Click Here!
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 96

Thread: What else is new... Raiders in disarray

  1. #51
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Die Radio Die View Post
    Source: After trade to Raiders, Hall to get seven-year, $70 million deal

    ESPN - Source: After trade to Raiders, Hall to get seven-year, $70 million deal - NFL
    Waiting to see what the guaranteed money is. With NFL contracts the guaranteed number is always the one to pay attention to. Very rarely do NFL players get the full amount of what they sign for. That's what happens when you get crushed during labor disputes.

  2. #52
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangePuck View Post
    for the life of me I'll never understand Al Davis' hard on for cornerbacks.
    Every Raider super bowl team has had nasty CBs on the squad. Willie Brown, Skip Thomas, Mike Haynes, Lester Hayes. Obviously Al Davis is trying to recapture the old magic.

    If the Raiders draft a Glenn Dorsey or Sedrick Ellis they have the makings of a real nasty defense. With Hall and Asomugha on the outside Ryan can play the man to man defense he loves to play and stack the box with 8 guys and hopefully they can stop the run a bit last year.

    Really interested to see what they do with the first pick. I have a feeling they might trade down, Davis loves the draft. It's hard for me to see them only having 1 day one draft pick.

  3. #53
    Elegant Diehard's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    9,472
    Liked
    992 times
    Karma
    1195000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

    Default

    Now that we locked up Hall we're actively shopping Fabian Washington.

  4. #54
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiehardKingsFan View Post
    Now that we locked up Hall we're actively shopping Fabian Washington.
    No surprise, Routt is a decent enough nickel corner and we still have Carr's rights. Too bad Fabian doesn't have much value.

  5. #55
    kjsdkjdf !! sarf's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,331
    Liked
    2338 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Default

    I'd love to trade down, but Al seems to be in a win now mode, and I think he'll go for the best player rather then trade down and acquire picks. The main guy i'm still targeting is still C Long, and somebody who has gotten some buzz on draft boards for the Raiders, LT Ryan Clady, more of a fit for the system then J Long.

    BUT, since I think Al is in a win now mentality, he'll probably go for D-Mac, which is not a bad pick, but it doesn't fill one of the gaping holes on the lines.

  6. #56
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarf View Post
    I'd love to trade down, but Al seems to be in a win now mode, and I think he'll go for the best player rather then trade down and acquire picks. The main guy i'm still targeting is still C Long, and somebody who has gotten some buzz on draft boards for the Raiders, LT Ryan Clady, more of a fit for the system then J Long.

    BUT, since I think Al is in a win now mentality, he'll probably go for D-Mac, which is not a bad pick, but it doesn't fill one of the gaping holes on the lines.
    I love Chris Long, but barring a tradedown I see Miami taking him. Fits the 3-4 defense to a T and in passing downs they can move him inside for the pass rush. A lot like his dad really.

    Anyways, I've heard Clady as a name too, he played in the zone blocking system in college and by all accounts as a pretty good mean streak. I feel like Jake Long is the better player and would be smart enough to adapt to our system, but either way, an OT wouldn't hurt as I don't feel particularly comfortable with Kwame Harris protecting Russell's blindside.

    Regardless, I still think Davis will trade down. I think we are in the win now mode, and perhaps Davis thinks that we can get 2 NFL ready players with 2 first rounders rather than 1. We'll see what happens, if we draft McFadden even though he isn't a need, I won't be upset.

  7. #57
    kjsdkjdf !! sarf's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,331
    Liked
    2338 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Default

    Yea, I forgot to mention that i'm praying Chris Long falls to us. But i've recently read reports that Gholston had a great workout in Miami, and his stock might still be rising. Also, Jake Long is still a huge possiblity in Miami. If Chris gets past the Dolphins I think we have a good chance with him, but thats me just hoping.

  8. #58
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarf View Post
    Yea, I forgot to mention that i'm praying Chris Long falls to us. But i've recently read reports that Gholston had a great workout in Miami, and his stock might still be rising. Also, Jake Long is still a huge possiblity in Miami. If Chris gets past the Dolphins I think we have a good chance with him, but thats me just hoping.
    If Miami doesn't take Long I think we'll grab him. I think the Rams are focusing in on either Jake Long or Gholston. They took a Chris Long type player last year in Adam Carriker, I think they'ld go another direction this year.

    Matt Ryan seems to make the most sense for Atlanta barring a trade down. So basically if you want Chris Long just hope Miami takes somebody else.

  9. #59
    kjsdkjdf !! sarf's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,331
    Liked
    2338 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Default

    Forgot to mention this, but another depth signing for the Raiders. We signed DE Kalima Edwards, should help a bit in pass rush situations.

  10. #60
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarf View Post
    Forgot to mention this, but another depth signing for the Raiders. We signed DE Kalima Edwards, should help a bit in pass rush situations.
    Yea, I remember seeing that a few days ago. Basically Cleamons' replacement.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84