June 14th, 2012, 08:24 AM #21
Oops...almost forgot! Lunchie is right...add a nice single malt scotch to the list of good ideas.
Originally Posted by lunchbox
June 14th, 2012, 10:08 AM #22
I have a feeling than when this is all over you probably will wish you had decided to stay a teatotaller.
June 14th, 2012, 11:10 AM #23
I generally don't get them either except on a very rare occasion and they're mild when I do, although if I go to sleep drunk I tend to wake up really early and not be able to go back to sleep and am tired and cranky as a result. But it beats a hangover from what I've seen.
Originally Posted by VEGASKING
June 15th, 2012, 08:09 PM #24
Just go straight to crack
June 15th, 2012, 08:56 PM #25
Well this is what I have figured out after 30+ years,
1. Never mix, if you start with wine stick with wine, same goes for hard drinks
2. Do drink plenty of water just do not be surprised that you get woken up early needing to hit the restroom.
3. Quality does count meaning the cheaper stuff has some impurities that can make things worse the next day. The better stuff actually tastes better and is better for you.
I have had the cheap champagne and always hated it but for when we won the cup I had purchased a $50 bottle of Mumms that actually we were surprised how smooth and a lack of pain the next morning. I have found simular with scotch , whiskeys & vodka that the better more pricey brands are worth it.
4. Learn your limit and do not let anyone pressure you to exceed it. I rarely drink in social settings and prefer to enjoy only at home. My wife and I normally end up spliting 1 bottle of a nice wine in an evening.
5. In wines Red's seem to be stronger than whites, watch out for wines called Dessert wine or Sauternes, They contain about twice the alcohol of normal wines.
June 15th, 2012, 09:03 PM #26
This thread feels like the alcohol equivalent of the 40 Year Old Virgin.
Don't put the pussy on a pedestal. Grow a pair and just pick a 6 pack of any random beer and drink it.
June 15th, 2012, 09:13 PM #27
Waiver Wire Pick-up
crystal light and vodka it gets the water in, cals only from the vodka and whoo hoo happy time!
June 15th, 2012, 09:45 PM #28
I echo everybody's advice of staying hydrated with water and would also add to maybe drink a vitamin water or take a vitamin around lunch and then a vitamin b complex before you go to bed. It will help prevent a hangover. I never had hangovers until I turned 30. Also, if you feel like yacking, go for it. You'll end up feeling better.
June 15th, 2012, 10:43 PM #29
adios mother****er's, washington apples, gorilla farts and cactus coolers!!!!
June 15th, 2012, 11:14 PM #30
Jagermeister is calling your name