Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1
    Bring on Vancouver! USCKingsFan31's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,646
    Liked
    1371 times
    Karma
    1671490
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    467 Post(s)

    Default Anyone Else Love the Races?

    I've been getting really into horse racing lately. It's a blast... high energy, high stakes, etc etc. Still learning all of the intricacies of betting (well, I know them all, still learning means I'm afraid to try them). Dragging the GF out there tonight (she's never been), have been going with my bro and best bud a lot this summer. Any other race fans here at LGK?

  2. #2
    Now Available In HD Italian Seafood's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    886
    Liked
    12 times
    Karma
    1125000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    A bunch of us went to Golden Gate Fields last week as part of my friend's bachelor party, had the second race named after him. Three horses scratched, so there were seven of us betting on a four horse race. Nobody won a ****ing dime.

  3. #3
    Go Tanner Go! roenick's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,157
    Liked
    1187 times
    Karma
    172532594
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    105 Post(s)

    Default

    Loves me some horse racing! The track, the betting, watching such beautiful horses run! I like all things about the track. My grandfather had a system to pick the winners, which he used to great success. He taught me how to use it but I have a hard time getting the order of the winners so it was never much help to me. I could pick the top four finishers but never in the right order!

    Haven't been to the track in a while but may have to find one up here in Washington. Santa Anita is one of the nicest tracks in the country. Go, spend the extra dough for the clubhouse, have a nice lunch. It is all worth it.

  4. #4
    1st Scoring Line




    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,434
    Liked
    11 times
    Karma
    1050000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Default

    Behind golf, it's a hockey players next vice! Love it. My dad used to pick us up from school and head out to Hollywood Park for the 9th. Had a friend who was a trainer - he used to get some pretty good tips. I love Santa Anita and Del Mar too.

  5. #5
    MVP SuxBeingU's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    11,754
    Liked
    147 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Default

    the smells, the sights, the shady people, I LOVE THE PONIES.

  6. #6
    3rd Line Role Player




    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    49
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I had Curlin to win the pick 4 in the Belmont Stakes. The filly "Rags to Riches" cost me almost a thousand dollars on my $1 investment. Still trying to figure out why I love horse racing. Del Mar and Santa Anita are awesome.

  7. #7
    devenir gris gescom's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    33,435
    Liked
    1884 times
    Karma
    1252516
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    579 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Italian Seafood View Post
    A bunch of us went to Golden Gate Fields last week as part of my friend's bachelor party, had the second race named after him. Three horses scratched, so there were seven of us betting on a four horse race. Nobody won a ****ing dime.

    somebody remind me never to go to the track with this guy!
    GESCOM: it's never too early to start beefing up your obituary!

  8. #8
    Team LGK Cross Traffic's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,916
    Liked
    274 times
    Karma
    1257300
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)

    Default

    Loved taking the train to Del Mar and spending the afternoon there. Nice weather, hot ladies and good racing.

  9. #9
    Bring on Vancouver! USCKingsFan31's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,646
    Liked
    1371 times
    Karma
    1671490
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    467 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roenick View Post
    Loves me some horse racing! The track, the betting, watching such beautiful horses run! I like all things about the track. My grandfather had a system to pick the winners, which he used to great success. He taught me how to use it but I have a hard time getting the order of the winners so it was never much help to me. I could pick the top four finishers but never in the right order!

    Haven't been to the track in a while but may have to find one up here in Washington. Santa Anita is one of the nicest tracks in the country. Go, spend the extra dough for the clubhouse, have a nice lunch. It is all worth it.
    Top 4 finishers huh??

    You should bet a 10 cent superfecta box with 5 or 6 horses. For $36 you can cover any combination for 6 horses, and if 4 of the 6 come in, your superfecta pays! Not badly either; hundreds of bucks.

  10. #10
    Life is a highway ImA1032's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,704
    Liked
    4 times
    Karma
    1010000
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuxBeingU View Post
    the smells, the sights, the shady people, I LOVE THE PONIES.
    SBU... you need to stop hanging around the winos at Hollywood Park!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28