February 2nd, 2009, 01:18 AM #1181
The vasoline thing isn't a big deal, at the most I think GSP will get a slap on the risk reprimand type thing. There's no way the win will be changed or anything.
Originally Posted by OvertimeHero
It's amazing to see how much GSP continues to improve. He didn't even utilize his outstanding kick boxing arsenal against GSP. He truly is the total package.
That being said, I think Thiago Alves is a worthy challenger and presents some interesting problems for any fighter even GSP. I think it will be a solid fight. Let's just hope Alves makes weight!
February 2nd, 2009, 12:01 PM #1182
So, not only did GSP "grease up" against Penn in this fight, but:
- apparently he did it in their 1st fight (according to Penn's trainers, who warned the NSAC about it prior to Saturday night's fight)
- in the 2nd fight against Matt Serra (or so Serra's camp apparently told Penn's camp)
- against Sean Sherk (I've never read this anywhere, but fightlinker.com makes mention of it)
- against Mayhem Miller, who even wrote an article about it for Fight! Magazine, though he doesn't mention GSP by name.
and more accusations against Greg Jackson & co are being brought up:
- Tito apparently claimed Rashad was greased (again, 1st I've heard of it)
- Dean Lister claimed Marquart was greased (news to me)
- Nick Diaz claimed Diego was slippery back when Diego was still part of that team (I always though it was whatever crap he put in his hair)
- Florian went on record claiming Huerta was slippery, though I don't know if Huerta was still with (or ever fully with) Team Jackson at that point, even though he did train there for a while.
So, is this some sort of smear campaign by people who were beaten by GSP or is there a legitimate complaint here?
I had never heard of most of these before today (and because some of these came from Sherdog, I doubt the validity), but there does seem to be a pattern. So, is it simple sweat, or is there more to it?
February 2nd, 2009, 12:13 PM #1183
Out of all those the only one I remember was the Tito one. I remember him talking about it after the fight, I believe during the press conference.
That being said, I don't think it is a big deal because there are commission people in the ring who are there to inspect that stuff.
Nothing will come from this other than a slap on the wrist, at most a fine. I seriously doubt any fight results are going to be changed.
February 2nd, 2009, 12:27 PM #1184
February 2nd, 2009, 01:16 PM #1185
"I'm gonna kill you George"
February 2nd, 2009, 05:01 PM #1186
Turns out that was a misquote. The actual quote was: "I'm gonna kill your reputation George! After you beat me down like you just caught me in bed with your wife, I, and everyone you ever made look like a fool, are gonna get everyone to turn on you and cast doubt on your entire career."
Originally Posted by borinka99
February 3rd, 2009, 11:48 AM #1187
February 3rd, 2009, 07:57 PM #1188
Do you have any inside info on what happened between Karo and Nate Diaz on TUF? Wondering if there is more to the story because Karo comes off looking like an insecure guy.
Originally Posted by Frolovian
February 4th, 2009, 04:40 AM #1189
And so it continues. Matt Hughes has posted on his blog that GSP felt slippery the last 2 times they fought. I seem to recall that he lost both of those fights badly. I also seem to recall that their 2nd fight was pretty much all stand up, which begs the question, at what point did GSP feel greasy? Hughes went for 2 takedowns, and GSP stuffed both, but Hughes had a good grip on him both times, so he couldn't have been greased up.
He must have forgotten to grease up in Hughes 1 and Serra 1, because he lost those ones.
February 4th, 2009, 07:48 AM #1190
Blah Blah Blah
Who gives a **** about the vasoline.