Click Here!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Hickey & Zatkoff AHL All Stars

  1. #11
    1st Scoring Line KingFanMGM's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,946
    Liked
    342 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    155 Post(s)

    Default

    Hickey is the Kings most pure PP QB. I can't wait till he gets his first call up.

  2. #12
    Classic player VCRW's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,423
    Liked
    8402 times
    Karma
    675518277
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1380 Post(s)

    Default

    Doughty and now Voynov have created some pretty unrealistic expectations re Hickey (although the #4 overall pick is still debatable). He seems to be following more of an Alec Martinez path -- nothing wrong with coming into the league at 24 or 25 with smarts and talent. I just don't know if he will still be a King when it happens.

  3. #13
    Austrian Kingsfan MightyMike's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    1,307
    Liked
    1 times
    Karma
    1000000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VCRW View Post
    Doughty and now Voynov have created some pretty unrealistic expectations re Hickey (although the #4 overall pick is still debatable). He seems to be following more of an Alec Martinez path -- nothing wrong with coming into the league at 24 or 25 with smarts and talent. I just don't know if he will still be a King when it happens.
    Doughty ? Yes.
    Voynov ? Not as much.
    Don't forget that Slava Voynov has already played 3 full pro seasons (5 if you include the 2 seasons in the KHL where he played 31 and 36 games) despite his relatively young age of 21. That's the advantage if you're from europe and jump directly to the NA leagues (major or minor): You don't have to be 20 to play in the minors.
    Hickey on the other side is playing in his fifth pro season but only had seven games in his first season and just 19 in his second season.
    So that's a lot less than Voynov.
    Following your logic Hickey is well on track and by no means a bust (yet).

  4. #14
    All Star




    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,589
    Liked
    1177 times
    Karma
    1708381
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    444 Post(s)

    Default

    If they can send Doughty down and bring Hickey up I would be all for it.

  5. #15
    PJ Harvey is God adgy-san's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    36,262
    Liked
    17238 times
    Karma
    1094100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    269 Post(s)

    Default

    I was really happy to hear about that.

    Anybody been watching Deslauriers play in Manchester?

  6. #16
    1st Scoring Line gretzky99's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,610
    Liked
    513 times
    Karma
    1098730
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    503 Post(s)

    Default

    kind of makes me wish DL waited Doughty out a little more, or better yet, trades him for Bobby Ryan and a first.

  7. #17
    devenir gris gescom's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    33,435
    Liked
    3142 times
    Karma
    1252516
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    578 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adgy-san View Post
    I was really happy to hear about that.

    Anybody been watching Deslauriers play in Manchester?
    you really gonna ask that out loud... around HERE?


    without seeing one Monarchs game this season, i'd say that at 20-years old in his first pro season - with 3 points and a -2, he's doing just fine.

  8. #18
    AAAAAAAAAARGGGHH!!!! Yog S'loth's Avatar




    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    3,763
    Liked
    230 times
    Karma
    1020300
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)

    Default

    Sorry kids. Hickey is still a colossal bust. Keep patting him on the back of another minor-leauge gold star if you want, but he's still a 4th overall pick with very little chance of an NHL career.

  9. #19
    devenir gris gescom's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    33,435
    Liked
    3142 times
    Karma
    1252516
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    578 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yog S'loth View Post
    Sorry kids. Hickey is still a colossal bust. Keep patting him on the back of another minor-leauge gold star if you want, but he's still a 4th overall pick with very little chance of an NHL career.
    link?

    outside of Patrick Kane, the VAST majority of that class has barely even begun to come into their own over the last two years.
    Kubrick likes this.

  10. #20
    1st Scoring Line gretzky99's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,610
    Liked
    513 times
    Karma
    1098730
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    503 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gescom View Post
    link?

    outside of Patrick Kane, the VAST majority of that class has barely even begun to come into their own over the last two years.
    and Kane is in a Kopitar-like 2 goals in 20 game slump. time to trade him - he's lazy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28