuggers can deal with it. No I'm not a Canes fan, I just hate when USC fans think they produce the best NFL talent when they aren't even top 5.

  5. #25
    Not the same me P.I.T.A.'s Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,672
    Liked
    24 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Images
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingsFan4Ever View Post
    USC has an usual high BUST rate compared to other schools. Specially when it comes to the offensive players. That's what I'm saying and all these USC nuthuggers can deal with it. No I'm not a Canes fan, I just hate when USC fans think they produce the best NFL talent when they aren't even top 5.
    You may note that this thread was started by an apparently bitter Bruins fan, not a USC fan. Call USC fans what you want, but generally, this type of venom is started and spewed by haters. Pure and simple.

    May I ask... what is your college team?
    “Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.”
    Stephen King

  6. #26
    1st Scoring Line




    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,002
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UberJarhead View Post
    You may note that this thread was started by an apparently bitter Bruins fan, not a USC fan. Call USC fans what you want, but generally, this type of venom is started and spewed by haters. Pure and simple.

    May I ask... what is your college team?
    Since my college didn't have a football team I'd say none. I don't like associating myself with a team when I didn't attend the school. I love watching college football and fake USC fans that don't no much more then "go trojans" piss me off. So yeah I rather have UCLA succeed. I know a few real USC fans who are more realistic and went to that school. My least favorite USC fans are the ones that claim LA needs no NFL team because USC is LA's team, UGHH NO.

  7. #27
    Not the same me P.I.T.A.'s Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,672
    Liked
    24 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Images
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingsFan4Ever View Post
    Since my college didn't have a football team I'd say none. I don't like associating myself with a team when I didn't attend the school. I love watching college football and fake USC fans that don't no much more then "go trojans" piss me off. So yeah I rather have UCLA succeed. I know a few real USC fans who are more realistic and went to that school. My least favorite USC fans are the ones that claim LA needs no NFL team because USC is LA's team, UGHH NO.
    I don't understand why it's only ever been UCLA fans or people who "would rather see UCLA succeed" say that you have to have, or at least should have gone to the college to cheer for them. I really don't. And what does it matter who people cheer for, honestly? Or how many all star players or even starting players a college has sent to the NFL? Is this purely because they can't attack the on field product?

    Like the Sooners fan... LMMFAO... when you get a coach who doesn't choke in the big game let me know. Holy **** how many bowl games can you guys blow? OU Bowl History - Oklahoma Sooners Football Who didn't know they were going to run to the left?
    “Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.”
    Stephen King

  8. #28
    1st Scoring Line




    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,002
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    USC on field producut? Easy, chokefest101. Stanford, Oregon St, etc etc, every year guaranteed. Followed by beating up a much less talented BIG 10 team in Rose Bowl. For USC sake college needs playoffs.

  9. #29
    Not the same me P.I.T.A.'s Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,672
    Liked
    24 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Images
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingsFan4Ever View Post
    USC on field producut? Easy, chokefest101. Stanford, Oregon St, etc etc, every year guaranteed. Followed by beating up a much less talented BIG 10 team in Rose Bowl. For USC sake college needs playoffs.
    I promise you that I was more critical of that team than anyone who isn't a fan. I honestly didn't think they deserved a bowl when they lost to Stanford, I knew they didn't deserve a shot at the Championship when they lost to Oregon State, and I don't consider the year LSU won the National Championship as a shared one. However, isn't almost every game won by the more talented team? Was Penn State really that much less talented? Michigan the year the Trojans beat them in the Rose Bowl? I'll give you Illinois, but remember, that year Illinois was winning games they really had no business winning.

    USC 31-15 in bowl games.
    Miami 15-11
    Ohio State 18-22
    Oklahoma 24-17-1
    Michigan 19-20
    Nebraska 23-22
    Tennessee 25-22
    Penn State 23-12-2
    Texas 25-21-2
    Florida 17-19
    Michigan State 19-20

    Those are the teams who are close to USC in putting players in the NFL. For the rest of the Pac-10

    UCLA 13-15-1
    Arizona 6-7-1
    Arizona State 10-8-1
    Washington 14-14-1
    Washington State 6-4
    Stanford 9-10-1
    Oregon 9-13
    Oregon State 8-4
    Cal 9-8-1
    “Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.”
    Stephen King

  10. #30
    Hoya
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingsFan4Ever View Post
    Compare them to UCLA yeah, that's how you make them sound good. Compare them to Miami, Ohio State, Florida State, etc etc. Why would you even compare them to a basketball school?
    I didn't; you did. See below.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingsFan4Ever View Post
    UCLA isn't a football school and still somehow puts about the same amount of successful pro's on football field.
    I'm also pretty sure Miami would trade their on-field success in the last decade for USC's, and that matters a whole lot more. This is the same tired argument Arizona hoops fans were making when UCLA started kicking their ass again in the last five years.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingsFan4Ever View Post
    USC has an usual [sic] high BUST rate compared to other schools. Specially when it comes to the offensive players. That's what I'm saying and all these USC nuthuggers can deal with it. No I'm not a Canes fan, I just hate when USC fans think they produce the best NFL talent when they aren't even top 5.
    I find this "unusually high bust rate" hard to believe.

    And name five programs better.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingsFan4Ever View Post
    USC on field producut? Easy, chokefest101. Stanford, Oregon St, etc etc, every year guaranteed. Followed by beating up a much less talented BIG 10 team in Rose Bowl. For USC sake college needs playoffs.
    Even the most talented teams in college football don't go undefeated all the time. It's hard to make it through an entire season unblemished. How many programs have multiple undefeated seasons recently, besides Utah?

    I can't believe I'm defending USC right now.
    Last edited by Hoya; August 4th, 2009 at 01:55 PM.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66