January 22nd, 2011, 02:00 PM #11
Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 were huge letdowns for me. I liked both original games so much more. I really hope both of them improve. Resistance 2 was pretty bad. For some reason, it felt too cartoony to me. The 1st one felt like you were actually there, the 2nd one just didn't feel as realistic (lol.)
Originally Posted by Fisch
January 22nd, 2011, 02:50 PM #12
When I think of modern, a war from the mid 50s- mid 70s is exactly what it means
Last edited by Dexter; January 22nd, 2011 at 02:52 PM.
January 23rd, 2011, 04:09 AM #13
I played a little of the first Resistance at my friends place, it was a bit too repetitive the couple of levels I played of it. I liked the added use of scale and a richer color palette in the second one. The multi-player was a little clunky as it didn't have matchmaking.
Originally Posted by Palffy3314
I bought Killzone 2 when it came out, but have it still sitting here in my rack unplayed. I always say I'll get to it one day though as it got some pretty good reviews, haha.
January 23rd, 2011, 04:49 PM #14
What separates Bad Company from COD......
1) host migration ****......you never get kicked out, servers don't **** you over; if you lag, it's from your internet, not someone else's....BIGGEST reason imo.
2) Size of maps......it's a friggen BATTLEFIELD GAME...and it actually has a BATTLEFIELD! not a small crappy map you can barely snipe in.
3) it's a combination of games(i've really only played "RUSH") from COD. In rush, basically, it's demolition/team deathmatch in one. as an attacker, you have to destroy 2 objectives(there are more than two in a map, but it's 2-by-2) before the defenders can kill off 75 of your teamates. Not to mention, you don't have to rely on arming a bomb on it....you can just go straight forward and try to blow it up with a tank/rockets/gernades/mortars/c4's....etc.
4)Squads. You don't have to play 6-6.....you can get split into "mini-squads" where you've got 3 on your team while you have another squad or two on your team that will fight and help you out occasionally.
5) Use of tanks/helicopters/stationary weapons/equipment: COD will never give you that! destructible houses!
6) 4 categories to choose from: Assault,engineer,medic,recon...i think it speaks for itself.
7) much harder to level up.
Ya.....i know this thread was SUPPOSED to be about MW3 lol but i just love this game alot more than cod....mainly because of how bad the servers are and how many friggen times i have either froze on loading screen or gotten kicked after waiting 5 minutes to migrate the host. ridiculous .
January 24th, 2011, 12:00 AM #15
Couldn't get into it. I loved Battlefield 1942-Vietnam on the PC though.
January 24th, 2011, 02:04 AM #16
I've really tried to get into Bad Company's multiplayer, I even downloaded the Vietnam map pack. It just seems to me that there is way too much going on in the game. Whereas, with Call Of Duty is more of a straight forward game.