Click Here!
Page 127 of 166 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1660
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: The Official MMA Thread

  1. #1261
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OvertimeHero View Post
    I definitely agree that Forrest is good at pretty much everything but certainly not great at anything. However, I would argue that the last 3 fighters he fought were "elite" or damn close (like him or hate him, Rashad has skills, and is the current champ), and he's 2-1 in those fights.

    I'm not convinced that Shogun's win over Liddell proves that anything has changed with him. He looked decent the 1st round against Coleman too, so I'd be more willing to pick Forrest in that rematch.

    As I said, I'm picking Silva, and I'm certainly not saying Forrest is the P4P great. But I do think he is definitely top 5 LHW and doesn't get enough credit.

    Top 5 HW is a stretch. I think Shogun showed a lot in that Chuck fight. He finished him, old or not, not a lot of people finish that man. I think Rashad is an elite LHW and he dominated Forrest. Forrest did ok in that match but he never had Rashad in trouble. The Rampage fight was a toss up in my mind, I think that fight showed how tough Forrest is, but he didn't show anything outstanding. I would favor Rashad, Rampage, Shogun, Lyoto, even Jardine over Forrest.

    I think Forrest is a good fighter but there is no way I think he is elite ie top 5 LHW.

  2. #1262
    Polyphonic Prostitute OvertimeHero's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,992
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUcruz View Post
    Top 5 HW is a stretch. I think Shogun showed a lot in that Chuck fight. He finished him, old or not, not a lot of people finish that man. I think Rashad is an elite LHW and he dominated Forrest. Forrest did ok in that match but he never had Rashad in trouble. The Rampage fight was a toss up in my mind, I think that fight showed how tough Forrest is, but he didn't show anything outstanding. I would favor Rashad, Rampage, Shogun, Lyoto, even Jardine over Forrest.

    I think Forrest is a good fighter but there is no way I think he is elite ie top 5 LHW.
    Fair enough.

  3. #1263
    Polyphonic Prostitute OvertimeHero's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,992
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Cro-Cop apparently coming back at UFC 99! He's fighting Al-Turk, which is a gimme fight. Hopefully, he takes this one in glorious head kick fashion!

  4. #1264
    Da Great One borinka99's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    6,821
    Liked
    73 times
    Karma
    20056005
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)

    Default

    I just downloaded and watched UFC 1. Holy **** haha! Kumite stuff right there.

    Quote Originally Posted by OvertimeHero View Post
    Cro-Cop apparently coming back at UFC 99! He's fighting Al-Turk, which is a gimme fight. Hopefully, he takes this one in glorious head kick fashion!
    He better! I was so excited when he first came to the UFC.

  5. #1265
    Polyphonic Prostitute OvertimeHero's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,992
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Herring is out of UFC 99 because of an illness. Kongo stepping in to face Velasquez. As much as I like Cheick, I just don't know if he can pull this one off. He needs to train takedown defense and how to get off his back from now until the fight.

  6. #1266
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OvertimeHero View Post
    Herring is out of UFC 99 because of an illness. Kongo stepping in to face Velasquez. As much as I like Cheick, I just don't know if he can pull this one off. He needs to train takedown defense and how to get off his back from now until the fight.
    Not a good matchup for Kongo, especially if Cain Velazquez goes for takedowns early and often. Good test for Cain though, I think Herring was a tougher a test because he a more well-rounded fighter than Kongo, but Kongo can put anybody to sleep. Should be a fun one to watch.

  7. #1267
    #SimianNation mitchrock's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    26,884
    Liked
    8088 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    625 Post(s)

    Default

    good Ultimate Fighter tonight. Laughed at the English Ginger losing.
    I AM THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

  8. #1268
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchrock View Post
    good Ultimate Fighter tonight. Laughed at the English Ginger losing.
    What have you thought of the season thus far? There's been some pretty good fights but I feel like the show hasn't really profiled any of the fighters. I don't have a feel for anybody.

  9. #1269
    Polyphonic Prostitute OvertimeHero's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,992
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchrock View Post
    good Ultimate Fighter tonight. Laughed at the English Ginger losing.
    I know he was sick for a few days, but where the hell was his cardio? He gassed 3 minutes into the fight. Who does he think he is: Shogun? Maybe if he hadn't spent so much time before the fight having a "pro wrestling" fight with his friends, he would've performed better.

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUcruz View Post
    What have you thought of the season thus far? There's been some pretty good fights but I feel like the show hasn't really profiled any of the fighters. I don't have a feel for anybody.
    Agree 100%. I've missed a couple of episodes, but it seems like they're showing a little less of the house portion this season. The only guy I thought got a decent amount of face time was Rob Browning and he was only there for 1 show.

    And could Jason Pierce have sounded any more like he wanted to go home. That was the worst attempt at selling himself I have ever seen. If Dana asks you if you still want to fight and you reply yes in the same tone you would use if someone just ran over your dog, you're not going to convince anyone.

  10. #1270
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OvertimeHero View Post

    Agree 100%. I've missed a couple of episodes, but it seems like they're showing a little less of the house portion this season. The only guy I thought got a decent amount of face time was Rob Browning and he was only there for 1 show.

    And could Jason Pierce have sounded any more like he wanted to go home. That was the worst attempt at selling himself I have ever seen. If Dana asks you if you still want to fight and you reply yes in the same tone you would use if someone just ran over your dog, you're not going to convince anyone.
    Yea, I have no feel for anyone on the show. Other seasons you kinda knew who the top dogs were. Like last season everyone kinda knew Bader was one of the studs. This season I'm just in the dark with some of these guys.

    And yea, Pierce wanted no part of fighting. I think we all knew there was no way he was gonna fight!

Page 127 of 166 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28