When I think of modern, a war from the mid 50s- mid 70s is exactly what it means
Last edited by Dexter; January 22nd, 2011 at 01:52 PM.
I bought Killzone 2 when it came out, but have it still sitting here in my rack unplayed. I always say I'll get to it one day though as it got some pretty good reviews, haha.
What separates Bad Company from COD......
1) host migration ****......you never get kicked out, servers don't **** you over; if you lag, it's from your internet, not someone else's....BIGGEST reason imo.
2) Size of maps......it's a friggen BATTLEFIELD GAME...and it actually has a BATTLEFIELD! not a small crappy map you can barely snipe in.
3) it's a combination of games(i've really only played "RUSH") from COD. In rush, basically, it's demolition/team deathmatch in one. as an attacker, you have to destroy 2 objectives(there are more than two in a map, but it's 2-by-2) before the defenders can kill off 75 of your teamates. Not to mention, you don't have to rely on arming a bomb on it....you can just go straight forward and try to blow it up with a tank/rockets/gernades/mortars/c4's....etc.
4)Squads. You don't have to play 6-6.....you can get split into "mini-squads" where you've got 3 on your team while you have another squad or two on your team that will fight and help you out occasionally.
5) Use of tanks/helicopters/stationary weapons/equipment: COD will never give you that! destructible houses!
6) 4 categories to choose from: Assault,engineer,medic,recon...i think it speaks for itself.
7) much harder to level up.
Ya.....i know this thread was SUPPOSED to be about MW3 lol but i just love this game alot more than cod....mainly because of how bad the servers are and how many friggen times i have either froze on loading screen or gotten kicked after waiting 5 minutes to migrate the host. ridiculous .
Couldn't get into it. I loved Battlefield 1942-Vietnam on the PC though.