I pre-ordered the SC special edition during the E3 presale specials up here only because we were in (and won) the Cup.
If EA had half a brain, they would know how stupid their "cover vote" was letting Giroux win and put a tiny pic of him on the back cover with the rest featuring everything LA!
Price is $20 over the regular one, so $79. The E3 pre-order we had (@ Best Buy) up here was $10 off and then $10 in RZ points.
From: NHL 13 Stanley Cup Collector's Edition - with Bonus! for Xbox 360 | EBGames
NHL 13 Stanley Cup Collector's Edition
- $40 of added value including a full copy of NHL 13
- Two Stanley Cup® Theme Hockey Ultimate Team packs featuring randomized player items from the Western and Eastern Conference Champions
- Gold Jumbo Hockey Ultimate Team Pack (Regular) featuring 24 randomized items, including an exclusive Wayne Gretzky Hockey Ultimate Team Legend and six other rare items
- A CCM Boost Pack featuring the all-new CCM RBZ stick (For use in Be a Pro and EA SPORTS Hockey League)
- A 10% discount on a one-time purchase at shop.NHL.com
- Exclusive collectible Stanley Cup® tin featuring an embossed Stanley Cup image
In other words, the Collector's Edition only caters to people who like the Ultimate Hockey Team card thing.
I don't play that mode anyway, so regular version it is!
Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool
Stupid EA. It sounds more like a Limited Edition than a Collector's Edition. EA is getting worse and worse. I want physical items not virtual items. I do like the embossed Stanley Cup tin but I don't think it warrants an extra $20. But that's just me.
The only way I'd pay for it is if it had more EASHL stuff. That's the only mode I play, if I'm going to spend the extra $20, I'd rather just buy boost slots and +5's for my player...which I'll probably end up doing anyway.
"This is for you, Kings players who have EVER worn the Kings uniform, and Kings fans wherever you may be, all the frustration and disappointment of the past is GONE! The 45 year drought is over! The Los Angeles Kings are INDEED, the Kings of the National Hockey League, the 2012 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!" - Bob Miller
"The long wait is over, after 45 years, the Kings can wear their crown! The Los Angeles Kings have won the Stanley Cup!!!" - Nick Nickson