Here are few new hockey rules which i think NHL will never approve in order to keep game more entertaining.
Add you rules
1. In order to increase scoring the color of the puck will change to white.
2. Players can check referees and referees can check players.
3. Just before the game each coach will be delivered one bucket with snow balls which he can through at referees if he wants to get their attention or disagrees with them.
4. The backup goalie will have an option to spent game behind the net in trapezoid.
5. Per NHL and NHLPA agreement there will be a cap for tickets pricing in every arena.
6. Major penalty and game misconduct will be served by head coach.
7. Stanley Cup each year will be give to Los Angeles Kings no matter who won it.