1. If you've ever stolen anything, what was the most valuable item you took?
2. tomorrow on the 10-yr anniversary of 9/11, what is the main emotion you will have?
3. have you ever thrown up on a ride at the fair (or any amusement park)? (if yes, a few details... I threw up at the AV Fair in maybe 4th or 5th grade in front of friends - I'll never forget that)[/QUOTE]
1. I've never stolen anything tangible but I guess I stole time from my employer before.
I was 19 and going to school at LA valley college and was working the night crew at a Hughes Market in the Valley.
As a newbie on the crew they would assign me the pet food aisle (the most heavy/ripped aisle in the store )
I used to fall asleep on the floor of the aisle(not by choice but b/c I was kind of burning the candle at both ends) as I was rotating the stock of cat/dog food on the bottom shelf .
One day I remember looking at clock and it was 120AM , then I saw it and it was 4AM! (lunch time!)
I walked to the front of the store and the police were there and the was a commotion so I asked what was going on.
The crew chief said "Where the **** were you? We got just got robbed by a couple guys with guns"
I slept through the whole thing and the robbers didn't see me b/c my aisle was filled with stock and I was on the floor in a deep
HA ! Result! Here I was working it and came out of it unscathed because I was a slacker on the gig!
In all truth I missed a couple robberies as I was always deep in the store or in the back room pulling stock so I was always
unaware of what was going on in the front of the store.
Serves the guys right as they always gave me the most work since I was the new guy at the time.
2. Relief first as I did a gig in the courtyard of the WTC about 3 weeks before hand .
I remember seeing the 2nd plane crashing into one of the towers and sent an email to one of the production guys on the gig.
He sent me an email a few days later saying everyone on the gig made it to the other side with no injuries b/c the minute the firstplane hit they got the **** out of there. The lost the PA and all the gear (which was the best PA/desk pairing of the tour)
BUT they came away with their lives.
Then I felt extreme sadness as I thought there would be at least 10.000 lives lost as the place was f'in rammed with people for our gig which was " a light turnout for a lunch time show" as the promoter put it.
Thankfully it was not the case which is little comfort to those who lost loved ones in this tragedy but it could've been much
3. Never lost my lunch (or breakfast!) on a ride though I have come close!
As I've gotten older I don't really go on those rides much anymore.
1. What is the most degrading thing you've ever had to do as part of your job (past or present)?
2. Guns , Porn , or Drugs (yes including Alcohol) which could you not live without?
3. Favorite adult beverage?