Click Here!
Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 328
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

  1. #61
    That'll do pig Sylar's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,137
    Liked
    154 times
    Karma
    1004100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    I went to Gamestop today after work and officially canceled my pre-order for BF3 and put it on MW3.

    I asked the Gamestop employee if a lot of people are canceling and he said, "Way more than we expected." He said that EA wanted to remind us that the beta is from E3 and that the "final game is nothing like the beta". I told him, "Well, the beta is suppose to sell the product and make people really want the game. It disappointed me greatly and I didn't have fun with it. I am not going to risk 60 dollars on something that may or may not be fun." The employee responded with, "I don't blame you, that's why a lot of people are going with MW3."
    To be fair TC...a demo is meant to sell the game, a beta is not.

  2. #62
    God is a King Martyros's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,290
    Liked
    18 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    I went to Gamestop today after work and officially canceled my pre-order for BF3 and put it on MW3.

    I asked the Gamestop employee if a lot of people are canceling and he said, "Way more than we expected." He said that EA wanted to remind us that the beta is from E3 and that the "final game is nothing like the beta". I told him, "Well, the beta is suppose to sell the product and make people really want the game. It disappointed me greatly and I didn't have fun with it. I am not going to risk 60 dollars on something that may or may not be fun." The employee responded with, "I don't blame you, that's why a lot of people are going with MW3."
    I'll take the BF3 beta over MW3 anyday, but that's just me.

  3. #63
    <3 Tanner <3 TooCool's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15,204
    Liked
    8650 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    877 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    To be fair TC...a demo is meant to sell the game, a beta is not.
    Is EA still going to release a demo then? Because it looks like the beta is the only thing we can play. So therefore, unless I'm wrong... they're using a beta to sell the game.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

    While it seems like most of you are allergic to the "like" button, I just want to personally say thanks for looking anyway.

    Rink Dawg

  4. #64
    That'll do pig Sylar's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,137
    Liked
    154 times
    Karma
    1004100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Is EA still going to release a demo then? Because it looks like the beta is the only thing we can play. So therefore, unless I'm wrong... they're using a beta to sell the game.
    I don't think they are going to release a demo, and releasing a beta might help sell a game. All I am saying is that a beta is a tool for the developers to have their game tested before releasing the full version. This way they can fix problems and patch things up before launch.
    That is just what a beta is, whether or not EA was planning on gaining customers with it, I have no idea.
    Ecktore likes this.

  5. #65
    Video Game First Liner Ecktore's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,450
    Liked
    1550 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)

    Default

    I'm going to have to agree with Sylar. EA released a demo for NHL 11, and it was basically a five minute experience of the final product. EA wants to get it right with BF3, and that's why the beta was released for the public to use. I'm just glad the game is being released a few weeks before MW3. If i don't like it, i can just trade it in once MW3 is released.

  6. #66
    Go, Kings, Go rinkrat's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    209,516
    Liked
    7967 times
    Karma
    293971536
    Images
    6484
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

    Default


  7. #67
    Bring the Reign




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,655
    Liked
    180 times
    Karma
    1089000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Is EA still going to release a demo then? Because it looks like the beta is the only thing we can play. So therefore, unless I'm wrong... they're using a beta to sell the game.
    You're wrong. They use beta's to do things like test the ability of the servers, feedback on bugs(and sneaky ass exploits) that only players can find and other technical issues. A beta is nowheres near the finished product. Ever.
    And there won't be a demo. Neither of these games need a demo to sell their product. Both games are gonna fly off the shelves, and a lot of people get both.

  8. #68
    <3 Tanner <3 TooCool's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15,204
    Liked
    8650 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    877 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maddogg420 View Post
    You're wrong. They use beta's to do things like test the ability of the servers, feedback on bugs(and sneaky ass exploits) that only players can find and other technical issues. A beta is nowheres near the finished product. Ever.
    And there won't be a demo. Neither of these games need a demo to sell their product. Both games are gonna fly off the shelves, and a lot of people get both.
    Wrong or not, I have no regrets canceling my pre-order as I wait for the BF3 review to come out. The bottom line is, they shouldn't have released a beta so close to the actual release date. It can give people the wrong impression and I know I'm not the only one that canceled my pre-order because of it. Either way, I hope people enjoy it and that the final product is good because Call of Duty needs some serious competition in the future.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

    While it seems like most of you are allergic to the "like" button, I just want to personally say thanks for looking anyway.

    Rink Dawg

  9. #69
    Bring the Reign




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,655
    Liked
    180 times
    Karma
    1089000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Wrong or not, I have no regrets canceling my pre-order as I wait for the BF3 review to come out. The bottom line is, they shouldn't have released a beta so close to the actual release date. It can give people the wrong impression and I know I'm not the only one that canceled my pre-order because of it. Either way, I hope people enjoy it and that the final product is good because Call of Duty needs some serious competition in the future.
    Then you saved yourself a pwning by me and my squadmates!!(j/k.... sorta )

  10. #70
    <3 Tanner <3 TooCool's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15,204
    Liked
    8650 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    877 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maddogg420 View Post
    Then you saved yourself a pwning by me and my squadmates!!(j/k.... sorta )
    Haha. I'm not very good to begin with anyway, which is mostly why I didn't like the beta. I hate campers to hell and back to begin with and from the BF3 beta, campers were 10x worse than MW2/BlackOps. Plus the test map sucked because everytime I went underground, I would get sniped immediately. So it just wasn't fun for me and that's why they're not going to get my $60 dollars.

    The Battlefield 3 review comes out at midnight (in 50 minutes) on IGN. Hopefully it gets a damn good review so Call of Duty will start sweating. Chances are, they'll get the same scores (which wouldn't help anyone) lol.
    Last edited by TooCool; October 23rd, 2011 at 11:18 PM.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

    While it seems like most of you are allergic to the "like" button, I just want to personally say thanks for looking anyway.

    Rink Dawg

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28