Really excited for RAW 1000 tonight. They promoted this way more than the Money in the Bank PPV. Lets hope they don't screw this up.
Expected alumni to return are:
- The Rock
- Stone Cold Steve Austin
- Brock Lesnar
- Shawn Michaels
- Sean "X-Pac" Waltman
- Billy Gunn
- Road Dogg
- Sycho Sid
- Diamond Dallas Page
- Rowdy Roddy Piper
- Mick Foley
- Bret Hart
- Steve Blackman
- Jim Ross
- Gene Okerlund
- Mae Young
- Alicia Webb (Ryan Shamrock)
- Sgt. Slaughter
- Jim Duggan
- Road Warrior Animal
- Bob Backlund
- DX will open the show, that should be fun.
- Brock Lesnar will accept HHH's Summerslam Match challenge.
- Daniel Bryan and AJ's wedding.
- Christian to defend the Intercontinental Championship against an opponent yet to be named.
- Permanent GM of RAW (and maybe Smackdown) will be revealed.
- The Rock is in the house.
- CM Punk vs John Cena for the WWE Title
I'm fully expecting John Cena to become the first ever superstar to fail to cash in his money in the bank successfully thanks to The Rock. Lets face it, Cena doesn't *need* to win the title by cashing it in. In fact, they can turn this into a story where Cena is upset he made a legit 1 on 1 match where as all the champions prior (except RVD) cashed it in when the opponent is vulnerable.
The wedding is also going to be lots of fun. We all know how WWE weddings turn out... will this be the first ever wedding to go off without a hitch? Or will Kane have something to say about that?
WWE is also planning for a major overrun tonight even though it's 3 hours. So something *BIG* is going to happen.
Can't wait! The only thing that could possibly hurt the show is the excessive commercial breaks... but that can't be helped.
We need Stephanie McMahon to show up at the wedding. She's a sure jinx.
AJ is the new GM? WTF. Glad football season is almost here.
I thought RAW was terrific. Right off the bat, all the way down to the finish. Awesome awesome stuff. The only problem I had with the show was the constant Tout crap they're shoving down our throats. Twitter and what's trending? I can deal with that. But showing stupid casual fan videos and their opinions multiple times in a show? No. That must go.
- DX Opening was terrific. They were their usual self. Shawn was funny being the forgetful one. Billy Gunn looked like he hasn't aged at all! Damien Sandow even got to be in the same ring as DX! It was a fun segment to start the show. The 20 minutes went by really fast.
- Rey Mysterio, Sin Cara, and Sheamus vs Dolph Ziggler, Chris Jericho, and Alberto Del Rio was just your standard 6 Man Tag. I did like the finish where Ziggler turned on his own teammate Jericho. I'm really looking forward to that feud. For once, it's different and fresh.
- The BEST BACKSTAGE SEGMENT of the night was easily the Layla and AJ segment. AJ got mad at people calling her unstable when there are people right outside who were crazier than her. She opened the locker room door and immediately we saw Hacksaw Jim Duggan. R-Truth, Little Jimmy, and Rowdy Piper. But the best thing we saw was Mae Young and her son.... the freaking HAND! For all of us who watched RAW religiously week after week... that stuff was genius.
- Brodus Clay squashing Jack Swagger was lame. Swagger deserves way better. But we saw Dude Love, so that was cool.
- The wedding was alright. It was odd to have a wedding lead directly to AJ being the GM of RAW. Poor Slick, the only guy to not get a reaction because he was way before everyones time... it seems. AJ being GM of RAW will be interesting. She's the most popular character in the WWE now. Vince just wants to run with what is hot. So I'm excited to see where this goes. We still don't know who the GM of Smackdown is yet... please let it be William Regal.
- Rock's segment with Punk and Bryan was fun too. I'm not sure I like having The Rock automatically become the #1 Contender to face the WWE Champion at the Royal Rumble. It would be more fun if he entered the Royal Rumble match itself. I can't imagine them putting the WWE Title on The Rock either, unless he actually works "Full time" between the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania.
- Miz vs Christian was probably the match of the night. Kudos to Miz for winning the IC Title for the first time. Hopefully this will get him back on track as far as his wrestling career goes.
- HHH, Paul Heyman, Stephanie McMahon, Brock Lesnar segment was really interesting. I probably enjoyed this more than I normally would since I'm excited about the fact that I'll get to see Brock Lesnar at Summerslam!! Steph looks freaking amazing too.
- Lita, APA, and all the legends vs Heath Slater. Lita is still as hot as ever. Heath Slater deserves a push after this. What a fun character for sure.
- Undertaker and Kane killing Hunico, Camacho, Jinder Mahal, Curt Hawkins, Tyler Reks, and Drew McIntyre was alright. Segment was about the Brothers of Destruction. It's a nice way to get 6 underused and mistreated wrestlers on the show for sure. WWE needs to do something with them fast... (though it might be too late).
- John Cena vs CM Punk. They were really short on time here! Wow. Their pre-match intro was done during the commercial break. I think it was kind of sloppy because Punk and Cena had to rush into their signature moves so quickly. Big Show played his part perfectly in attacking Cena since it's Cena's fault he didn't win the MITB match. Punk not being able to decide whether or not he should pin Cena after Big Show helped him was really interesting. The biggest shock was Punk turning heel when The Rock went to save Cena, but Punk stopped him.
CM Punk turning heel and Chris Jericho on the verge of turning face? I'll take it.
Overall, they hyped up RAW1000 like crazy and it delivered. But where the hell was Stone Cold Steve Austin?! They seriously had a 1000th episode without the guy that defined RAW? They had better give a good explanation somewhere... But again! Congrats Vince McMahon. You looked smug all night and you had every right to be. Thank you Vince. :)
--Yes Yes Yes!!!!! I'm going to enjoy AJ being GM of Raw.
--Undertaker looks like he's close to death himself.
--Lita & Stephanie McMahon.....YES YES OOOOOOOH YES!!!!
--Going to love watching Punk go heel but not too sure about Jericho going face (especially if he pulls a Rock move and go on tour again)
--Vince McMahon looked much better now than when he retired from the ring.
:lol: Thanks Adam. I was laughing when I saw that hood botch. He made Sin Cara proud.