Click Here!
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 139
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Final Fantasy XIII, XIII-2, & XIII-3 Thread

  1. #21
    Out of Hibernation Watti's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,385
    Liked
    35 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Images
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    -Barely two hours in and I'm hooked. Definitely the best looking game I've ever played.

    -Chocobo in the hair has me a little puzzled too. I can't tell if I think it's lame or if I want one for myself.

    -The characters are ****ing awesome. I guess a lot of people have problems with Vanille... I like her. She runs a little strange, but whatever.

    -I can't imagine playing through the game without reading all of the datalog entries. Shortly after you're introduced to Snow the story starts taking shape, and it's a lot easier to follow than I thought it would be.

    -Returning to full health after each battle is kind of strange... I didn't know that at first, and spent about 5 minutes trying to figure out how to use a potion outside of the battle screen. : /

  2. #22
    <3 Tanner <3 TooCool's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15,116
    Liked
    8441 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    841 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Watti
    -Barely two hours in and I'm hooked. Definitely the best looking game I've ever played.
    No doubt about that. And people complain about it not looking as sharp as the PS3. The game looks amazing on my old fat/heavy standard TV.

    Quote Originally Posted by Watti
    -Chocobo in the hair has me a little puzzled too. I can't tell if I think it's lame or if I want one for myself.
    I'd have to imagine that the Chocobo poops in Sazh's hair. =x And not to sound racist or anything but does the black dude have to be comic relief? And he shoots like a dumb***. Shoots, spins around and lifts his knee and shoots again? Who does that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Watti
    -The characters are ****ing awesome. I guess a lot of people have problems with Vanille... I like her. She runs a little strange, but whatever.
    She's really cool. I like her as well. She sounds odd at times... but I'm sure the voice actor did it on purpose. Her running is pretty funny. Arms and legs flailing around nonstop. Of course... SquareEnix wanted to make the characters very unique and one of a kind. But it's just funny looking in a good way.

    When you run in one direction and turn around to run in another direction, they all start and stop funny. Just unusual human behavior if you get what I'm saying. It's like they don't know how to hit the breaks and turn around normally. =D

    Quote Originally Posted by Watti
    -Returning to full health after each battle is kind of strange... I didn't know that at first, and spent about 5 minutes trying to figure out how to use a potion outside of the battle screen. : /
    Yeah, it takes awhile to get used to. Pretty cool that a potion heals everyone too.

    You know in the option setting? There's an option to set the ATB gauge at normal speed and slow speed. I was originally thinking, "Why would you want it on slow?" But the battle goes by insanely fast. There's too many things to pay attention to. The HP of your team (especially the leader), and Paradigm Shifts, etc. With so many monsters on the screen at times, I just pick auto battle sometimes and go from there.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

    While it seems like most of you are allergic to the "like" button, I just want to personally say thanks for looking anyway.

    Rink Dawg

  3. #23
    Bring on Vancouver! USCKingsFan31's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,388
    Liked
    1934 times
    Karma
    1370828
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    265 Post(s)

    Default

    Loving it so far too!

  4. #24
    Out of Hibernation Watti's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,385
    Liked
    35 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Images
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    This game just keeps getting better.

    I wasn't sure at first, but I think the linear structure really lends itself well to the fast pace of the story, the battles, everything. And I absolutely love how the battle system grows as your characters grow. You really have to strategize and think ahead prior to the battles, and during them you need to be on your toes or it's over in a matter of seconds. If you don't level your characters up properly, there will be battles that'll give you huge problems in the future.

    My one gripe, one small gripe, is that I wish I could explore the environment a little more. I don't even necessarily mean I wish we could run around in it. Sometimes I just want to run to the edge and look out over the landscape but two things get in the way:

    1) My character sometimes can't even get to the edge. It's like the map boundary doesn't actually extend to the in-game boundary and I run into a weirdly shaped invisible wall. And...

    2) The camera system kind of sucks. It's limited and feels a bit clunky. You've designed these brilliantly beautiful environments... Can I see them, please?


    But the story, characters, and system are all so engaging that it really makes these issues just a minor hiccup.

  5. #25
    Video Game First Liner Ecktore's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,437
    Liked
    1526 times
    Karma
    3123132
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)

    Default

    Think I might pick this up.

  6. #26
    Metal Legend Lordmasterdeath's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    484
    Liked
    339 times
    Karma
    3575967
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

    Default

    About 10 hours in...LOVE IT!

    The battle system to me is the best part of the game. Like a few posters already said, it's easy in the beginning but it gets more complicated which is a good thing. I shouldn't have to coast through a game by mashing X the whole time.

    Vanille's accent is a little hard to understand sometimes. But I think she's a good character that balances the entire party.

    Finally got the weapon upgrades which makes your party more devastating.

  7. #27
    <3 Tanner <3 TooCool's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15,116
    Liked
    8441 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    841 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Watti
    This game just keeps getting better.

    I wasn't sure at first, but I think the linear structure really lends itself well to the fast pace of the story, the battles, everything. And I absolutely love how the battle system grows as your characters grow. You really have to strategize and think ahead prior to the battles, and during them you need to be on your toes or it's over in a matter of seconds. If you don't level your characters up properly, there will be battles that'll give you huge problems in the future.
    No kidding! One time, I rushed into battle and got mauled because I wasn't ready with my Paradigm Shifts. When I had to retry, I went to the menu and made sure I adjusted them accordingly. =)

    Quote Originally Posted by Watti
    My one gripe, one small gripe, is that I wish I could explore the environment a little more. I don't even necessarily mean I wish we could run around in it. Sometimes I just want to run to the edge and look out over the landscape but two things get in the way:

    1) My character sometimes can't even get to the edge. It's like the map boundary doesn't actually extend to the in-game boundary and I run into a weirdly shaped invisible wall. And...

    2) The camera system kind of sucks. It's limited and feels a bit clunky. You've designed these brilliantly beautiful environments... Can I see them, please?
    Couldn't agree more. I like those zoomed out views we've hit a few times in the first few hours, but the majority of the time you can't really see the outer parts of the area you're in.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lordmasterdeath
    About 10 hours in...LOVE IT!

    The battle system to me is the best part of the game. Like a few posters already said, it's easy in the beginning but it gets more complicated which is a good thing. I shouldn't have to coast through a game by mashing X the whole time.

    Vanille's accent is a little hard to understand sometimes. But I think she's a good character that balances the entire party.
    Always turn on subtitles. Especially for Final Fantasy games, people are bound to sound weird or use a term I know nothing about until I see and hear it often.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lordmasterdeath
    Finally got the weapon upgrades which makes your party more devastating.
    No spoilers here (I hope) but I sold a bunch of my loot because that's seemingly the only way to get gil in this game. Then when I was introduced to weapon upgrades last night, you need loot to use as EXP to upgrade your weapon. Just great. I hope my characters don't run into any problems because I can't upgrade my weapons until I get a bunch of loot back.

    The shops just don't seem to sell anything useful. It seems to have things I already have.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

    While it seems like most of you are allergic to the "like" button, I just want to personally say thanks for looking anyway.

    Rink Dawg

  8. #28
    is watching you.... King Taco's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    6,178
    Liked
    26 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Ugh. I'm still busy with Demon's Souls. I'm considering moving on to FF XIII.

  9. #29
    <3 Tanner <3 TooCool's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15,116
    Liked
    8441 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    841 Post(s)

    Default

    I'm either in Chapter 7 or 8 now with about 17-18 hours of play time. Totally in love with this game. =)

    Can't really say much else since there should be no spoilers here...

    All I have to say is this though. The Paradigm Shifts. Anyone else constantly switching between this back and forth? Especially when someone is hurt, I immediately have to switch to someone that is a medic class.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

    While it seems like most of you are allergic to the "like" button, I just want to personally say thanks for looking anyway.

    Rink Dawg

  10. #30
    Out of Hibernation Watti's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,385
    Liked
    35 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Images
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    I'm either in Chapter 7 or 8 now with about 17-18 hours of play time. Totally in love with this game. =)

    Can't really say much else since there should be no spoilers here...

    All I have to say is this though. The Paradigm Shifts. Anyone else constantly switching between this back and forth? Especially when someone is hurt, I immediately have to switch to someone that is a medic class.
    Chapter 4 with 10+ hours here. Completely addicted.

    Regarding the Paradigms, yeah I'm always switching them, and the game seems to reward me for doing so, too. I've noticed that a lot of times when you do a wholesale switch (i.e. everybody changes to a different role), your ATB gauge is completely full in the new role, so you don't need to wait for it to fill. You can deal out a lot of damage and string together chains super quickly when you're active with your paradigms.

    Also, Libra/Librascope FTW.

    That's all my spoiler-free talk for now.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28