Click Here!
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 248
Like Tree185Likes

Thread: Xbox One

  1. #71
    Video Game First Liner Ecktore's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,520
    Liked
    1162 times
    Karma
    1015254
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DotUKings View Post
    I have Internet, so it doesn't bother me any. Technology is moving forward not backwards.
    Technology moving foward has NOTHING to do with requiring the console to be connected to the internet at all times. It's a stupid move by Microsoft.
    Pucker25, Dexter, DRGinLBC and 5 others like this.

  2. #72
    <3 Tanner <3 TooCool's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    16,527
    Liked
    4848 times
    Karma
    2147403698
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1354 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ecktore View Post
    Technology moving foward has NOTHING to do with requiring the console to be connected to the internet at all times. It's a stupid move by Microsoft.
    I agree. Before the Xbox One and PS4 was announced, I thought Microsoft was gaining ground... big time. It's no secret that the 360 is the most popular system in the United States. The only reason Sony "won" the console war is because they sold more consoles worldwide, mostly thanks to Japan. Those Japanese people are really loyal and only supported Nintendo and Sony and refused to buy anything American related like Microsoft.

    Either way, Microsoft was on its way up. But now, they are going to fall way down. Quite possibly right back to Nintendo's level with their failure of a system (Wii-U).

    I like all the systems and what they bring to the table, but what Microsoft is doing is ridiculous. They're playing the perfect villian role and everyone (including me now) would like to see them fail. Just for ****s and giggles.
    BadIdea likes this.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

    While it seems like most of you are allergic to the "like" button, I just want to personally say thanks for looking anyway.

    Rink Dawg

  3. #73
    Video Game First Liner Ecktore's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,520
    Liked
    1162 times
    Karma
    1015254
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)

    Default

    So, I know this sounds paranoid, but did you guys ever read about the time Target sent coupons for baby items to a teenage girl?

    How Target Figured Out A Teen Girl Was Pregnant Before Her Father Did - Forbes

    Micro$oft wants to know you without having to know you.

  4. #74
    Is this me? DotUKings's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,829
    Liked
    94 times
    Karma
    1087500
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ecktore View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DotUKings View Post
    I have Internet, so it doesn't bother me any. Technology is moving forward not backwards.
    Technology moving foward has NOTHING to do with requiring the console to be connected to the internet at all times. It's a stupid move by Microsoft.
    I disagree. Everyone has their own opinions. I find playing games online more enjoyable than by myself to begin with. I must fall in the crowd of fans who sees positives for both new consoles.

  5. #75
    Darryl Sutter has a posse SuperCalo2000's Avatar




    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,790
    Liked
    485 times
    Karma
    1052400
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    80 Post(s)

    Default

    I just played some of the stuff here at e3 and honestly, the only new Xbox One game that caught my eye was Killer Instinct. Everything else I enjoyed or got me excited was this gen (and Im counting the WiiU in this).

    Hitting up Sony after lunch.
    rinkrat likes this.

  6. #76
    Video Game First Liner Ecktore's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,520
    Liked
    1162 times
    Karma
    1015254
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DotUKings View Post
    I disagree. Everyone has their own opinions. I find playing games online more enjoyable than by myself to begin with. I must fall in the crowd of fans who sees positives for both new consoles.
    Seems like you only play online multiplayer games. When I had my 360, I played both multiplayer and single player games. I see no point in having to be connected to the internet just so I can play Final Fantasy, or Red Dead Redemption. For that matter, why do I need to create an Xbox Live account i order to play the Single player campaign for Halo, Battlefield, or Call of Duty? There's absolutely no reason for it. Like I said, it has NOTHING to do with technology moving forward.
    SuperCalo2000 likes this.

  7. #77
    Go, Kings, Go rinkrat's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    210,865
    Liked
    7290 times
    Karma
    55431126
    Images
    6660
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)

    Default

    I think all appliances should be attached to the internet!

  8. #78
    Super Sexy Birdman's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    15,083
    Liked
    2247 times
    Karma
    2000045000
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    681 Post(s)

    Default

    Those of you all worried that "Hey, I don't want my **** connected to the Internet" need to get over it. If you have a smart phone, you're constantly connected already.

    Google knows what pr0n you watch, what you buy and when. This information is getting shared. Hell, the Government has a database of what calls you've made.

    If you worry that the box is gonna get hacked, and someone is going to be able to Snoop-Cam you while you're smooching with your sweetie, you just put a post it note over it and move on.
    at the draft party a couple of years ago, and under a considerable haze, i heard Birdman yell out the following (about 4 or 5 times, i think) - "don't marry yourselves to players!" he went on to reiterate that idea more than once on the boards, and i believe it to be absolutely sage.

    ---gescom

  9. #79
    Video Game First Liner Ecktore's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,520
    Liked
    1162 times
    Karma
    1015254
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    Those of you all worried that "Hey, I don't want my **** connected to the Internet" need to get over it. If you have a smart phone, you're constantly connected already.

    Google knows what pr0n you watch, what you buy and when. This information is getting shared. Hell, the Government has a database of what calls you've made.

    If you worry that the box is gonna get hacked, and someone is going to be able to Snoop-Cam you while you're smooching with your sweetie, you just put a post it note over it and move on.
    Not just watching you, but also listening to you. The Kinect, which apparently has to also remain plugged in, picks up sound as well as movement. So, yeah. Like you said, Google and Apple do this already. Only difference is, your mobile phones and tablets don't require a a data connection in order to make a phone call or use apps.

  10. #80
    Super Sexy Birdman's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    15,083
    Liked
    2247 times
    Karma
    2000045000
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    681 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ecktore View Post
    Only difference is, your mobile phones and tablets don't require a a data connection in order to make a phone call or use apps.
    20 years ago, my business partner and I would make the comment "Why would you buy a computer without a modem"?

    The trend for games now is to play with your friends, that's when you get the most enjoyment. There are some games where I didn't even bother finishing the Campaign all the way through, just so I could login and play a bit with you fools. That trend is just going to continue.
    at the draft party a couple of years ago, and under a considerable haze, i heard Birdman yell out the following (about 4 or 5 times, i think) - "don't marry yourselves to players!" he went on to reiterate that idea more than once on the boards, and i believe it to be absolutely sage.

    ---gescom

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66