Click Here!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: What to do with my Wii...

  1. #1
    A La Cuisine! GregDM's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    748
    Liked
    9 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default What to do with my Wii...

    So, I was driving back from a trip last week and ended up in a Gamestop in Elko, Nevada. I asked the clerk, "hey, you wouldn't have a Wii by chance, would you?" He said that they did have one left, and he was surprised they even had one. So, I bought it. I was looking for one a while ago, couldn't find it and then forgot about it until the shop in Elko.

    So, I have a Wii. I haven't opened it. I don't know if I want it. What should I do with it? I've played one once, for a couple of hours, and had fun... But, does the novelty last? I can't find many games I'm interested in, and other than the controllers, the system isn't up to spec with the competition.

    If you have a Wii, do you still like it? Do you still play it? If you're a guy, will your girlfriend or wife play it with you? If you bought a 360 or PS3, why?

    Also, I just found out my new boss wants a Wii for his kid. Hmm..

    Thanks!!
    Last edited by GregDM; August 20th, 2007 at 04:20 PM.

  2. #2
    job
    job is offline
    Gross Impressions job's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,755
    Liked
    499 times
    Karma
    31527760
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

    Default

    I love when my girlfriend plays with my Wii.

  3. #3
    MadMax
    Guest

    Default

    I would open it if i were you. There are quite a bit of good games actually for it. Its not for the same game consumer as a 360 because i just think of it as more for a casual gamer. PS3 seems like a big waste of $$$ due to not having any quality games and that developers are having a hard time developing games for the system due to something beyond my comprehension. Basically put. Are you a super serious gamer or a casual one. Resident Evil 4 was probably the best game i have played on any system in a loooooooooooong time.

  4. #4
    All Star Dana's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    7,091
    Liked
    397 times
    Karma
    1015000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

    Default

    My cousin (He's 17) has a Wii and our whole family will play it if he brings it over when we have family get-togethers. His parents, my parents, my uncles, my sister and I, a few of my sister's friends etc. We're usually playing the Wii Sports games though. I don't think you'd have a problem getting a girlfriend/wife person to play. They also have a PS3 but I think he enjoys having both.

    He was in the same situation you were with but with his PS3. He went to Best Buy on a Sunday shortly after they came out, a few hours after the store opened, figured there was no way they had any left, went up to the customer service desk and asked and the guy was like "We've got one right here, last one left" so at that point he kind of felt that he and his brother had to buy one since it was right there. Then they sat there and stared at it debating whether or not to open it but they finally did.

  5. #5
    HawkeyeXP
    Guest

    Default

    what to send it to me?

  6. #6
    Let the kids play ASUcruz's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    11,858
    Liked
    21 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
    I would open it if i were you. There are quite a bit of good games actually for it. Its not for the same game consumer as a 360 because i just think of it as more for a casual gamer. PS3 seems like a big waste of $$$ due to not having any quality games and that developers are having a hard time developing games for the system due to something beyond my comprehension.
    It's not a collosal waste of money if you want a Blu-Ray DVD player. Seeing as a standalone Blu Ray player is quite pricey. Thing is, Blu-Ray might not win out.

    I think they will develop some good games for PS3. It'll just take awhile.

    Meanwhile, I'm very satisfied with my 360.

  7. #7
    The Icy Lake Damien C's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,679
    Liked
    27 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I got mine at launch, and ran through Zelda pretty quickly. Wii Sports was fun for a long time, and is a great party game, but for me, that was about it. I quickly turned to the Virtual Console and old Gamecube games. Without those, my Wii would've been collecting dust like a mummy. Now with the RE4 Wii Edition out, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Mario Galaxy, and Super Smash Brothers, things are looking up for games on the Wii.

    But my next purchase will be a 360 for Halo 3, GTA, and RE5 (should that not come to Wii).

    Edit: My GF and 24 year old brother love Wii Sports. Also, I'm 22.

  8. #8
    <3 Tanner <3 TooCool's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15,118
    Liked
    8442 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    841 Post(s)

    Default

    I personally gave up on the Wii (for now).

    It's just absolutely ridiculous that Nintendo can't mass produce this stuff. I know about the whole Supply and Demand... blah blah. But it's still no excuse after 6-7 months of release that it still wasn't in stores.

    It wasn't until 2-3 weeks ago, when I saw a bunch of Wiis at a few Targets in Pasadena and Duarte areas. I didn't even bother to get it. Got frustrated with Nintendo personally.

    But as for you. I don't know what games you enjoy. But the Big 3 is soon out. Those are... Metroid Prime 3, Mario Galaxy, and the most important one... Smash Bros Brawl.

    I will pick up my Wii around November, when Brawl gets closer and closer to its release date.

    I personally don't think any game out for the Wii now is currently "Awesome" and "Must haves", but I just wanted it to try out Wii Sports really. Plus it would be fun with my cousins. But I can do that during Christmas holidays.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

    While it seems like most of you are allergic to the "like" button, I just want to personally say thanks for looking anyway.

    Rink Dawg

  9. #9
    Bring on Vancouver! USCKingsFan31's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,391
    Liked
    1954 times
    Karma
    1370828
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    267 Post(s)

    Default

    Can definitely wait on PS3. I have loved Playstation since day 1, and loved the PS2 as well. As is always the case on new systems, it takes a while for developers to get used to the system's coding. My bro just bought a PS3, and many of the games look much choppier/worse than my current PS2 games. (Which, by the way, upgrading to a slim PS2 at $125 is a frigging bargain. I'll be happy to stay with this for a WHILE).

    So it really comes down to 360 and Wii while you wait for PS3's prices to drop. Since you've GOT the Wii, might as well go for it.

  10. #10
    MadMax
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    My cousin (He's 17) has a Wii and our whole family will play it if he brings it over when we have family get-togethers. His parents, my parents, my uncles, my sister and I, a few of my sister's friends etc. We're usually playing the Wii Sports games though. I don't think you'd have a problem getting a girlfriend/wife person to play. They also have a PS3 but I think he enjoys having both.

    He was in the same situation you were with but with his PS3. He went to Best Buy on a Sunday shortly after they came out, a few hours after the store opened, figured there was no way they had any left, went up to the customer service desk and asked and the guy was like "We've got one right here, last one left" so at that point he kind of felt that he and his brother had to buy one since it was right there. Then they sat there and stared at it debating whether or not to open it but they finally did.
    PS3 are everywhere now. Its not difficult to find one anymore. They might just have been told it was the last one so they could get rid of another PS3.

    Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    I personally gave up on the Wii (for now).

    It's just absolutely ridiculous that Nintendo can't mass produce this stuff. I know about the whole Supply and Demand... blah blah. But it's still no excuse after 6-7 months of release that it still wasn't in stores.

    It wasn't until 2-3 weeks ago, when I saw a bunch of Wiis at a few Targets in Pasadena and Duarte areas. I didn't even bother to get it. Got frustrated with Nintendo personally.

    But as for you. I don't know what games you enjoy. But the Big 3 is soon out. Those are... Metroid Prime 3, Mario Galaxy, and the most important one... Smash Bros Brawl.

    I will pick up my Wii around November, when Brawl gets closer and closer to its release date.

    I personally don't think any game out for the Wii now is currently "Awesome" and "Must haves", but I just wanted it to try out Wii Sports really. Plus it would be fun with my cousins. But I can do that during Christmas holidays.
    Get Resident Evil 4. The game is soooooo f'in awesesome that i cant spell awesesesome right. In addition to the fact that the game is only
    $29.99!!!! Best $30 i've spent on ANY video game in forever!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28