Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 248
Like Tree185Likes

Thread: Xbox One

  1. #141
    <3 Tanner <3 TooCool's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    16,673
    Liked
    5102 times
    Karma
    2147479065
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1413 Post(s)

    Default

    Accessory prices announced and it's gonna be ugly.

    Xbox One Controller, Headset, and Play and Charge Kit Priced - IGN

    The Xbox One's wireless controller will cost $59.99, and adding the Play and Charge Kit will set you back a total of $74.99. If you just need an extra charge kit, that will cost $24.99. Lastly, the Chat Headset is priced at $24.99, which you may want since Microsoft won't be including a headset with the Xbox One.
    Each of the Xbox One accessories cost $10 more than Microsoft's current price for their Xbox 360 counterparts.
    I just bought a new 360 controller at Best Buy last Friday because it was on "sale". Normal price of 50 bucks, it was 40. Still pricey as hell but these controllers are freaking fragile. I don't ever throw my controllers and I always keep it in the best condition possible.

    It's just with Call of Duty, I click on the left thumbstick to run so much that well, that part tends to break more often than not. It just clicks and then my character stops moving. The same thing with NHL games, I use the poke check button so much that my right bumper stops working.. lol. Even though I'm only replacing my controllers at least once every 8-10 months, it just adds up big time.

    I won't be surprised if the Playstation 4 controllers will cost just as much. I'm just sad that these companies are trying to squeeze every last penny out of us every chance they get. The bottom line is... a controller should not cost as much as a new video game. That's just ridiculous.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

    While it seems like most of you are allergic to the "like" button, I just want to personally say thanks for looking anyway.

    Rink Dawg

  2. #142
    Team Melf. Dexter's Avatar



    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    5,826
    Liked
    1871 times
    Karma
    35051
    Images
    4
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    281 Post(s)

    Default

    I wouldn't say they are fragile... They survive many wall attacks during Call of Duty.
    Cross Traffic likes this.
    Support Be the Match through Tanner's site

    http://www.bethematchfoundation.org/...&team_id=23513

  3. #143
    Is this me? DotUKings's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,845
    Liked
    99 times
    Karma
    1087500
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Accessory prices announced and it's gonna be ugly.

    Xbox One Controller, Headset, and Play and Charge Kit Priced - IGN

    The Xbox One's wireless controller will cost $59.99, and adding the Play and Charge Kit will set you back a total of $74.99. If you just need an extra charge kit, that will cost $24.99. Lastly, the Chat Headset is priced at $24.99, which you may want since Microsoft won't be including a headset with the Xbox One.
    Each of the Xbox One accessories cost $10 more than Microsoft's current price for their Xbox 360 counterparts.
    I just bought a new 360 controller at Best Buy last Friday because it was on "sale". Normal price of 50 bucks, it was 40. Still pricey as hell but these controllers are freaking fragile. I don't ever throw my controllers and I always keep it in the best condition possible.

    It's just with Call of Duty, I click on the left thumbstick to run so much that well, that part tends to break more often than not. It just clicks and then my character stops moving. The same thing with NHL games, I use the poke check button so much that my right bumper stops working.. lol. Even though I'm only replacing my controllers at least once every 8-10 months, it just adds up big time.

    I won't be surprised if the Playstation 4 controllers will cost just as much. I'm just sad that these companies are trying to squeeze every last penny out of us every chance they get. The bottom line is... a controller should not cost as much as a new video game. That's just ridiculous.
    It's not like these are NES controllers though. When you look at the price of a console controller versus a mouse or keyboard for computer gaming, I'd it's all pretty even really.

  4. #144
    1st Scoring Line RoyalSubject's Avatar




    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,955
    Liked
    4651 times
    Karma
    17707760
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    300 Post(s)

    Default

    Suddenly the price of an Evil Controller doesn't seem so outrageous.

  5. #145
    Metal Legend Vargsmal's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    8,470
    Liked
    539 times
    Karma
    16310862
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    303 Post(s)

    Default

    I think I'm giving up on consoles now. These cash grabs are just getting (already are) really ridiculous.

  6. #146
    Is this me? DotUKings's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,845
    Liked
    99 times
    Karma
    1087500
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargsmal View Post
    I think I'm giving up on consoles now. These cash grabs are just getting (already are) really ridiculous.
    Lol cash grabs? So you don't use a mouse and keyboard with a computer?

    It's $10 more for something that was previously built and priced when bush was in office.

  7. #147
    Darryl Sutter has a posse SuperCalo2000's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,821
    Liked
    523 times
    Karma
    1052400
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)

    Default

    You also have to factor in the extras in tech on the controller. They also sell the systems at a loss, probably break even (or make a small profit) on accessories and of course make their cash on games. Sure its a lot of cash but it's not $100.

  8. #148
    Team LGK Shaddy's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    732
    Liked
    839 times
    Karma
    180216533
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)

    Default

    So I pre ordered the Day One Edition... Guess I'm getting both consoles on release
    SuperCalo2000 likes this.

  9. #149
    Is this me? DotUKings's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,845
    Liked
    99 times
    Karma
    1087500
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaddy View Post
    So I pre ordered the Day One Edition... Guess I'm getting both consoles on release
    From one gamer to another, enjoy!
    SuperCalo2000 and Shaddy like this.

  10. #150
    <3 Tanner <3 TooCool's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    16,673
    Liked
    5102 times
    Karma
    2147479065
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1413 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaddy View Post
    So I pre ordered the Day One Edition... Guess I'm getting both consoles on release
    Cool, but just wondering... what did Microsoft do to make you change your mind?
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

    While it seems like most of you are allergic to the "like" button, I just want to personally say thanks for looking anyway.

    Rink Dawg

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66