Click Here!
Page 68 of 166 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 118 ... LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 1660
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: The Official MMA Thread

  1. #671
    Polyphonic Prostitute OvertimeHero's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,992
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lagwagon0 View Post
    Wow, what a great match. All in all a good undercard as well. The only thing that bothered me a little bit was the season long letdown with Mac winning. It felt groomed for him from the get go with no serious competition.
    I'm not sure that was the case. If Arroyo had fought Mac in the semis, I could image that one going to a decision. Also, if George hadn't gotten the thumb in the eye, I think that fight would've gone his way. I'm not saying it didn't end up being easy for him, but if he had faced Arroyo or Sotiropolous (sp?), I think they would've given him a serious run for his money.

  2. #672
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OvertimeHero View Post
    I'm not sure that was the case. If Arroyo had fought Mac in the semis, I could image that one going to a decision. Also, if George hadn't gotten the thumb in the eye, I think that fight would've gone his way. I'm not saying it didn't end up being easy for him, but if he had faced Arroyo or Sotiropolous (sp?), I think they would've given him a serious run for his money.
    I think this TUF was set up for George to fight Mac, that's for sure. I think Mac would have found a way to win against Arroyo. That guy is really one dimensional.

  3. #673
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmytheKing View Post
    Thought so too. I guess they're trying to keep it hush hush. Sherk was one of their golden boys and all. Just pretend like it never happened and that BJ and Stevenson are fighting for it. There should at least be a blurb on there, but I guess this is the way they're gonna do it.
    Well its on their website so, they're not really keeping it hush hush.

    http://mmajunkie.com/2007/12/10/dana...-vs-stevenson/

    They aren't exactly telling people either. Anyways within that story it's mentioned that Sherk is going to fight the winner of Penn-Stevenson so in the end it doesn't really matter.

  4. #674
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Rampage and Forrest will coach the next TUF season. At the conclusion of the show, Forrest fights Rampage for the belt.

    http://mmajunkie.com/2007/12/10/ramp...ght-for-title/

    Interesting, We now know who the #1 contender is, I'm anxious to see Rampage as a coach. I wonder if he'll just bring in Juanito and have him do all the work.

  5. #675
    Hit it like a baby seal SmytheKing's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    10,006
    Liked
    1079 times
    Karma
    1075000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    179 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUcruz View Post
    Rampage and Forrest will coach the next TUF season. At the conclusion of the show, Forrest fights Rampage for the belt.

    http://mmajunkie.com/2007/12/10/ramp...ght-for-title/

    Interesting, We now know who the #1 contender is, I'm anxious to see Rampage as a coach. I wonder if he'll just bring in Juanito and have him do all the work.
    ...I've said it before, Jardine once again gets screwed. That guy always seems to be getting scraps. I'm a big Forrest fan, but I don't know how you keep giving Jardine the shaft like this. Yeah, I know he lost to Alexander. . .but he KO'd Forrest. Forrest loses to Jardine and Tito, then beats that guy in Ireland and Shogun. That division is so topsy turvy though. Can't say there's anyone that CLEARLY deserves it more than him. . .

  6. #676
    Resident Cynic




    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,001
    Liked
    2642 times
    Karma
    1020000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OvertimeHero View Post
    I'm not sure that was the case. If Arroyo had fought Mac in the semis, I could image that one going to a decision. Also, if George hadn't gotten the thumb in the eye, I think that fight would've gone his way. I'm not saying it didn't end up being easy for him, but if he had faced Arroyo or Sotiropolous (sp?), I think they would've given him a serious run for his money.
    I agree, although I still doubt George would have beaten Mac.

  7. #677
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmytheKing View Post
    ...I've said it before, Jardine once again gets screwed. That guy always seems to be getting scraps. I'm a big Forrest fan, but I don't know how you keep giving Jardine the shaft like this. Yeah, I know he lost to Alexander. . .but he KO'd Forrest. Forrest loses to Jardine and Tito, then beats that guy in Ireland and Shogun. That division is so topsy turvy though. Can't say there's anyone that CLEARLY deserves it more than him. . .
    I think that's the main thing right there. The division is so cluttered right now, there's not one true title contender. So the UFC did the smart thing by taking one of the deserving guys who happens to be the most marketable and gave him a title shot.

    Since the fight won't happen until after the reality show ends, this buys the UFC time to try and a clearer picture of the division. This seems to be the opposite of the WW title picture with the last TUF. Where everything was pretty much lined up and the TUF season just delayed everything. This TUF season will help set things up.

    I'm not sure what they'll do with Jardine. Maybe give him the winner of Machida-Soko? Another tough fight for him, but I don't think he'll want to sit around for that long a time. If Wanderlei wins in a dominant type fashion, I get the feeling that he'll be in the title picture immediately. If Chuck wins, he'll probably have to fight another fight.

    Then of course you still have guys like Tito, Shogun, Rashad, etc. I'd love to see a Tito-Shogun fight. Both guys are coming off of disappointing losses. With Rashad, who knows, he's coming off a win, maybe he'll fight the winner of Chuck-Wanderlei?

    After Forrest the divisional rankings aren't clear, but this is a good thing. Plenty of talent in this division and it should make for a ton of great matchups in the upcoming year.

  8. #678
    Pretty much a jerk Crapgame13's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,196
    Liked
    8 times
    Karma
    1015000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    rumor floating that Vitor is in talks with the UFC to come and fight Tito

  9. #679
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crapgame13 View Post
    rumor floating that Vitor is in talks with the UFC to come and fight Tito
    Pretty good story on Sherdog with Vitor.

    http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=10324

    I hope he comes back, he's still pretty young, and he's always been talented. That thing with his sister messed him up.

  10. #680
    Polyphonic Prostitute OvertimeHero's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,992
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    http://www.yarennoka.com/

    Fedor vs Hong Man Choi is official. I would say that I hope that Choi KOs Fedor, but then I'd have to sift through 1000 threads over on Sherdog about how Choi wasn't a can, he was a legit opponent for Fedor, and how it only proves that Fedor does want to fight the best.

Page 68 of 166 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 118 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28