June 1st, 2009, 07:15 PM #251
Lol yeah it really is. But I gotta admit, there's nothing like a clean shot block when they are doing the pull and drag or slapshot. A new thing I've been doing recently is when a couple of you are chasing a guy behind the net and he breaks free and tries the wrap-around, I hit him hard enough to knock the puck away. Make sure you guys watch out for wrap-arounds too.
June 1st, 2009, 08:06 PM #252
I hate the "clipping" of the net - I get stuck behind it and cant get away lol. yeah, I usually am on the wrap arounds, I'm not quite good enough at defending those, however. bad coordination lol.
June 1st, 2009, 09:25 PM #253
Lol yeah I feel retarded sometimes cause I get stuck on the net and sit there like an idiot trying to get off of it and we get scored on.
June 1st, 2009, 10:31 PM #254
Looking to play my first online game, anyone care to show me the ropes?
Last edited by Fropitar; June 1st, 2009 at 10:39 PM.
June 1st, 2009, 11:25 PM #255
get an invite from either kinglakerfan or benkido, then go to performance tracker in your main menu, and edit your player, then edit your stats - you have 3 points in each category to start with, I think.
Originally Posted by Fropitar
as you earn on-line cards, you'll get more playing time.
it is a very different game than being off-line. make sure you play your position and pass the puck. trust that the rest of us will get our jobs done. also, if you play forward especially, the L1-Right stick deke move is HUGE. you never really need it playing off-line but you'll need it all the time playing in club.
the best way to score right off the bat are cross crease passes. if you are going in the zone with one other player, just be on the far side of the goalie with L2 held down and the shoot button up for a one timer. they'll get you the pass and it is the easiest way to score (other than pull/drag cheese goals).
see you out there!
June 5th, 2009, 04:31 PM #256
I think I'm coming to the realization that the probability of me getting from B+ to A- and the legend card won't happen before NHL '10 comes out.
June 5th, 2009, 04:44 PM #257
I think it's weird you haven't gotten it yet. You play more positionally and pass the puck more than I do lol.
I keep getting these grades every game now: A, C+, A+. Lol not that it matters anymore, but I don't feel like my team play should be that low. Maybe it's cause when it's only me and Kwan, I tend to call for the puck more since the AI gets hit by the opposing players so much.
I'm nervous about NHL 10 coming out cause I'm not too sure how soon I'd be able to get it. Which sucks cause I really wanna keep playing online with you guys, and I'm excited for the new features.
June 5th, 2009, 06:58 PM #258
So I'm just fed up with this game. I am now taking a break until I get the urge again. Here are a few things I am SO TIRED of experiencing:
1. The cheese from the top of the circle....which has expanded to include THE ENTIRE ZONE.
2. Goals that creep through the goalies pads when the player is on the goal line approaching the net. It's not even a decent shot!
3. Wraparounds. Haven't these been a problem since FOREVER? I can't remember the last game that had goalies that could stop the wraps...and it's still a major exploit.
4. Playing perfect positional D, and one of those 5'6'' 160 lb. midgets skate by you so you bump/check them and they aren't affected...AT ALL! It almost gives them a nudge to speed up! I'm sorry but those little punks shouldn't be given such an offensive advantage.
5. The force field that seems to go around players who deke. I've got you lined up for a check, you deke, you are still gonna die...then WOOP...like two electrons we just repel each other. Not a bump...not a check...not even slowed down.
6. The cross-crease goals. And not because of the goals themselves, but because the defense STOPS skating and looks up at a non-existent hot chick in the stands...GOAL. The stupidity of the cpu D plus the goalie who refuses to poke check or stop the puck right in front of him drives me insane.
7. A long distance pass that goes though you even if you are standing in its path. Hell it might go through 2 people if you're lucky. Breakaway....goal. Not to mention if a pass goes past you and you are skating backwards, for some reason you make a complete stop, then turn around and chase the guy who is gonna shoot one of those cheese shots...and expletives ensue.
8. The rampant penalties for elbowing, cross-checking, charging, etc. that we DON'T have a button for. Come on, you spend so much time trying to line those little bastards up for a hit, and then you do....but wait...you pushed your elbowing button.
9. Waiting for SOOOOOO long to get a game in the EASHL. Enough said.
10. (fill in the blank)
Now I know we benefit from the same crap. But that's exactly it. I'm even tired of benefitting from it. Ugh. Some of you guys probably tolerate this better than I do, so please keep playing lol. But I won't be playing for a few weeks, at least in the EASHL. Hit me up if you wanna play some vs. games and maybe I will. Otherwise its back to LittleBigPlanet and I might even replay GTAIV.
July 10th, 2009, 01:47 PM #259
Anyone going to be on this afternoon? Might jump on...been busy with the GF so haven't played in a long time.
July 10th, 2009, 04:14 PM #260
Yeah I'm sure Kwan and I will be, as well as dvyps.