"A stray paper lantern caused a massive blaze in a recycling plant in Smethwick, central England on Monday. About 100,000 tons of plastic recycling material enabled the flames to spread quickly, resulting in a plume of smoke that rose almost two kilometers (6,000 feet) into the air above the factory. Some 200 fire fighters battled the flames, and 10 suffered mild injuries. The incident has sparked calls for the ban of paper lanterns."
my baby Olivia as Lydia Deetz
First Australasian Antarctic Expedition, 1911-1914