Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 67

Thread: JoPa fired!

  1. #1
    Team LGK KRC1221's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,151
    Liked
    2435 times
    Karma
    1466243484
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    250 Post(s)

    Default JoPa fired!

    Penn State football coach Joe Paterno was fired along with president Graham Spanier - College Football News | FOX Sports on MSN

    I get who he is and what he did for football blah blah blah.

    But good riddance. You cover up sexual abuse of a child and you should rot in hell.
    Frozen Fury, the only reason you can't wait for summer to end!

  2. #2
    Thanks for the memories Unruely35's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,170
    Liked
    90 times
    Karma
    1015000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Default

    good.

  3. #3
    Win it again..for Tanner! nosoupforyou's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,845
    Liked
    898 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    267 Post(s)

    Default

    jail is what i would want to see.
    Be the Match! www.bethematch.org

    2011 - 2012, we believed, they delivered!
    2012 - 2013, be the best 7th man in the league! and do it again for Tanner!
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=100755849966783

  4. #4
    All Star




    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,846
    Liked
    1024 times
    Karma
    2185798
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    533 Post(s)

    Default

    I want to know more of the facts. I do understand that he did tell the athletic director about what the graduate assistant said to him. We do not know exactly what this graduate assistant said or explained to Paterno.

  5. #5
    Classic player VCRW's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,936
    Liked
    6781 times
    Karma
    1056187955
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1567 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ice24 View Post
    I want to know more of the facts. I do understand that he did tell the athletic director about what the graduate assistant said to him. We do not know exactly what this graduate assistant said or explained to Paterno.
    JoePa was told one of his coaches was a pedophile who, at the very least, showered naked with a child. He should have told the police. Screw the athletic director. Moral responsibility supersedes chain of command. He and the president got what they deserved for putting winning before doing the right thing, especially when children are involved.

  6. #6
    Bar room hero Kings Provisional's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    8,082
    Liked
    9493 times
    Karma
    2801356
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    272 Post(s)

    Default

    Even without knowing the facts I am glad he was fired. I don't know exactly what he did or did not do but what is clear is that he knew something happened and he never called the police. And from what I understand he tolerated Jerry Sandusky's presence at Penn State up until a week ago. Those two things are inexcusable.

  7. #7
    Hit it like a baby seal SmytheKing's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    10,040
    Liked
    1139 times
    Karma
    1080000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    208 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ice24 View Post
    I want to know more of the facts. I do understand that he did tell the athletic director about what the graduate assistant said to him. We do not know exactly what this graduate assistant said or explained to Paterno.
    He testified in front of a grand jury a year ago. He let Sandusky have access to the facilities a week ago.

  8. #8
    All Star




    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,846
    Liked
    1024 times
    Karma
    2185798
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    533 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VCRW View Post
    JoePa was told one of his coaches was a pedophile who, at the very least, showered naked with a child. He should have told the police. Screw the athletic director. Moral responsibility supersedes chain of command. He and the president got what they deserved for putting winning before doing the right thing, especially when children are involved.
    You must know all the facts, I have not heard all of the facts just what ESPN was reporting and that it was not clear what this assistant said to Paterno. Sandusky who was not a coach at Penn State at the time of the incident will get whats coming to him. It is terrible what happened to these kids, however, I will wait until we know exactly what this coach said to Paterno before finding him guilty of knowing what happened.

  9. #9
    All Star




    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,846
    Liked
    1024 times
    Karma
    2185798
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    533 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmytheKing View Post
    He testified in front of a grand jury a year ago. He let Sandusky have access to the facilities a week ago.
    What did he say, I heard different reports. Some reports said that Sandusky was horsing around with the kid. Did Paterno let Sandusky into the facilities?

  10. #10
    Classic player VCRW's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,936
    Liked
    6781 times
    Karma
    1056187955
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1567 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ice24 View Post
    You must know all the facts, I have not heard all of the facts just what ESPN was reporting and that it was not clear what this assistant said to Paterno. Sandusky who was not a coach at Penn State at the time of the incident will get whats coming to him. It is terrible what happened to these kids, however, I will wait until we know exactly what this coach said to Paterno before finding him guilty of knowing what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice24 View Post
    What did he say, I heard different reports. Some reports said that Sandusky was horsing around with the kid. Did Paterno let Sandusky into the facilities?
    Do you really think a coach of legendary status and the president of one of the most prestigious universities in the country would each be summarily fired based solely on rumor and innuendo? Trust me. This is going to look worse as more of the coverup is revealed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •