Click Here!
Page 74 of 166 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 ... LastLast
Results 731 to 740 of 1659
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: The Official MMA Thread

  1. #731
    Polyphonic Prostitute OvertimeHero's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,991
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Shamrock vs. Shamrock official!
    http://www.mmafightline.com/news/200...k_312948.shtml

    I'd like to see Ken somehow take this so that he can go out on a bit of high note, but my gut says Frank mauls him.

  2. #732
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OvertimeHero View Post
    Shamrock vs. Shamrock official!
    http://www.mmafightline.com/news/200...k_312948.shtml

    I'd like to see Ken somehow take this so that he can go out on a bit of high note, but my gut says Frank mauls him.
    Not that excited about this because Frank should be fighting fights that mean something. Cung Le or Robbie Lawler, those fights make sense. I have no desire to see him fight Ken. Also the fight will probably be a PPV? No way I'm buying that.

  3. #733
    Hit it like a baby seal SmytheKing's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9,745
    Liked
    1019 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUcruz View Post
    Not that excited about this because Frank should be fighting fights that mean something. Cung Le or Robbie Lawler, those fights make sense. I have no desire to see him fight Ken. Also the fight will probably be a PPV? No way I'm buying that.
    Agreed. The guy talks a big game, but he's not interested in proving anything anymore. Guess he could be fighting a guy six inches taller and 100lbs heavier though, eh? ; )

  4. #734
    Polyphonic Prostitute OvertimeHero's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,991
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I'm only excited about the novelty of it. You're totally right, he should be fighting meaningful fights, but I guess this is more important to him right now. Buying the PPV? Hell no! But I will have no problem downloading it.

  5. #735
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OvertimeHero View Post
    I'm only excited about the novelty of it. You're totally right, he should be fighting meaningful fights, but I guess this is more important to him right now. Buying the PPV? Hell no! But I will have no problem downloading it.
    Haha true that.

  6. #736
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Shamrock to fight Cung Le in March

    http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/mma...?urn=mma,61324

    So I'm assuming Frank-Ken was never really on.

    This is for the better though. Looking forward to it. Winner fights Robbie Lawler? That would be pretty sick.

  7. #737
    Polyphonic Prostitute OvertimeHero's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,991
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default Couture is target of UFC lawsuit

    http://www.lvrj.com/sports/13794082.html

    The strained relationship between the Ultimate Fighting Championship and its heavyweight champion Randy Couture has taken another bad turn -- directly into a Las Vegas courtroom.

    Lawyers for Zuffa, LLC, the UFC's parent company, on Monday filed suit in Clark County District Court, alleging chiefly that Couture's comments about the UFC and its senior management caused the business irreparable damage and that he is in breach of the contract he signed with the company in December 2006.

    "We are alleging numerous intentional torts, which have caused Zuffa and the UFC significant harm," attorney Donald J. Campbell said. "Based upon that harm we are seeking to address these matters before a court of law."

    The lawsuit seeks damages in excess of $10,000 and states that the amount of both compensatory and punitive damages would be proven at trial. It also seeks an injunction restraining Couture from participating in any way in any promotion competing against the UFC.

  8. #738
    Hit it like a baby seal SmytheKing's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9,745
    Liked
    1019 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OvertimeHero View Post
    ...and so it begins. I'm guessing they're doing this as a pre-emptive strike. They figure whoever fires first will have the better appearance. Couture is going to argue that they're preventing him from making a living...but that will be hard to prove after they've offered him fights against top level guys a couple of times since he resigned. He IS in breach of his contract and I don't know how he's going to prove he isn't.

  9. #739
    Polyphonic Prostitute OvertimeHero's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,991
    Liked
    0 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmytheKing View Post
    ...and so it begins. I'm guessing they're doing this as a pre-emptive strike. They figure whoever fires first will have the better appearance. Couture is going to argue that they're preventing him from making a living...but that will be hard to prove after they've offered him fights against top level guys a couple of times since he resigned. He IS in breach of his contract and I don't know how he's going to prove he isn't.
    Yeah, obviously they're just doing this to delay Randy's ability to fight Fedor. If they can get the injunction and delay the fight 6-12 months past October (when Couture's current contract apparently expires), then Couture will be that much older, and will have had (give or take) a 2 year layoff, and at that point, even HE would have to question his ability to win that fight given the circumstances, and he most likely wouldn't do it. Then the UFC wins.

    Bottom line, is the UFC has offered him at least 1 fight against one of the top 5 heavyweights in the world in Big Nog, and he turned it down. He's in breach of his contract and shouldn't just be allowed to wait until the supposed expiry date and go somewhere else without repercussions.

  10. #740
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quick predictions

    Penn via Rear Naked Choke in the 4th round
    Gonzaga via TKO, ground and pound
    Kendall Grove via triangle choke
    Marcus Davis via KO.

Page 74 of 166 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83