Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Do you recline your seat on planes?

  1. #11
    2nd Scoring Line Kerfuffle's Avatar




    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    514
    Liked
    147 times
    Karma
    1149084
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    583 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    You should be aware most airlines ban those. Do you also bring knives, talk on the phone after they ask you to turn them off and unbuckle your seatbelt when the buckle up light goes on? All that is against the rules too. Just want to be sure you get your kicks.
    I researched the device - there is no law against them. The FAA deferred the matter to the airlines some of which have said they frown upon them and others don't care. That's quite a stretch there for you to insinuate that I bring knives on the plane.

  2. #12
    what I am, you shall be nocturn's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    8,529
    Liked
    1862 times
    Karma
    4065000
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    474 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    You should be aware most airlines ban those. Do you also bring knives, talk on the phone after they ask you to turn them off and unbuckle your seatbelt when the buckle up light goes on? All that is against the rules too. Just want to be sure you get your kicks.
    Lol!

    I fly pretty often also, in fact I Just got back from San Antonio last week. The new seats the airlines are putting in are f***ing ridiculous, man. They are glorified children’s lawn chairs. Im 6’-4” so pretty much any chair carries some discomfort but the new “slide your s*** under the chair in front of you” chairs are completely bogus. Im pretty much forced to fly business or first class for any flight over an hour.
    BeerMan, empire and x-wingcamewest like this.
    "Quod tu es, ego fui, quod nunc sum et tu eris"

  3. #13
    what I am, you shall be nocturn's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    8,529
    Liked
    1862 times
    Karma
    4065000
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    474 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerfuffle View Post
    That's quite a stretch there for you to insinuate that I bring knives on the plane.
    He was obviously just breaking your balls dude.
    "Quod tu es, ego fui, quod nunc sum et tu eris"

  4. #14
    Stanley Cup Champions !! Trapper9's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    2,063
    Liked
    270 times
    Karma
    1042500
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    126 Post(s)

    Default

    I always sit in the emergency exit isle for the extra leg room.
    BeerMan and empire like this.

  5. #15
    mmmmm Taco's jammer06's Avatar




    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8,958
    Liked
    7035 times
    Karma
    187136334
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1118 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nocturn View Post
    Lol!

    I fly pretty often also, in fact I Just got back from San Antonio last week. The new seats the airlines are putting in are f***ing ridiculous, man. They are glorified children’s lawn chairs. Im 6’-4” so pretty much any chair carries some discomfort but the new “slide your s*** under the chair in front of you” chairs are completely bogus. Im pretty much forced to fly business or first class for any flight over an hour.
    I didn't say they were comfortable, just that they reduced this issue.

    We're getting soft in our old age
    empire likes this.

  6. #16
    Team LGK mugs's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,511
    Liked
    3178 times
    Karma
    2147483647
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    279 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerfuffle View Post
    I researched the device - there is no law against them. The FAA deferred the matter to the airlines some of which have said they frown upon them and others don't care. That's quite a stretch there for you to insinuate that I bring knives on the plane.
    You punch people in the back of the head on the plane so who knows?
    BeerMan likes this.

  7. #17
    1st Scoring Line ucsdguy1's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,963
    Liked
    1347 times
    Karma
    1192739
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    278 Post(s)

    Default

    I only recline on passover

  8. #18
    1st Scoring Line Shackleford's Avatar




    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,650
    Liked
    97 times
    Karma
    1049572
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)

    Default

    People in a hurry: On the train/Bus people stand to the right on the escalators and such and don't give a wit about the people in a hurry. A person on a plane about to miss a connection? Oh god forbid that person might get off before you so you miss any of your lengthy layover. If you have a connection you'd be hurrying too.
    If you are from the UK / Europe they stand on the right of the escalators / moving side walks (whatever they are called)
    and you walk on the left side .
    It's a pretty good system as you can get around the people standing.

    I fly loads of times most years , a few longs hauls a each year as well .
    I do not recline , maybe just a little if I can but that's when the guy in front me does and then
    there is no room at all.

    To be honest I just feel more comfortable with the seat nearly straight up.
    Being in the 6' tall club I have had my share of bashed knees from some one
    slamming there seat back down .

    No fun!

  9. #19
    1st Scoring Line KingInTheWest's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,578
    Liked
    1202 times
    Karma
    30740000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    225 Post(s)

    Default

    I move my seat back 50% of the way. I figure that's far. What bugs me are people who lunge back all the way the instant the plane takes off.

  10. #20
    Classic player VCRW's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,903
    Liked
    6722 times
    Karma
    1003952955
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1558 Post(s)

    Default

    I am 6' 4" and I definitely do not recline unless I am in business or in an extended legroom area of coach that reclining will not disturb or cause discomfort to the person behind me.

    With the way airlines pack seats in regular coach sections these days, my knees are already up against the back of the seat in front of me with no recline.

    Reclining while seated in that section is simply a rude and selfish act. Tall people are definitely held in low esteem by airlines.

    Reclining is not a right. I think that feature should be removed from regular coach seats.
    Kerfuffle likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27