I pre-ordered the SC special edition during the E3 presale specials up here only because we were in (and won) the Cup.
If EA had half a brain, they would know how stupid their "cover vote" was letting Giroux win and put a tiny pic of him on the back cover with the rest featuring everything LA!
Price is $20 over the regular one, so $79. The E3 pre-order we had (@ Best Buy) up here was $10 off and then $10 in RZ points.
From: NHL 13 Stanley Cup Collector's Edition - with Bonus! for Xbox 360 | EBGames
NHL 13 Stanley Cup Collector's Edition
- $40 of added value including a full copy of NHL 13
- Two Stanley Cup® Theme Hockey Ultimate Team packs featuring randomized player items from the Western and Eastern Conference Champions
- Gold Jumbo Hockey Ultimate Team Pack (Regular) featuring 24 randomized items, including an exclusive Wayne Gretzky Hockey Ultimate Team Legend and six other rare items
- A CCM Boost Pack featuring the all-new CCM RBZ stick (For use in Be a Pro and EA SPORTS Hockey League)
- A 10% discount on a one-time purchase at shop.NHL.com
- Exclusive collectible Stanley Cup® tin featuring an embossed Stanley Cup image
In other words, the Collector's Edition only caters to people who like the Ultimate Hockey Team card thing.
I don't play that mode anyway, so regular version it is!
Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool
While it seems like most of you are allergic to the "like" button, I just want to personally say thanks for looking anyway.
Stupid EA. It sounds more like a Limited Edition than a Collector's Edition. EA is getting worse and worse. I want physical items not virtual items. I do like the embossed Stanley Cup tin but I don't think it warrants an extra $20. But that's just me.
The only way I'd pay for it is if it had more EASHL stuff. That's the only mode I play, if I'm going to spend the extra $20, I'd rather just buy boost slots and +5's for my player...which I'll probably end up doing anyway.