July 4th, 2007, 05:24 PM #11
"Also for the first time, EA has acquired the AHL license, including all 29 AHL teams. Players will be able to play develop talent through the AHL, and call up their prospects to play in the big leagues."
08 that is...
July 4th, 2007, 05:58 PM #12
Just do what I do every year. Get the game pass for a month then rent each of them. Then buy the best one. If they both suck well at least u still have the other 29 days to rent any other game.
July 13th, 2007, 06:36 PM #13
July 16th, 2007, 10:21 AM #14
Looks like the web page is up - just not linked from their page:
NHL 2K8 is back with a completely new NHL experience. More information coming soon!
- NHL Signature Style - Fully redesigned next-gen player models with accurate equipment and updated player faces brings you the most realistic hockey game to date.
- All-New Goaltending - Goaltending has been completely overhauled with instinctive AI, entirely new animations, and situation specific behaviors. Goaltenders will now come out and challenge, guard the post, perform spectacular butterfly saves, and much more!
- Revolutionary Controls - A ground breaking control system delivers an incomparable experience that will forever transcend the hockey videogame genre. More details to come soon!
- Deeper Franchise - Take control of the DEEPEST franchise mode in the business, now complete with realistic CBA features including waivers, two-way contracts, restricted and unrestricted free agents, and salary cap management. Off-season has also been revamped, boasting a brand new negotiation system, improved draft, and refurbished free agent signing. Topping off everything is the addition of an all-new player progression system and dynamic player types!
July 27th, 2007, 09:43 AM #15
vids and screen shots are up. Looks nice!
July 27th, 2007, 12:11 PM #16
NHL 08 will be much better.
July 27th, 2007, 01:28 PM #17
ah, the endless debate
ea vs. 2k
(graphics vs. game play)
+ has always looks beautiful and been innovative (control stick, etc)
+jaw dropping graphics and detailed faces
- often a massively buggy product (will they EVER be able to fix the goaltending bugs??????)
- almost responsible for the death of my gaming systems from the rage it has caused, yet it looks so damn good doing it
+ more realistic feel and gameplay
+ great AI (d is tough and so are the goalies)
- not as pretty to look at
+ stable and few bugs
- physical teams > finesse (does Brian Burke play this?) There should be a balance
July 27th, 2007, 01:32 PM #18
I didn't play NHL 2k7 but in my long history or purchasing and playing 2K games you could the only person ever to say EA has a massively buggy product while the 2K product is stable and features few bugs. Wacky.
Originally Posted by evilgeek
July 27th, 2007, 02:19 PM #19
i read about the freezes that people spoke of and never experienced them. I did not play 2k6 on the 360, but on the regular xbox. 2k7 froze on me a couple of times, but that went away after i exchanged my 360 system for a new one (costco rocks!).
Originally Posted by Die Radio Die
my biggest complaint on the EA platform was the every goalie since v'98 was as stable as Cloutier in his worst game last season. I will, however, admit that I only played NHL07 a couple of times and didnt give it a proper chance for that version.
having two good products to choose from isnt exactly a bad thing if it comes to that....
July 27th, 2007, 02:23 PM #20
Yeah I'm waiting until both demos come out before deciding which to purchase. They both look great this year that's for sure.
Originally Posted by evilgeek