Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39
  1. #21
    Da Great One borinka99's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    6,839
    Liked
    87 times
    Karma
    20168015
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darby View Post
    so I can't speak intelligently about them.
    When has that ever stopped anyone on LGK?

  2. #22
    The Blue Elixir of Life Blueline's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,826
    Liked
    440 times
    Karma
    600000000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darby View Post
    Marino at the same age in this Pats offense would DESTROY other teams in a way like none of us could possibly imagine.
    I'd have to agree. Marino is still the best QB ever IMO, he never got the ring, but he never had that much of a team around him either. Dolphins had no running game at all, which meant everyone knew he was gonna throw...and yet he still put up those numbers.

  3. #23
    Word up G jdkings24's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,176
    Liked
    109 times
    Karma
    1065174
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

    Default

    Joe Montana

  4. #24
    2nd Scoring Line GALLY's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    698
    Liked
    15 times
    Karma
    1010000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TONGA View Post
    I'm pretty sure each of those guys were teamed with a great coach that had a system that worked just as well as Belicheat's does. That being said with 4 Super Bowl appearances in 7 years (and 3 wins so far) and an 18-0 record (also so far) he's the leader on a team that has already won more in a single season than anyone in history.

    I'm not a Patriots mark I generally hate Boston/New England teams cuz the fans... I just have to call this one like I see it.
    Yes they were all on decent teams but my point was that you can make an argument for any of those guys being the best QB depending on how you want to look at it.

    I also think that the system in place for NE and the team around Brady is probably better than the teams of some of those other guys like Marino or Elway. Put those guys in place of Brady and the results would be the same......

  5. #25
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I don't like saying it but Brady is the best QB of my lifetime. I'm only 22 so there's not much to work off of but you guys seem to be forgetting that Brady's supporting casts before this season wern't very good either.

    Before this season his best WR was either Troy Brown or Deion Branch. Both solid players but certainly not hall of fame worthy, neither guy was/is a pereniall pro bowler either.

    He only had a solid RB for one of his SB wins(Corey Dillion) the other 2 features the likes of Antoine Smith.

  6. #26
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blueline View Post
    I'd have to agree. Marino is still the best QB ever IMO, he never got the ring, but he never had that much of a team around him either. Dolphins had no running game at all, which meant everyone knew he was gonna throw...and yet he still put up those numbers.
    The Patriots haven't had great running games either. The bolded part above could be written about this year's Patriots even. Everyone knows their going to pass and still no one can stop them. And yet Brady still put up those numbers.

  7. #27
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GALLY View Post
    I also think that the system in place for NE and the team around Brady is probably better than the teams of some of those other guys like Marino or Elway. Put those guys in place of Brady and the results would be the same......
    Not sure that is a fair comparison.

    Brady has been able to win 2 Super Bowls with a very average running game. Marino only went to one super bowl.

    Elway didn't win a super bowl until he had Terrell Davis.

    Brady has already accomplished more than these guys with not as good a supporting cast as some people are thinking.

  8. #28
    2nd Scoring Line GALLY's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    698
    Liked
    15 times
    Karma
    1010000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUcruz View Post
    Not sure that is a fair comparison.

    Brady has been able to win 2 Super Bowls with a very average running game. Marino only went to one super bowl.

    Elway didn't win a super bowl until he had Terrell Davis.

    Brady has already accomplished more than these guys with not as good a supporting cast as some people are thinking.
    I think there are more factors than just Brady that make the Patriots a great team. The only point that I am trying to make is that if Marino, Elway, Montana, etc had this surrounding cast without being touched due to outstanding line play I still see the Patriots as being undefeated.

    I also don't buy that the Patriots have no running game. They have talent and could run they just choose not to. Nobody has stopped them and last week in the second half against the Chargers they ran decently to keep the clock going and shorten the game. Belicheck obviously gameplans to their strength but that is not to say they can't run the ball............or have no running game.....

  9. #29
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GALLY View Post

    I also don't buy that the Patriots have no running game. They have talent and could run they just choose not to. Nobody has stopped them and last week in the second half against the Chargers they ran decently to keep the clock going and shorten the game. Belicheck obviously gameplans to their strength but that is not to say they can't run the ball............or have no running game.....
    For a large part of the season the Patriots had Sammy Morris as their RB. You really think he's a capable RB?

    NFL teams knew the Patriots were going to throw and Brady still broke the TD record.

    Marino had 1000 yard rushers on his teams too btw, its not as if he had god awful RBs his entire career.

  10. #30
    2nd Scoring Line GALLY's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    698
    Liked
    15 times
    Karma
    1010000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUcruz View Post
    For a large part of the season the Patriots had Sammy Morris as their RB. You really think he's a capable RB?

    NFL teams knew the Patriots were going to throw and Brady still broke the TD record.

    Marino had 1000 yard rushers on his teams too btw, its not as if he had god awful RBs his entire career.
    With that O-Line and weapons on the outside and passing game, Morris was serviceable. Not a stud but serviceable.

    Do you think Marino, Montana or Elway would have led this Patriot team to the same point as Brady?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •