Click Here!
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 267

Thread: Nhl 08 Out Now!

  1. #251
    go
    go is offline
    All Star go's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    6,333
    Liked
    32 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frolovian View Post
    Ok.

    Explain to me on what premises the 360 is superior to the PS3.
    Okay I'll expand on what I was saying about NHL08.

    It runs at 60 fps on the 360 and 30 fps on the PS3.

  2. #252
    I don't rattle, kid. Kubrick's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    15,731
    Liked
    1780 times
    Karma
    1148900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    441 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by go View Post
    Okay I'll expand on what I was saying about NHL08.

    It runs at 60 fps on the 360 and 30 fps on the PS3.
    Also the online experience is must better on the 360. Yes the PS3's online is free but with so fewer users it's hard to find a good game in many games.

    I will say that the PS3 is a fine piece of machinery and when I get the chance I will be picking one up to compliment my 360.

  3. #253
    All Star




    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,942
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frolovian View Post
    Inferior product based on what?

    The PS3 is far more superior than the 360.
    a video game system is as good as the games that you can play on it. The PS3 may have greater specs and processing power but what good are they if the software manufacturers make a game for the 360 and simply port it over to the PS3? Funny thing is that several games that have been released on both platforms have performed with better frame rates and graphics on the 360 and not the PS3. NHL08 for example runs at 60fps on the 360 and only 30 fps on the PS3. Until Sony comes out with some really major games that are PS3 exclusive the 360 will continue to be a superior system for less money.

    So basically...while you are waiting for Sony to figure out what the hell they are going to do until MGS4 and a new Final Fantasy comes out 360 owners are playing games like Gears of War, Halo 3 and the like.

  4. #254
    All Star




    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,942
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Die Radio Die View Post
    Also the online experience is must better on the 360. Yes the PS3's online is free but with so fewer users it's hard to find a good game in many games.

    I will say that the PS3 is a fine piece of machinery and when I get the chance I will be picking one up to compliment my 360.
    The PS3 is definitely a fine piece of machinery. However, not at this time. A person is better off buying a 360 right now and waiting for the PS3 to hit the $300 mark. When it gets there, probably this tiem next year, I'll pick one up. Hopefully by then they will have some decent games to play because right now all it's good for is it's BluRay player and unless you are sporting a 1080p HDTV even having BluRay is pointless.

  5. #255
    Bring back Fro Frolovian's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,123
    Liked
    23 times
    Karma
    1010000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    So this is regarding the 360 version being superior to teh PS3 version?

    Ok, I'll agree with that. Because the way OrangePuck stated it, it seemed like it was just a general console war.

    But I'll say that I've played the 360 version in HD vs. my PS3 version in SD and the framerate looks identical whereas in Madden and NCAA i see a huge difference.

  6. #256
    Bring back Fro Frolovian's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,123
    Liked
    23 times
    Karma
    1010000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangePuck View Post
    a video game system is as good as the games that you can play on it. The PS3 may have greater specs and processing power but what good are they if the software manufacturers make a game for the 360 and simply port it over to the PS3? Funny thing is that several games that have been released on both platforms have performed with better frame rates and graphics on the 360 and not the PS3. NHL08 for example runs at 60fps on the 360 and only 30 fps on the PS3. Until Sony comes out with some really major games that are PS3 exclusive the 360 will continue to be a superior system for less money.

    So basically...while you are waiting for Sony to figure out what the hell they are going to do until MGS4 and a new Final Fantasy comes out 360 owners are playing games like Gears of War, Halo 3 and the like.
    Maybe because the 360 has been out for a year? maybe because developers are used to developing games on the 360 SDK in contrast to it being their first time working with the PS3 SDK?

    Where were you this past month? Ratchet and Clank and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune just came out and are being praised by game websites all over. Thats only a mere preview of the games to come on the PS3. Same thing with the 360 when it first came out. All it had going for it was Call of Duty 3 and even that got boring after you beat it.

    Also, I've been hearing about 360 users complaining about their copies of NHL 08 freezing all the time. My game has not frozen once.

  7. #257
    I don't rattle, kid. Kubrick's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    15,731
    Liked
    1780 times
    Karma
    1148900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    441 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangePuck View Post
    The PS3 is definitely a fine piece of machinery. However, not at this time. A person is better off buying a 360 right now and waiting for the PS3 to hit the $300 mark. When it gets there, probably this tiem next year, I'll pick one up. Hopefully by then they will have some decent games to play because right now all it's good for is it's BluRay player and unless you are sporting a 1080p HDTV even having BluRay is pointless.
    I want it primarily for the BluRay aspect and it's ability to upconvert standard DVDs.

    Xbox 360 limits it's DVD playback to 420p and I don't plan on buying the add-on HDDVD after all.

    Plus Heavenly Sword and God of War 3 look awesome!

    I need the ability to play all next-gen games. ALL OF THEM!!!!

  8. #258
    I don't rattle, kid. Kubrick's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    15,731
    Liked
    1780 times
    Karma
    1148900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    441 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frolovian View Post
    Also, I've been hearing about 360 users complaining about their copies of NHL 08 freezing all the time. My game has not frozen once.
    Lies and propaganda.

    Zero freezes for me.

  9. #259
    All Star




    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,942
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frolovian View Post
    Maybe because the 360 has been out for a year? maybe because developers are used to developing games on the 360 SDK in contrast to it being their first time working with the PS3 SDK?

    Where were you this past month? Ratchet and Clank and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune just came out and are being praised by game websites all over. Thats only a mere preview of the games to come on the PS3. Same thing with the 360 when it first came out. All it had going for it was Call of Duty 3 and even that got boring after you beat it.

    Also, I've been hearing about 360 users complaining about their copies of NHL 08 freezing all the time. My game has not frozen once.
    I'm not sure but I would imagine that it is easier to pull a good frame rate in SD than it is to pull it off in HD.

    I hear you about the Xbox 360 having this advantage because it's been out a year earlier but that is what a console war is all about. If you sucessfully launch before the other guy the developers will back you because that is how they make their money. When PS3 finally joined the next gen party another year is wasted while programmers learn that system. Meanwhile the 360 is out 2 years and it's full steam ahead. Another advantage that the 360 will have is that Microsoft can lower the price of the console making it even more attractive. More people will opt for the 360 because it's supported by so many games.

    In the past there have been several scenarios where a system with weak specs has kicked the crap out of a system with superior hardware. You don't have to look far back either to see an example. The PS2 owned the original Xbox by a landslide. What you see happening now is Microsoft using is $$$ to put Sony behind the console wars 8 ball.

    It's a war that Microsoft should win. I'm not going to look it up but I would imagine that Xbox is Microsoft's only losing division. Sony on the other hand has several divisions hemorraging cash so they simply can't compete with Bill Gates and his insistance that Xbox be given all the money it needs to rule any and all console wars.

    Also, it was mentioned earlier that Xbox live is better than PS3 online. That is without question. XBL was launched in 2002 and is currently in their 5th year. This is an area where Microsoft should ALWAYS dominate Sony in because, well lets face it, online is what Microsoft does. A software company will always own a company like Sony because it's their expertise. Sony beating Microsoft in this area woudl be like a high school basketball team beating an NHL hockey team. Just ain't gonna happen. Microsoft will always be one step ahead.

  10. #260
    All Star




    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,942
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Die Radio Die View Post
    I want it primarily for the BluRay aspect and it's ability to upconvert standard DVDs.

    Xbox 360 limits it's DVD playback to 420p and I don't plan on buying the add-on HDDVD after all.

    Plus Heavenly Sword and God of War 3 look awesome!

    I need the ability to play all next-gen games. ALL OF THEM!!!!
    I want it so that I can play some of their role playing games and also for the BluRay player. Especially since I believe BluRay will win the war vs HD-DVD.

    My buddy has one and I must admit...it's one sexy ass console.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83