Click Here!
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 91

Thread: PS3 - 80GB with MGS4 and Dual Shock 3 Bundle

  1. #81
    Trouble Will Find Me Big Red's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,924
    Liked
    639 times
    Karma
    1017137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

    Default

    whew! i just finished the game. that last cut scene was looooong. i've never played any of the previous metal gear games, but i still really enjoyed the game. i was lost on the storyline half the time. i think that even if you had played the previous games, you'd still be a little confused. the animation and graphics were top notch. really show the power of the ps3 IMHO. i think i'll play through it again later, but i'll probably skip through the cut scenes
    Cornell Hockey - LETS GO RED!

    "I love this f***ing team right here."

  2. #82
    Still here.... DRice's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    3,966
    Liked
    399 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)

    Default

    I'm still trying to find one. Apparently Sony is doing so well they don't want or need my money.
    LA Kings Hockey - Disappointing Kings fans since 1967!

    LA Kings Hockey - 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!

  3. #83
    Trouble Will Find Me Big Red's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,924
    Liked
    639 times
    Karma
    1017137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DRice View Post
    I'm still trying to find one. Apparently Sony is doing so well they don't want or need my money.
    i saw 4 in stock at the Hawthorne, CA Best Buy.
    Cornell Hockey - LETS GO RED!

    "I love this f***ing team right here."

  4. #84
    KBA4life
    Guest

    Default

    I just beat the game late last night. Great stuff! Going back to shadow moses in Act 4 was actually fairly emotional...best game ever imo

  5. #85
    Elegant Diehard's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    9,472
    Liked
    992 times
    Karma
    1195000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

    Default

    I just got the Metal Gear Essential Collection last week (it's got Metal Gear 1-3). Metal Gear 1 was ****ing awesome. Wish I had played it when it came out.

    Metal Gear 2's been pretty awesome so far. Kind of a pain trying to collect all those ****ing dog tags though.

  6. #86
    All Star Fisch's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    4,534
    Liked
    375 times
    Karma
    1163474
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

    Default

    YAY, I just got my 80g MGS4 bundle!!! I also picked up the essential, COD4 and a racing game Grid!

  7. #87
    go
    go is offline
    All Star go's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    6,333
    Liked
    32 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by go View Post
    I decided not to get the PS3.

    Just not enough time in the day to play the 360 and the PS3, currently into GTAIV. Also there are many other games to play, never played Bioshock for instance, and DVD quality movies are good enough.

    Perhaps I'll pick up MGS4 when they port it over to the 360. Heh!
    I couldn't help myself.. I must have money burning a hole in my pocket. Or is it all the OT I have been working. I bought it from Amazon this morning. Getting it tomorrow. This PS3 better be worth it.

  8. #88
    go
    go is offline
    All Star go's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    6,333
    Liked
    32 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    My 4 day review of PS3.

    The Good... MGS4 - I've played through most of ACT 1. Wow, best MGS game I have played, better graphics than anything I have seen on 360 so far. Bluray - pretty pretty good. Best HDTV on my TV yet.

    The Bad... Saw two movies on it this weekend on it. Rented from Netflix. One of them stopped halfway through, looked at the disc and no scratches or dust, hmm.. The second disc at first had a purple hue to the picture, restarted the player and it went away. It took 8 minutes to load up MGS4?!@ Interface not quite as good as 360s.

    Overall - I love it. Glad I waited for this version. I can't think of playing games without the vibration. Can't wait to try Uncharted.

  9. #89
    Mr. Irreverent
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by go View Post
    My 4 day review of PS3.

    The Good... MGS4 - I've played through most of ACT 1. Wow, best MGS game I have played, better graphics than anything I have seen on 360 so far. Bluray - pretty pretty good. Best HDTV on my TV yet.

    The Bad... Saw two movies on it this weekend on it. Rented from Netflix. One of them stopped halfway through, looked at the disc and no scratches or dust, hmm.. The second disc at first had a purple hue to the picture, restarted the player and it went away. It took 8 minutes to load up MGS4?!@ Interface not quite as good as 360s.

    Overall - I love it. Glad I waited for this version. I can't think of playing games without the vibration. Can't wait to try Uncharted.
    Netflix has had some trouble with Blu-ray discs, i don't think it was your PS3. Did you download the newest PS3 firmware yet?

  10. #90
    go
    go is offline
    All Star go's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    6,333
    Liked
    32 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Irreverent View Post
    Netflix has had some trouble with Blu-ray discs, i don't think it was your PS3. Did you download the newest PS3 firmware yet?
    Yes, I downloaded the firmware. I even did it again last night.

    This also takes a bit longer than I like. But oh well.

    I also tried the Pixel Junk Eden demo last night. Funky 2-D physics game. I might even buy it.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28