I for one am not a Kyle Busch fan
I personally find it funny that he is doing so well in a car that hasnt done very well in the past few years..
But what is not to like about the guy..
He is driving everything and winning in everything..
They turn to the left, nothing else really matters.
I think most of your questions have been answered except for the Kyle Busch one. He is just a really cocky guy that is on a roll right now. He had something to prove this year to Hendrick Motorsport. They dropped him to make room to Sign Jr after he left Dale Ernheart Enterprises due to Jr. step mom being a big C.
Oh, and TONGA secretly closes the blinds every Sunday and watches the race. He likes to hear them go wroom wroom and go round & round.
Simplified, a car engine is basically a glorified air pump. The more air you can take in and the faster you can expel it out, the more power you will make.
EDIT: Here's a great illustration...
I like to watch for the big crash, it's live sports and thats what makes it hard to turn away
As an OLD SCHOOL Nascar fan, I'm not a real big fan of where the sport is at now. I grew up going to Riverside as a kid and just can't get into things with the new rules and the COT. I was at the inagural California 500 in 1997 (Jeff Gordon got all pissed off at me and stormed off) and haven't been back to a race until earlier this year at Fontucky when it was rained out. Glad to see the sport get more respect and millions of new fans though...
Any NASCAR fans in here?
Recently Ive been watching a lot of NASCAR. My son likes watching the cars on TV and now Im finding myself getting sucked into the sport and looking forward to race day as well.
I have a couple questions for anyone who is informed in the ways of NASCAR. Answer the ones you want:
1. Whats the difference between the Sprint Cup Series and Nationwide Series? It looks like two different 'leagues' but a lot of the same drivers are in both.
they are two different "leagues" while the Natiowide was originally more of a development series for future Cup driver the meny has gooten good adn the Cup driver can use it for practice. I really wish they would limit the Cup driver to say 10 races a year nut its all about money now so they won't
2. They mention drivers being on the same team. The cars look pretty individual out there - are they marked? Whats the advantage of teammates? Do they let you pass them? Block for you? The broadcast said #8 (Army car) just joined the team with Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson, and that should really help him out. How?
the Army car will now gets the advantage of all the testing the 24 and 48 do and have doen. they share info within the team. They also get to use the same engineeers and engine techs. The bigger(risher) the team the more resources available to the team. Yes they will also block adn allow teamates to pass in certain intances like allowing them to lead a lap to get the 5 additional points you get for leading a lap. then they will let the other drive pass them back.
3. Whats a 'free pass'? Apparently Kurt Busch had 5 of them.
the highest positioned lapped car will get a free pass or get a lap back ona yellow as long as they did not cause the yellow.
4. Why does everyone hate Kyle Busch? Jealousy and hes a bit of a arroant prick
Why does everyone love Dale Jr? His dad was a badass. when dad died, on the track, Lil E got alot of his fans. I loved his dad not him
5. Whats a restricter plate? a plate that limitd the spped the engine can produce, keeping all the car essentially at a safe speed and all basically going the same speed, make the resuts more about your pit crew and pit strategy
6. Im not sure how fans get attached to one car over the other. Are fans rooting for the driver? The sponsor? Or just like the cars colors?
some will answer yes to all the above. For some its the driver for other its the sponsor or the owner. in alot of cases the car maker, Toyota just recently joined the curcuit and are having a hard time with the hardcore rednecks that follow the sportAnyways, I have other questions, but those are the ones that had me most confused.
Any answers are appreciated.
When he first came into NASCAR, he said he was going to take a different path than his brother. Obviously he chose to go down the same path and cut an even wider swath. I think a large part of his problem is maturity. He needs to grow up.