Page 19 of 166 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 1660
  1. #181
    Hit it like a baby seal SmytheKing's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    10,040
    Liked
    1139 times
    Karma
    1080000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    208 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUcruz View Post
    Did you guys watch TUF tonight? Did anyone else laugh hysterically at Andy Wang crying like a little bitch? Maybe next time you should listen to your coaches moron.
    I was laughing even harder at BJ Penn walking behind him with a "****ing tool" smirk on his face.

    I gotta say though, Penn doesn't really seem to care whether his guys win or not. Seems he's just looking to do the fight. Obviously, a lot of it is being edited (and the Deeker in me says it's to get a better following for Pulver), but that's just the impression that I get. When his guys lose, it's like "oh well".

  2. #182
    Polyphonic Prostitute OvertimeHero's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,992
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUcruz View Post
    Did you guys watch TUF tonight? Did anyone else laugh hysterically at Andy Wang crying like a little bitch? Maybe next time you should listen to your coaches moron.
    Yeah, I understand being upset about a loss, but he was acting like a f***ing 2 year old. He didn't do a damn thing that BJ told him to. And after the fight: "I don't feel like a loser." Well, sorry Andy, you really are....in more ways than one.

    Quote Originally Posted by SmytheKing View Post
    I was laughing even harder at BJ Penn walking behind him with a "****ing tool" smirk on his face.

    I gotta say though, Penn doesn't really seem to care whether his guys win or not. Seems he's just looking to do the fight. Obviously, a lot of it is being edited (and the Deeker in me says it's to get a better following for Pulver), but that's just the impression that I get. When his guys lose, it's like "oh well".
    BJ really seems like an a**hole. That's why I am enjoying watching his guys lose.
    Last edited by OvertimeHero; April 27th, 2007 at 05:59 AM.

  3. #183
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmytheKing View Post
    I gotta say though, Penn doesn't really seem to care whether his guys win or not. Seems he's just looking to do the fight. Obviously, a lot of it is being edited (and the Deeker in me says it's to get a better following for Pulver), but that's just the impression that I get. When his guys lose, it's like "oh well".
    Yea Penn's coaching has been less than stellar thus far. Although the guys on his team who have fought are clearly the bottom of the barrel guys. Not sure how much he could have done. In the first episode he looked like he was trying to help out Monsta a lot.

    That's an interesting take regarding making Pulver look good. It makes sense, I don't think a lot of the "new" UFC fans know who Pulver is. And the last time he was in the Octagon he got KTFO by Joe Lauzon. It makes sense that they'd build him up to sell that fight with BJ. BJ is a popular guy as well so there's really no need to build him up.

  4. #184
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OvertimeHero View Post
    Yeah, I understand being upset about a loss, but he was acting like a f***ing 2 year old. He didn't do a damn thing that BJ told him to. And after the fight: "I don't feel like a loser." Well, sorry Andy, you really are....in more ways than one.

    .
    Yea, the worst was when he said he was a warrior.

  5. #185
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Did anyone else think the Matt Hughes cameo was fairly contrived? I think its cool that he comes in to help out his fellow Militech fighter and I think he does like helping guys out. But they walk in and he's mopping the mats. Come on!

  6. #186
    Polyphonic Prostitute OvertimeHero's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,992
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUcruz View Post
    Did anyone else think the Matt Hughes cameo was fairly contrived? I think its cool that he comes in to help out his fellow Militech fighter and I think he does like helping guys out. But they walk in and he's mopping the mats. Come on!
    $10 bucks says that it was Hughes' idea to be mopping the mats when the guys came in. Man, I really want this damn Serra-Hughes fight to be over with so GSP can kick Hughes' a** again.

  7. #187
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OvertimeHero View Post
    $10 bucks says that it was Hughes' idea to be mopping the mats when the guys came in. Man, I really want this damn Serra-Hughes fight to be over with so GSP can kick Hughes' a** again.
    Yea, definitley. "Ok, I'll be mopping up the mats, then send the guys in".

    I don't mind Matt Hughes although he is smug. But I'm not a fan. WIth the recent string of upsets though, I think it does make you respect/appreciate Hughes a little more as he was able to defend that title for a long time.

  8. #188
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Pretty slow time in MMA right now. Interesting fight set up for UFC 71 though. 2 tough fighters.

    http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=7390

    Kalib Starnes (Pictures) to meet Chris Leben (Pictures)

    The Fight Network reported recently that Kalib Starnes (Pictures) and Chris Leben (Pictures) will meet in a battle of TUF veterans at UFC 71, May 26 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

    Starnes is preparing in Florida with American Top Team, where right now a giant training camp is going on, comprised of notable fighters Denis Kang (Pictures), Thiago Alves (Pictures), Marcus Aurelio, Wilson Gouveia (Pictures), Din Thomas (Pictures), Antonio Silva (Pictures), and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (Pictures).

    Starnes-Leben is not one of the five match-ups currently listed on UFC.com, however three of those match-ups are noted as being on the undercard, so there's a decent chance that the Canadian's fight will be broadcast live on the pay-per-view.
    Should be an interesting fight. I liked Starnes on TUF 3 and he's supposed to be a pretty talented fighter. ATT is a good camp and hopefully he's improved since the Okami fight.

    I've never been a big Leben fan, but I'd guess he would be the betting favorite in this fight.

  9. #189
    Polyphonic Prostitute OvertimeHero's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,992
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUcruz View Post
    Should be an interesting fight. I liked Starnes on TUF 3 and he's supposed to be a pretty talented fighter. ATT is a good camp and hopefully he's improved since the Okami fight.
    I liked him on TUF 3, but became less high on him after his last fight on the show. Not to take anything away from Kendall, but I questioned Kalib's heart when he gave up. I can't recall at this time if his ribs were actually broken on not. But I think he should've fought through it considering what was on the line.

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUcruz View Post
    I've never been a big Leben fan, but I'd guess he would be the betting favorite in this fight.
    Agreed. But I always love seeing Leben get beat.

  10. #190
    Hit it like a baby seal SmytheKing's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    10,040
    Liked
    1139 times
    Karma
    1080000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    208 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUcruz View Post
    Pretty slow time in MMA right now. Interesting fight set up for UFC 71 though. 2 tough fighters.

    http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=7390



    Should be an interesting fight. I liked Starnes on TUF 3 and he's supposed to be a pretty talented fighter. ATT is a good camp and hopefully he's improved since the Okami fight.

    I've never been a big Leben fan, but I'd guess he would be the betting favorite in this fight.
    I'm not a Leben fan really either, but I'll take him walking away in this one. Starnes seemed ok on TUF, but was a bit of a baby/quitter. He's decent on the ground from what I remember, but I don't think the fight gets there. I think Leben starts wailing on him from the start and Starnes just packs it in before the first round is over with. I just remember him saying that he wasn't going to risk getting seriously injurned in some tv show (or something like that) after busting a rib.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •