Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 98

Thread: Bust!!!!!

  1. #41
    Winning is habitual. Len-Det64's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,981
    Liked
    85 times
    Karma
    1160000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

    Default

    Here are some other perspective/references.

    Pipeline to the NFL? Big states, schools are key - USATODAY.com

    NFL draft history: Where the talent comes from - USATODAY.com

    This guy seems to think that USC leads with the best talent in NFL history

    Pro-football-reference.com blog Which colleges produce the most NFL talent?

    Most draft picks in NFL History

    DraftHistory.com

    It's a little too early to be calling Leinart a bust after only three years and playing the last two behind a much better Warner.
    Last edited by Len-Det64; August 5th, 2009 at 01:29 PM.


    Vote For LGK's Team Sexy
    Click Here

    "If you can accept losing, you can't win."
    Vince Lombardi

  2. #42
    1st Scoring Line




    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,002
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TONGA View Post
    She says from behind a keyboard having never been hit.

    lol
    Yeah like you've never talked crap about Kings players. I guess in your opinion nobody is allowed to criticize any pro athletes unless they are also pro athletes, right. MJD>BUSH.

  3. #43
    1st Scoring Line




    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,002
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Len-Det64 View Post
    Here are some other perspective/references.

    Pipeline to the NFL? Big states, schools are key - USATODAY.com

    NFL draft history: Where the talent comes from - USATODAY.com

    This guy seems to think that USC leads with the best talent in NFL history

    Pro-football-reference.com blog Which colleges produce the most NFL talent?

    Most draft picks in NFL History

    DraftHistory.com

    It's a little too early to be calling Leinart a bust after only three years and playing the last two behind a much better Warner.
    Leinart isn't just hated because of what he's done on the field. He has had plenty of chances to take over the position as starting QB and just couldn't step up. Kurt Warner was also with the Giants and Eli stole that job like a young QB should. Matt Leinart has gotten more attention for partying with Nick Lachey than football. They show him at the Suns game on the big screen and he gets booed. Petros Papadakys (sp?) even always said that Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart were *******s. Truth is those are the two USC players I really can't stand in the NFL. I wish Mark Sanchez kicks ass in the nfl along with Rivers, Cushing, Mauluga(sp?), Steve Smith, and anyone else that played for USC, UCLA, or any PAC 10 team. Being a west coast guy I want the pac 10 to get stronger and stronger, only way that happens is if PAC 10 guys succeed in nfl and they can lure better players so the pac 10 isn't just the USC show. That would obviously help out USC as well if they lose to one pac 10 team like they usually do they'd still have a legit shot at the national title if the rest of the conference was strong. One guy I wanna see really bad in the NFL is Taylor Mays, he looks like he has Palomalu potential.

  4. #44
    TONGA
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingsFan4Ever View Post
    Yeah like you've never talked crap about Kings players. I guess in your opinion nobody is allowed to criticize any pro athletes unless they are also pro athletes, right. MJD>BUSH.
    I meant at any level. You probably stopped showing up for summer practice as a ten year old cuz they wouldn't let you wear the cute skirts the cheerleaders were wearing.

  5. #45
    1st Scoring Line




    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,002
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TONGA View Post
    I meant at any level. You probably stopped showing up for summer practice as a ten year old cuz they wouldn't let you wear the cute skirts the cheerleaders were wearing.
    We still play in a league actually if you wanna join just shoot me a PM. Not flag football, tackle, just show up buddy.

  6. #46
    #1 fan VEGASKING's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    2,993
    Liked
    41 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingsFan4Ever View Post
    Leinart isn't just hated because of what he's done on the field. He has had plenty of chances to take over the position as starting QB and just couldn't step up.
    He took over 5 weeks into his rookie year and started until week 17 when he was out due to injury. Started the first 5 games the next season before missing the rest of the year. Warner beat him out last year and look at the huge numbers he put up. Nothing to be ashamed about. Is Leinart going to be a starter for years to come? Who knows. Too early to label him a bust though.


    Reggie Bush scored 9 TD's his rookie year and 9 last year in only 10 games. That tied with or was ahead of some pretty big names who got two and in Clinton Portis's case three times as many touches. He wasn't an every down player in college and anyone who expected him to carry the ball 25 times a week in the nfl got carried away in the hype.

  7. #47
    1st Scoring Line




    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,002
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VEGASKING View Post
    He took over 5 weeks into his rookie year and started until week 17 when he was out due to injury. Started the first 5 games the next season before missing the rest of the year. Warner beat him out last year and look at the huge numbers he put up. Nothing to be ashamed about. Is Leinart going to be a starter for years to come? Who knows. Too early to label him a bust though.


    Reggie Bush scored 9 TD's his rookie year and 9 last year in only 10 games. That tied with or was ahead of some pretty big names who got two and in Clinton Portis's case three times as many touches. He wasn't an every down player in college and anyone who expected him to carry the ball 25 times a week in the nfl got carried away in the hype.
    Reggie Bush is a great special teamer and a 3rd round back. I totally agree the hype got him drafted at #2. My whole point of being a #2 and "3rd round back/special teamer" isn't exactly an ideal draft position for one. Btw go check how many of those 9 td's are on special teams. I rather have a horse like Portis who can punish that defense and tire them out.(obvious statement, I know)

    Edit: Reggie Bush 2 rushing td's, 4 receiving, 3 special teams with a whole 3.8 YPC, yey.

    Matt Leinart Stats

    Matt Leinart

    I never thought he had the arm for the NFL. Lets compare him to Jamarcus Russell who was a #1 pick and considered much more of a project while Leinart was considered a much more "NFL ready" Qb. Lets also not forget who Russell's WR's are compared to the 2 pro bowlers and arguably best wr in the game in fitz at Arizona.

    JaMarcus Russell
    Last edited by KingsFan4Ever; August 5th, 2009 at 04:48 PM.

  8. #48
    All Star




    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,836
    Liked
    1022 times
    Karma
    2185798
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    532 Post(s)

    Default

    Pete Caroll must be the best coach ever if all of his players suck. I wonder how he wins every year and his players suck? How do they win? They play teams like Ohio State, Penn State and Oklahoma and they win with terrible players. How does this happen? He should be paid 15 million a year. I understand that Leinert is only playing behind a Superbowl Champion and MVP.

    I still can't get over the fact that SC has the worst players and win at least 10-12 games a year and won two National Championships in the last six years. How does that happen? If you find out please let me know.

    Thanks,

    Ice

  9. #49
    1st Scoring Line




    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,002
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ice24 View Post
    Pete Caroll must be the best coach ever if all of his players suck. I wonder how he wins every year and his players suck? How do they win? They play teams like Ohio State, Penn State and Oklahoma and they win with terrible players. How does this happen? He should be paid 15 million a year. I understand that Leinert is only playing behind a Superbowl Champion and MVP.

    I still can't get over the fact that SC has the worst players and win at least 10-12 games a year and won two National Championships in the last six years. How does that happen? If you find out please let me know.

    Thanks,

    Ice
    You obviously are a lot smarter than your post. You obviously know how different the NFL is but make a dumb post anyway. Florida Gators won 2 of the last 3 national titles yet BLOW at sending pro's to the NFL on the offensive side of the football. The coach and system obviously matters, just look at teams like Texas Tech. Please don't throw out dumb arguments. Reason why guys like Graham Harrell can break all sorts of records in college and never touch a regular season NFL roster. (guy signed with a cfl team I believe after getting dumped by the browns) Nobody ever said USC doesn't have college talent, go read a few posts prior to this what I said.

  10. #50
    All Star




    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,836
    Liked
    1022 times
    Karma
    2185798
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    532 Post(s)

    Default

    Kings,

    Just enjoy the ride that USC has put together. They have had a great run for a while and will continue. They may slip a little this year with a new QB, coaches and tough road schedule but you know they will be right back in a year.

    I personally do not care if any of the USC players do well in the pros, look at Matt Cassel hardly ever played and is making a few dollars now. When USC does lose is send shockwaves across the nation. That is when you have a great team. No team has sustained the winning tradition like SC has in the past seven years. Florida is good but come out west once in a while. Playing Florida International is fun but mix in a Utah or somebody. SC plays Auburn on the road, Arkansas on the road, Virginia on the road and have not lost non-coference game in how many years.

    Just enjoy the ride

    Thanks,

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65