Click Here!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Blueline

Thread: Coach Karl has left the building- resigned yesterday

  1. #1
    MVP SuxBeingU's Avatar




    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    11,753
    Liked
    146 times
    Karma
    1005000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Default Coach Karl has left the building- resigned yesterday

    Headed to Chicago and the AHL

    Good luck and good bye maybe now we can play a better balanced game


    Taylor leaves Reign for AHL job in Chicago - San Bernardino County Sun

  2. #2
    Cole. Dexter's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    5,726
    Liked
    1719 times
    Karma
    1020000
    Images
    4
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    251 Post(s)

    Default

    Yay. Now Starling can retire and be head coach!
    Support Be the Match through Tanner's site

    http://www.bethematchfoundation.org/...&team_id=23513

  3. #3
    The Blue Elixir of Life Blueline's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,793
    Liked
    390 times
    Karma
    500090000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

    Default

    Wow, they are really doing everything to try and get me to renew.
    Quote Originally Posted by ketel&tonic
    i likez teh whipped creamz
    Quote Originally Posted by ketel&tonic
    add whipped cream, instant party

    You know, fightin' in a basement offers a lot of difficulties. Number one being, you're fightin' in a basement!

  4. #4
    Team LGK Drunken Crunker's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,485
    Liked
    539 times
    Karma
    1381587
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Default

    What's the report on Taylor? Am I wrong in assuming that you guys aren't particularly pained to see him go?

  5. #5
    Cole. Dexter's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    5,726
    Liked
    1719 times
    Karma
    1020000
    Images
    4
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    251 Post(s)

    Default

    He was trying to set a play style that didn't fit the makeup of the team's skill levels. I'm sure it'll be fine in the AHL.
    Support Be the Match through Tanner's site

    http://www.bethematchfoundation.org/...&team_id=23513

  6. #6
    The Blue Elixir of Life Blueline's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,793
    Liked
    390 times
    Karma
    500090000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Crunker View Post
    What's the report on Taylor? Am I wrong in assuming that you guys aren't particularly pained to see him go?
    Actually, he's a good coach, but severly overtaxed due to few assignments from the AHL and injuries. He's been so busy trying to find players that he hasn't had time to teach players what to do. I really think the team put way too much on him to truly succeed.
    Dexter likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ketel&tonic
    i likez teh whipped creamz
    Quote Originally Posted by ketel&tonic
    add whipped cream, instant party

    You know, fightin' in a basement offers a lot of difficulties. Number one being, you're fightin' in a basement!

  7. #7
    AAAAAAAAAARGGGHH!!!! Yog S'loth's Avatar




    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    3,824
    Liked
    185 times
    Karma
    1050300
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    66 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blueline View Post
    Actually, he's a good coach, but severly overtaxed due to few assignments from the AHL and injuries. He's been so busy trying to find players that he hasn't had time to teach players what to do. I really think the team put way too much on him to truly succeed.
    I don't think you can evaluate how good or bad of a coach he was due to the dismal band of players he's had. If anything, call him a lousy recruiter for not being able to attract higher-end talent to the ECHL Siberia of Ontario.

    That said, I'm shocked. Really tough time for a coach to quit, this far into the off-season. I bet Kemp is kicking himself for opening up negotiations with Vancouver now... I bet the Canucks got what they wanted and skip town.
    Thi's i's my new prote'st again'st apo'strohpe abu'se.
    I figure if you can't beat them, join them.
    Ju'st u'se an apo'strophe before every letter 's in every 'single word. Maybe 'some of the'se fool's will realize how 'stupid that i's.

  8. #8
    The Blue Elixir of Life Blueline's Avatar




    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,793
    Liked
    390 times
    Karma
    500090000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yog S'loth View Post
    I don't think you can evaluate how good or bad of a coach he was due to the dismal band of players he's had. If anything, call him a lousy recruiter for not being able to attract higher-end talent to the ECHL Siberia of Ontario.

    That said, I'm shocked. Really tough time for a coach to quit, this far into the off-season. I bet Kemp is kicking himself for opening up negotiations with Vancouver now... I bet the Canucks got what they wanted and skip town.
    I'm not baseing the "good coach" comment on the previous 2 seasons, rather his tenure in the ECHL as a whole. And yes, he's had a hard time getting talent to come to Ontario, and the Kings haven't really held up thier end of the bargain on that either.

    Yea, looks like the Canucks got what they are after, wouldn't be surprised to see them drop off the radar now. But they still need/want a ECHL team to dump prospects in I would think.
    Quote Originally Posted by ketel&tonic
    i likez teh whipped creamz
    Quote Originally Posted by ketel&tonic
    add whipped cream, instant party

    You know, fightin' in a basement offers a lot of difficulties. Number one being, you're fightin' in a basement!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28