Click Here!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Mass Effect 2 & WRPG's

  1. #1
    All Star Fisch's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    4,530
    Liked
    375 times
    Karma
    1163474
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

    Default Mass Effect 2 & WRPG's

    Now I see what the hype is, I friggin' love this game so far! As a big fan of RPG's my current standard for excellence for WRPG (western-RPG's) has been Fallout 3. I won't say ME2 is better yet, but the newer game engine and the Sci-Fi setting def makes it fun. ME3 is a must buy when it comes out.

    With FO:New Vegas basically being a rehash of FO3's engine I'll still be getting the GotY edition but I know the tech will be a bit dated. Good thing though is Bethesda has a new game engine coming out for Oblivion V which I'm sure will make its way to the next FO game.

    I'll probably be getting the GotY of the new Oblivion V but I still haven't touched the GotY of Dragon Age Origin's yet, haha.

  2. #2
    Bring the Reign




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,654
    Liked
    178 times
    Karma
    1089000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

    Default

    Mass Effect is an incredible game. Probably the best game I've played this year. Better acting and script than most films produced this year as well.

  3. #3
    Tom Emanski Spokesman Frolov24's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    2,100
    Liked
    75 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I'm playing the first Mass Effect right now. I bought Mass Effect 2 first, but have been told to play the first one before moving on to ME2 as it can enhance the experience. Anyone here agree or disagree? I am liking the first one so no longer in a rush to get to ME2, though I hear ME2 is a far superior game.
    I will see you...in the next life

  4. #4
    Bring the Reign




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,654
    Liked
    178 times
    Karma
    1089000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frolov24 View Post
    I'm playing the first Mass Effect right now. I bought Mass Effect 2 first, but have been told to play the first one before moving on to ME2 as it can enhance the experience. Anyone here agree or disagree? I am liking the first one so no longer in a rush to get to ME2, though I hear ME2 is a far superior game.
    Oh my yes. Play ME. The depth of the 2nd game is great and only enhanced by your decisions and actions in the first game. I'm not kidding when I say I think the ME 'saga' is better than most films.

  5. #5
    Tom Emanski Spokesman Frolov24's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    2,100
    Liked
    75 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maddogg420 View Post
    Oh my yes. Play ME. The depth of the 2nd game is great and only enhanced by your decisions and actions in the first game. I'm not kidding when I say I think the ME 'saga' is better than most films.
    I just got to the part where I had to decide the fate of the Rachni Queen, I assume that this is the type of decision that might show up in ME2.

    So far I agree with your opinion that it surpasses a lot of Hollywood creations, can't wait to get further along.
    I will see you...in the next life

  6. #6
    All Star Fisch's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    4,530
    Liked
    375 times
    Karma
    1163474
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

    Default

    Hmm, I just spent the last 10 hrs straight playing Dragon Age: Origins GotY...haha I like it.

  7. #7
    Licensed to rock Lososaurus's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,366
    Liked
    179 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frolov24 View Post
    I just got to the part where I had to decide the fate of the Rachni Queen, I assume that this is the type of decision that might show up in ME2.

    So far I agree with your opinion that it surpasses a lot of Hollywood creations, can't wait to get further along.
    You'll come to a similar and very interesting decision in the second...

  8. #8
    That'll do pig Sylar's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,136
    Liked
    154 times
    Karma
    1004100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

    Default

    I'm a huge fan of Fallout and Oblivion but I can't get into Mass Effect for some reason.
    I started the 2nd one and wasn't really getting into it so I thought maybe I was missing something, but I had the same thing happen when I started playing the first.
    I want to like them, I really do, but I don't know what it is.

  9. #9
    woundedwarriorproject.org Dexter's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    5,507
    Liked
    2728 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Images
    4
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    192 Post(s)

    Default

    I'm the exact opposite. I could not get into Fallout and went to Mass Effect and loved it.
    Support Be the Match through Tanner's site

    http://www.bethematchfoundation.org/...&team_id=23513

  10. #10
    All Star Fisch's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    4,530
    Liked
    375 times
    Karma
    1163474
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    I'm a huge fan of Fallout and Oblivion but I can't get into Mass Effect for some reason.
    I started the 2nd one and wasn't really getting into it so I thought maybe I was missing something, but I had the same thing happen when I started playing the first.
    I want to like them, I really do, but I don't know what it is.
    I get where you're coming from a little bit. Fallout/ElderScrolls are more of an open world WRPG/Shooter's while MassEffect/Dragon Age are more linear Shooter/WRPG's.

    The game engine used by Bioware that we already get to see in the PS3 ME2 is much better than the one used by Bethesda, hopefully the new engine for Elder Scrolls V will be better.

    While all the series have a lot of missions/quests to do, the exploration aspect that is pushed in the Bethesda games is what really differentiates them.
    Last edited by Fisch; March 7th, 2011 at 05:21 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83