He shoots! He scores! And the crowd goes wild! That was a top shelf goal, folks!
Love hockey? We do too, and that's why we brought our deep experience developing sport management sims to the sport with the newest game we're adding to our lineup. As in OOTP, our upcoming hockey game will let you take over a team and make all the decisions: hire and fire coaches; sign, release, and trade players; oversee financials; and dictate game-time strategy, including when to pull your goalie, which lines to use when, and more.
We know you're anxious to learn more, so here's a rundown to get you started:
1. What exactly is the Hockey Project?
The Hockey Project is a career hockey text sim game for PC and Mac, similar to OOTP, FM and EHM.
2. You're calling it the Hockey Project?
No, that's just our placeholder name until we come up with the final one.
3. When will the Hockey Project be released?
The release is planned for late 2012 (Q4).
4. What is the history of the project?
The project is based on a game I did before I joined OOTP Developments. I worked on it as a hobby with a friend of mine. I had to stop when I started my work on iOOTP Baseball 2011, but my friend continued his work alone.
5. Who will work on the project?
My friend Malte will join OOTP Developments and works full-time on the project. I will support him as coder, designer and community manager, but only in times I have no work to do for iOOTP or other OOTP products. Markus and Andreas will not be involved with any work on the project. They will only help out with some design decisions and general experience. So Markus and Andreas will not lose any time for OOTP 13 development and I will not lose any time for iOOTP 2012 development.
6. How close will the Hockey Project be to OOTP Baseball?
We aim for a similar look and feel as OOTP 13 so everyone who likes OOTP and hockey will feel at home. Additionally, we have a lot of influences from European games like FM, EHM and some old German manager games. OOTP and the Hockey Project will share some source code in the future (wherever it makes sense).
7. What are the planned features?
Important: the following list is not complete and may change during development.
- Single-player career mode for the 2012/2013 season.
- Included minimum leagues (playable): NHL, AHL, ECHL, QMJHL, OHL and WHL. Additional leagues (from Europe) will depend on the number of Researchers we can acquire.
- Dynamic News and Event system (based on XML files)
- Editable Injury system (based on external file)
- Online Leagues
- All League Rules, Leagues, Player and Teams are editable.
- Stats, Stats and more Stats (hey, we are OOTP Developments)
8. How can I help with the project?
In the near future we will start to recruit Researchers to work on all the leagues we want to include. Later, we will add additional beta testers to the team. More possible positions we might add later are French translators and writers for news, injuries and other related stuff. We will start threads on this topic soon, but if you have interest to help out, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org