Click Here!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: UFC 2009 Undisputed

  1. #1
    Oink Oink Oink! Diablito93's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,107
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile UFC 2009 Undisputed

    I've read a few reviews and they ran from 7.5 to about 8.5. A few buddies tell me it's a lot of fun once you get the hang of it. Anyone have it or tried it out yet? I have a 360 so reviews on that would be even more helpful.



  2. #2
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    It is a really fun game. They did a good job of balancing the stand up game and the ground game. If you want to win via stand up you can you just have to know how to defend takedowns. Conversly you can win fights with the ground game just as long as you can defend some stand up.

    Graphically the game looks great, the top fighters are very life like and they did good of portraying them as well. The Georges St. Pierre in the game kicks the same way that the real life GSP does, for instance. It's a bit too hard to pull off submissions but that is a minor thing.

    The career mode is fun, but it can get tedious. Training your fighter and building up his attributes is more of a chore, but it's worthwhile. The game is fun as long as you have people you can play against. The online play is ok but it can get a bit laggy.

    If you are an MMA fan this game is a must buy.

  3. #3
    Oink Oink Oink! Diablito93's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,107
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUcruz View Post
    It is a really fun game. They did a good job of balancing the stand up game and the ground game. If you want to win via stand up you can you just have to know how to defend takedowns. Conversly you can win fights with the ground game just as long as you can defend some stand up.

    Graphically the game looks great, the top fighters are very life like and they did good of portraying them as well. The Georges St. Pierre in the game kicks the same way that the real life GSP does, for instance. It's a bit too hard to pull off submissions but that is a minor thing.

    The career mode is fun, but it can get tedious. Training your fighter and building up his attributes is more of a chore, but it's worthwhile. The game is fun as long as you have people you can play against. The online play is ok but it can get a bit laggy.

    If you are an MMA fan this game is a must buy.
    Thanks for your input bro! I'll definately have to pick it up! I play online a lot, and with a 10mbps connection I'm hoping it should play smooth.

  4. #4
    Stabbin' you with love SuperCalo2000's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,749
    Liked
    1017 times
    Karma
    1042400
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)

    Default

    My brother LOVES this game. He is also into MMA. He bought the last copy at his local 711 because they were sold out everywhere else.

  5. #5
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diablito93 View Post
    Thanks for your input bro! I'll definately have to pick it up! I play online a lot, and with a 10mbps connection I'm hoping it should play smooth.
    My gameter tag is the same as my name on LGK so look me up. We'll play online for sure.

    Also I got my copy at Bestbuy. I don't know if its still going on but they gave me a $10 dollar gift card and a free UFC DVD to go along with it so check there if you get a chance.

  6. #6
    Oink Oink Oink! Diablito93's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,107
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUcruz View Post
    My gameter tag is the same as my name on LGK so look me up. We'll play online for sure.

    Also I got my copy at Bestbuy. I don't know if its still going on but they gave me a $10 dollar gift card and a free UFC DVD to go along with it so check there if you get a chance.
    sweeeet!!!

  7. #7
    Sick Geno ya plug P. Diddy's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,393
    Liked
    863 times
    Karma
    148446071
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    213 Post(s)

    Default

    that promotion is over and all of the best buy's in my district are out =/ i work there and i can't even get it!

  8. #8
    <3 Tanner <3 TooCool's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15,118
    Liked
    8441 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    841 Post(s)

    Default

    The first ones are usually "bad", from my personal experience anyway. I'll wait for UFC 2010 or whatever the next one is called.

    The reviews have been great though, but not good enough for me to try it.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

    While it seems like most of you are allergic to the "like" button, I just want to personally say thanks for looking anyway.

    Rink Dawg

  9. #9
    Oink Oink Oink! Diablito93's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,107
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Added a bunch of you guys to my friends list on xbox live. same nickname as here.

  10. #10
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    The first ones are usually "bad", from my personal experience anyway. I'll wait for UFC 2010 or whatever the next one is called.

    The reviews have been great though, but not good enough for me to try it.
    Try the demo if you get the chance. I'm sure the next games will be good as well but this one is great. The "first ones" came out awhile ago for PS 2 and they were horrible.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28